Stephen Gleeson Signed.

One of McInnes' frustrtaing ones. There was clearly a player in there but whilst others go to different clubs and seem to thrive these ones come to us and just seem to get bogged down from day one.

They need to be given more than the odd appearance here and there though.Or the last few minutes of a game.

Like you,I thought there may have been a player in there,but some players need a run of games to get into it,he didna really get that.

So that's Gleeson, Tansey and Forrester all came and gone for zero return in just 18 months, I wonder how much we've written off in wages? McInnes should be getting grilled by the board, but of course he's bullet proof.

Not under Cormack he isn't.

Take it as granted that Cormack won't be sucking off McInnes like Milne did/does.

I never said he wasn't. Doubt too many concerns were raised though, they gave him a new contract after all.

Milne gave him the new contract. The final say was with him.

It isn't any more.

So that's Gleeson, Tansey and Forrester all came and gone for zero return in just 18 months, I wonder how much we've written off in wages? McInnes should be getting grilled by the board, but of course he's bullet proof.

Yeah and you can add Wilson, Main and Taylor to that list, and my jury is still out on Ryan Hedges too.

& wasted wages like May/Maynard

He really has blown his wad on some pathetic gambles, some can be judged with hindsight but others were blatantly obvious wasters.

He really does have some serious humdingers on his list of pissing wages up against the wall.

Arguably he’s added Bryson to the list also, maybe even Ojo as well but time will tell. Damn sure they are higher earners as well.

They should take some of the money wasted on these useless cunts out of McInnes rather generous wage.

Should offer him one ‘bonus signing’ out with seasons budget.

Under condition that if the signing is a flop it comes from his own wages. See if he’s willing to put his money where his own recruiting faith is.

My guess is he would bottle it & stick with his allocated budget because he’s had so many pretty high profile flops to date.

A lot of people using hindsight to slag off signings the majority were in favour of at the time.

The likes of May and Bryson (although this is harsh some are naming him) for example got almost universal approval when they came in.

I'm not saying Mcinnes hasnt had fuck up signings but it's almost like some have never watched football. Everyone from Fergie to the bottom made shite signings.

• Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Played over 110 games between 2014 and 2018 through prior to signing

Weird

Aye, I read that in this week's Shoot magazine bought at my local Co-op.

Should offer him one ‘bonus signing’ out with seasons budget.

Under condition that if the signing is a flop it comes from his own wages. See if he’s willing to put his money where his own recruiting faith is.

My guess is he would bottle it & stick with his allocated budget because he’s had so many pretty high profile flops to date.

Great idea m8

A lot of people using hindsight to slag off signings the majority were in favour of at the time.

The likes of May and Bryson (although this is harsh some are naming him) for example got almost universal approval when they came in.

I'm not saying Mcinnes hasnt had fuck up signings but it's almost like some have never watched football. Everyone from Fergie to the bottom made shite signings.

Everyone is an expert after the event though.

Ferguson signed utter garbage for Man U like djemba djemba who couldn’t even get a game for st mirren.

I even accepted that ‘some’ could be excused & being judged using hindsight but that still doesn’t excuse complete failures of signings.

Also no need for hindsight to say Main & Taylor are/were bad bad signings

Trying to excuse some of these signings is ridiculous

You don’t like Derek McInnes, we get it. Don’t need to hear it every single thread.
  • Downvote 2

I even accepted that ‘some’ could be excused & being judged using hindsight but that still doesn’t excuse complete failures of signings.

Also no need for hindsight to say Main & Taylor are/were bad bad signings

Trying to excuse some of these signings is ridiculous

Great idea m8

It actually is imo.

Say to a manager that they can sign a player (within reason) out with their allocated budget (if they say they want another player) but certain player needs to meet certain agreed expectations. Otherwise manager has to cover costs from his own pocket.

Be interesting to see how many managers would have the balls to take up such a challenge & show faith in their ability to make decent signings.

They don’t HAVE to take up the challenge ;)

I assume McInnes wouldn’t have the balls