Anyone Received The Sandwich Van E-Mail Yet?

Karl Fletcher

how so? she looks quite reasonable in the pic in the daily mail. hardly an ugly woman!

Hardly, she looks horrific, burst red blood vessels all over her coupon, big nose, overweight.

She looked reasonable in the picture where she was on the night out, all covered in fake tan and about three inches of make up, but anyone can do that.

She's a ten pinter at a push.

• Downvote 1

I'm actually surprised how viral this has gone. It's not all that funny/shocking... just very slightly embarrassing for the couple in question.

A search on 'Melanie Anderson Subsea' brings up articles globally :blink:

The world must be having a slow news week.

• 1 month later...

Its fairly hit Facebook, you've got to feel a bit sorry for the girl, one simple error and she's the talk of the town and her life is turned upside down.

Didn't stop me sharing her story on facebook though! :thumbup1:

The papers will probably run the story as well, poor girl.

Quite, one simply mistake and their life was turned up side down... Who knows how they are feeling, something like this could tip someone into a long-term depression, or perhaps worse.... :(

But I've just got to ask, if you knew this, why were you so keen to play your part in turning that couples lives upside down by helping to spread a conversation that wasn't yours to forward. Something sent in error isn't yours any more than a private letter incorrectly delivered is.

Am I the only one who sees this as bullying? If school kids did this to one of their class mates /i'm pretty sure that's what it would be seen as.

Its fairly hit Facebook, you've got to feel a bit sorry for the girl, one simple error and she's the talk of the town and her life is turned upside down.

Quite, one simply mistake and their life was turned up side down... Who knows how they are feeling, something like this could tip someone into a long-term depression, or perhaps worse.... :(

But I've just got to ask, if you knew this, why were you so keen to play your part in turning that couples lives upside down by helping to spread a conversation that wasn't yours to forward. Something sent in error isn't yours any more than a private letter incorrectly delivered is.

Am I the only one who sees this as bullying? If school kids did this to one of their class mates /i'm pretty sure that's what it would be seen as.

In a word, Yes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In a word, Yes.

Well fuck me. If actively being part in "turning someone's life upside down" for a laugh isn't bullying I have no idea what is :(

RGU was as is so often the case, speaking for himself while saying he speaks for everyone. I'd agree with you.

Nice that someone agrees with me. I was beginning to feel like I was the only sane person left in this fucken city... Which is a very worrying thought...

RGU was as is so often the case, speaking for himself while saying he speaks for everyone. I'd agree with you.

Nice that someone agrees with me. I was beginning to feel like I was the only sane person left in this fucken city... Which is a very worrying thought...

you're nae by any chance the bloke involved are you?

you're nae by any chance the bloke involved are you?

Emmm, no. :laughing:

If you send that sort of stuff about an office you deserve to be bullied IMO.

C'mon. Nobody 'deserves' to be bullied at work for a mistake. Not seeing it as bullying is one thing, seeing it as that and saying they deserve what happened to them is quite another.

Aberdeen is small place, does anybody know what happened to that couple, did they get just go get jobs somewhere else or did they leave the city?

C'mon. Nobody 'deserves' to be bullied at work for a mistake. Not seeing it as bullying is one thing, seeing it as that and saying they deserve what happened to them is quite another.

Aberdeen is small place, does anybody know what happened to that couple, did they get just go get jobs somewhere else or did they leave the city?

It was hardly crime of the century, the email was a laugh for those reading it and embarrassing for the couple involved but surely after a day or two they just got on with their life's as normal.

I think you know more than you're letting on.

Old news now though, hope they live happily ever after and can see the funny side of it, if not now maybe some day. They certainly got their 5 minutes of fame, no harm done.

I honestly don't know anymore than is on this forum. But I doubt most folk could actually deal with being humiliated in the national press and having their cringe worthy 'letter to their lover' or whatever the fuck that email was actually supposed to be passed a long and laughed at in every single work place in their city, and then just forget about it in a day or two. The fact that they both resigned over it shows that they must have been upset I guess.

All I know is what is already on the links on this thread, that they resigned from their jobs and were still 'in hiding' when The Sun wrote about Deborah being told off a couple of weeks later. I actually just wondered if 1. I was the only person who saw this sort of thing as bullying and 2. What happened to them, were they OK etc.

I honestly don't know anymore than is on this forum. But I doubt most folk could actually deal with being humiliated in the national press and having their cringe worthy 'letter to their lover' or whatever the fuck that email was actually supposed to be passed a long and laughed at in every single work place in their city, and then just forget about it in a day or two. The fact that they both resigned over it shows that they must have been upset I guess.

All I know is what is already on the links on this thread, that they resigned from their jobs and were still 'in hiding' when The Sun wrote about Deborah being told off a couple of weeks later. I actually just wondered if 1. I was the only person who saw this sort of thing as bullying and 2. What happened to them, were they OK etc.

Think the simple answer is who gives a fuck?

• Upvote 1

Why should anyone give a fuck about if they're ok? They're fully grown middle aged adults. If you're going to send shit like that to company email addresses then you should be prepared for the consequences.

It was hardly crime of the century, the email was a laugh for those reading it and embarrassing for the couple involved but surely after a day or two they just got on with their life's as normal.

I think you know more than you're letting on.

Old news now though, hope they live happily ever after and can see the funny side of it, if not now maybe some day. They certainly got their 5 minutes of fame, no harm done.

Well apart from both losing their jobs of course :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

You're loving this bully word min.

Utter fucking tosh

Its human nature, people make fun of other people and if they are stupid enough to send their private life round an office in an email then human nature dictates there will be a shredding afterwards. Its called banter, the only thing they've been slagged off for is stupidity, well that and being plug ugly. The only difference between this and laughing when someone trips on union street is that things like social media now mean its global and picked up by everyone.

If someone cant take a ribbing they have two choices, dont be a fucking idiot in the first place or go hide in a cave away from the world never to be seen again.

2. What happened to them, were they OK etc.

Why should anyone give a fuck about if they're ok? They're fully grown middle aged adults. If you're going to send shit like that to company email addresses then you should be prepared for the consequences.

Don't know really. Basic human empathy maybe? But I can understand why you wouldn't.

The only difference between this and laughing when someone trips on union street is that things like social media now mean its global and picked up by everyone.

Don't know man. I think if I saw someone trip up in Union Street my gut reaction would be to ask if they were OK. Maybe I'm just plain fucken wierd after all. :laughing:

I'm with RSF on this one. It's one thing to tell all your mates down the pub about the silly mare at your work who accidentally forwarded on a raunchy email to the whole office. But to forward on the email could easily be seen as bullying in my opinion. Yon bird could easily have been sacked.

To be honest, I think the person that sent it on should have been sacked.

I imagine most companies would have an IT policy of not forwarding e-mails that are quite clearly internal e-mails. They'd probably prefer not to get any more press on it though.

As for the bullying slant, perhaps. It was pathetic though, they weren't two teenagers and they couldn't even argue that they were in the beginning of a relationship. To communicate like that through work e-mail and then make that error, natural selection at work in my opinion.