Six Nation 2017

OddJob

Was at the game yesterday, great atmosphere inside the stadium and around Edinburgh afterwards. Thought we'd blown it when the Irish got their noses in front but the Scotland forwards dug deep and produced a titanic last ten minutes to get the two winning penalties. The last five minutes was as tense as anything I have ever experienced at any kind of sporting occasion, followed by sheer elation. Roll on France.

Stuart Hogg is a sexy motherfucker.

Was at the game yesterday, great atmosphere inside the stadium and around Edinburgh afterwards. Thought we'd blown it when the Irish got their noses in front but the Scotland forwards dug deep and produced a titanic last ten minutes to get the two winning penalties. The last five minutes was as tense as anything I have ever experienced at any kind of sporting occasion, followed by sheer elation. Roll on France.

Agree with this, the match was one of the best I've seen. Edinburgh was bouncing last night.

Hogg is fucking phenomenal as is Johnny Gray.

The FEAR is chasing me today. Not even a few beers on the train have managed to fight it off.

Saw Brian McClair watching the England rugby game and boozing in a pub just next to the playhouse yesterday evening. It wasn't CC Blooms I'd just like to clarify, was the one next door to that.

Was full of rugby types all happy to wait ages to get served in a pub that reeked of fish. We gave it 5 trying to get served then left.

Saw Brian McClair watching the England rugby game and boozing in a pub just next to the playhouse yesterday evening. It wasn't CC Blooms I'd just like to clarify, was the one next door to that.

Was full of rugby types all happy to wait ages to get served in a pub that reeked of fish. We gave it 5 trying to get served then left.

So the other gay bar then?

Theatre Royal Bar. Had to go google it to check where it was I had been in. Not really one for frequenting bars around there much either. Heard Joseph Pearce's was a decent pub but your mention of the type of clientele sounds similar to what I've been told it's like.

Yeah the folk who owned it have Boda Bar, Victoria's and Sofis which I quite like, quirky little bars. Joseph Pearce just went a bit too wanky. In California just now not really drinking, so I'll suss out bars soon enough. I'll be back for some Edinburgh boozing in March :)

Yeah the folk who owned it have Boda Bar, Victoria's and Sofis which I quite like, quirky little bars. Joseph Pearce just went a bit too wanky. In California just now not really drinking, so I'll suss out bars soon enough. I'll be back for some Edinburgh boozing in March :)[/quote

Do they also have Hemma down on Holyrood Road then? I think they are all linked.

Theatre Royal is an ok boozer, wee bit touristy though and gets properly heaving over a 6N weekend. For a better and quieter pint, head a couple of hundred yards down Leith Walk to the Windsor.

Planet Out is a lesbian bar. Please don't ask how I discovered this...

If it didn't absolutely reek of fish in TR I may have stayed. Anybody been in the Black Rose Tavern on Rose Street? Always find that bizarre that they have a fish and chip fryer in the bar. The smell of cooking oil even overpowers the fish.

Not sure about Hemma, it could well be theirs too. Black Rose Tavern does Rock Karaoke, which is funny. It's just round the corner from my place ;)

Hemma, Joseph Pearce's, Sofi's and Akva at Fountainbridge are all owned by the same folk. Swedish.

Akva, which used to be Cargo, does an amazingly good value buffet lunch, all you can eat for about £8 and it's really nice food. Worth checking out at some point.

Hemma, Joseph Pearce's, Sofi's and Akva at Fountainbridge are all owned by the same folk. Swedish.

Akva, which used to be Cargo, does an amazingly good value buffet lunch, all you can eat for about £8 and it's really nice food. Worth checking out at some point.

Sounds decent. Passed it plenty but not been in since it was Cargo.

brutal match yesterday!.

France just edged it for me but we were hit with some injuries, the loss of Laidlaw early on was tough but they competed right to the end against a team of monsters. So many errors from both sides made it an entertaining match. The ref has some explaining to do regarding that kick from Russell.

If we were offered 5 points after two matches, I reckon we'd have taken it.

brutal match yesterday!.

France just edged it for me but we were hit with some injuries, the loss of Laidlaw early on was tough but they competed right to the end against a team of monsters. So many errors from both sides made it an entertaining match. The ref has some explaining to do regarding that kick from Russell.

If we were offered 5 points after two matches, I reckon we'd have taken it.

Hope Laidlaw is back for Wales game, especially going by our kicking once he went off injured. WTF was that attempted conversion from Finn Russell all about though? :suicide:

Hope Laidlaw is back for Wales game, especially going by our kicking once he went off injured. WTF was that attempted conversion from Finn Russell all about though? :suicide:

From what I gathered after the match, the ref was hurrying Russell along despite having more than 30 seconds left to take the kick. Russell rushed it and the ball moved off the tee. It was very bizarre

From what I gathered after the match, the ref was hurrying Russell along despite having more than 30 seconds left to take the kick. Russell rushed it and the ball moved off the tee. It was very bizarre

We now know what happened, and it's even more bizarre.

There's an obscure rule (which I wasn't previously aware of) that once the conversion has been taken, the ref can't refer the try to the TMO. Apparently there was some concern on the sidelines that Finn Russell's flip-pass to Tommy Seymour might have been forward, therefore the message to Russell from the sidelines was for him to get the conversion done and dusted as quick as pos, so the ref could't refer the try upstairs. The ref has since stated that he had nae intention of asking the TMO to check the try. So the pressure to take it quickly was entirely unnecessary, and actually came from the Scottish bench! :clangers2:

It was indeed an utterly brutal contest, can't help but feel that if Laidlaw had stayed on we might well have won. His service from scrum-half isn't the quickest but he's a natural leader and a cool head, and we lacked both of those things at times in the second half.

Still, I'm not TOO gutted, that was a mammoth French pack we were up against and in years past we'd have been walloped out of sight by half-time in a game like that. However the team dug deep and were still competitive until the end. Encouraging signs, although fairly major damage assessment will be needed on the walking wounded ahead of the Wales game in a fortnight.

There's an obscure rule (which I wasn't previously aware of) that once the conversion has been taken, the ref can't refer the try to the TMO. Apparently there was some concern on the sidelines that Finn Russell's flip-pass to Tommy Seymour might have been forward, therefore the message to Russell from the sidelines was for him to get the conversion done and dusted as quick as pos, so the ref could't refer the try upstairs. The ref has since stated that he had nae intention of asking the TMO to check the try. So the pressure to take it quickly was entirely unnecessary, and actually came from the Scottish bench! :clangers2:

It was indeed an utterly brutal contest, can't help but feel that if Laidlaw had stayed on we might well have won. His service from scrum-half isn't the quickest but he's a natural leader and a cool head, and we lacked both of those things at times in the second half.

Still, I'm not TOO gutted, that was a mammoth French pack we were up against and in years past we'd have been walloped out of sight by half-time in a game like that. However the team dug deep and were still competitive until the end. Encouraging signs, although fairly major damage assessment will be needed on the walking wounded ahead of the Wales game in a fortnight.

Ali price seemed to bet he opposite, quick at releasing but a total hot head. No need for the push on the french player.............even if I did burst out laughing.

the conversion from Russell has now become even more laughable. I really hope the injury list doesn't grow, its bad enough playing without Nell and Dickinson.

Egg chaser from my work thinks this is nothing more than an excuse and the management taking the pressure off Russell.