Wimbledon Tennis

• 1 year later...

Guest milne_afc
9 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Camilla Giorgi.

29 years old

Her fanny will be toughening with all the change of direction, particularly on the hard courts

Great to see Andy giving us the greatest hits again last night. Right down to the running backhand lob winner on Match Point. 

Coming back from the surgery he's had to still perform at this level is incredible. A mark of how determined he is & also just how great he is. 

An absolute legend. I doubt there'll ever be a Scottish sportsman as great as him. 

What a man. ❤️

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Great to see Andy giving us the greatest hits again last night. Right down to the running backhand lob winner on Match Point. 

Coming back from the surgery he's had to still perform at this level is incredible. A mark of how determined he is & also just how great he is. 

An absolute legend. I doubt there'll ever be a Scottish sportsman as great as him. 

What a man. ❤️

He actually seems like he's enjoying it more now... think with less pressure and expectation, he's able to relax a bit more.  Obviously he's always playing with the thought in his mind this could be his last ever match.

To be playing at that level with a hip replacement is incredible!  The mentality of the guy is unbelievable!

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Nivver warmed te the cunt. The dog died  nailed it and mummy is an unfuckable fuck-up. But I grant you his desire, it's world class, like utterly awesome and for this he will always have my maximum respect.

Watched 5 minutes of his match the other night. It was sad, it was pathos, he was pathetic. His body can no longer compete but fuck he tried like a bitch and I heard he won. Good for him. But he's finished now and he should know this and retire immediately. He probably is going to, I don't know and for the dog died personality types, I don't give enough of a fuck to care or listen enough to know what they're planning. It's ugly to see those in denial be in denial though. Happens all the time on so many different levels. 

It was just great to see him back on centre court giving it everything,  never thought I'd see it again. Produced some ridiculous winners towards the end,  felt like old times.  If he can win another game he's had a good week. 

Welcome back Rocket!  I hope you are well!

As I mentioned earlier, I think he looks like he's actually enjoying it more, when he does get on the court.  Think he's able to relax and take it all in!  He gets asked all the time 'why don't you just retire?'  Answer is because he loves playing tennis and loves competing. Think he's entitled to do that for as long as he can!

I reckon Murray is a great role model for young aspiring Scottish sports people.  Has shown what can be achieved through discipline, dedication, desire and hard-work.  Before he arrived, if you'd told me we'd have Scottish world number one, winning multiple slams and olympic golds, I'd have told you to have a lie down!  

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Meaningless in most contexts, agreed. But not all.

Exposure and revelation of character is more than interesting to the right inquiring mind and whether of a person of an individual sport, a member of a team sport or not a sportsperson at all, it's rarely uninteresting.

It just feeds the banks.

Normally with strength that the instincts and foundations were robust to begin with. 

I already wish you hadn't come back. 

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I reckon Murray is a great role model for young aspiring Scottish sports people.  Has shown what can be achieved through discipline, dedication, desire and hard-work.  Before he arrived, if you'd told me we'd have Scottish world number one, winning multiple slams and olympic golds, I'd have told you to have a lie down!  

And all that in an era dominate by the 3 greatest male players ever to pick up a racquet. 

That his body failed him just as he'd overcome them and reached the summit is a cruel twist. That he's come back from that to be competing at any sort of high level shows the strength of both his character and his talent.

• Upvote 1