New Stadium Approved

Didn't think it was a great survey. At no point did it take into account the financing of any of the alternatives offered.

Aye we'll just build a new train link from the new AECC.

Aye we'll just buy land elsewhere in the city for 10x the amount Kingsford cost.

Was clearly put together by someone who's against the move.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Didn't think it was a great survey. At no point did it take into account the financing of any of the alternatives offered.

Aye we'll just build a new train link from the new AECC.

Aye we'll just buy land elsewhere in the city for 10x the amount Kingsford cost.

Was clearly put together by someone who's against the move.

It was put together by the Kingsford Stadium Twitter, who is about as pro-Kingsford as you can get.

• Upvote 3

It was put together by the Kingsford Stadium Twitter, who is about as pro-Kingsford as you can get.

Similarly crazy paranoid responses to the original tweet.

The more it comes to fruition the more I can't believe how far out the stadium is going to be with no proper public transport connections. I hope the stadium is incredible and something you'd want to go to every game even if you lived at the other end of the country. There's a fine line for all these new stadiums between bored after you've seen it once and something you want to go back to all the time. Close to the pitch and steepest possible stands never seems to get old, something the club really need to fix in the design. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Similarly crazy paranoid responses to the original tweet.

The more it comes to fruition the more I can't believe how far out the stadium is going to be with no proper public transport connections. I hope the stadium is incredible and something you'd want to go to every game even if you lived at the other end of the country. There's a fine line for all these new stadiums between bored after you've seen it once and something you want to go back to all the time. Close to the pitch and steepest possible stands never seems to get old, something the club really need to fix in the design.

Were the club not made to reduce the steepness due to WANKS complaints and/or the council planning dept?

Were the club not made to reduce the steepness due to WANKS complaints and/or the council planning dept?

The design is based on Bristol Cuty's Ashton Gate, with the same height, rake etc, so chances are the stadium was always going to be that height but they made out they were being good neighbours and listening to the public.

No. Made up by Yule I think, probably actually to do with costs of a 5 metre taller stadium or something.  Maybe they'd have to dig down now to make the stands inside steeper due to what they've submitted and had approved. It makes a hell of a difference to the feeling inside the stadium. The club need to invest in these things if it costs a bit more rather than cutting construction costs short term. £2m more for steep stands for example would be a very good investment in gate receipts and supporter satisfaction for the next 50 years.

• Upvote 1

TRAINING GROUND UPDATE

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/11/21/training-ground-update/

Principal Contractor announced for construction of Aberdeen Football Club’s Community Sports Hub and Football Training Facilities

Local firms share in £8million of contracts as funding targets for phase one achieved

Aberdeen Football Club has appointed Morrison Construction as the principal contractor for the construction of the community sports hub and football training facilities at Kingsford.

TRAINING GROUND UPDATE

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/11/21/training-ground-update/

Principal Contractor announced for construction of Aberdeen Football Club’s Community Sports Hub and Football Training Facilities

Local firms share in £8million of contracts as funding targets for phase one achieved

Aberdeen Football Club has appointed Morrison Construction as the principal contractor for the construction of the community sports hub and football training facilities at Kingsford.

Great to see that local companies like WM Donalds, and Hutcheys Electrical, are being subbied for this

Did anyone hear from the horses mouth the club say an indoor pitch would come later or was that made up and repeated, and what would it cost?

Cormack said they were installing the hybrid pitch because Burnley told them invest now rather than later. 

It would have made sense to me to have the changing rooms, gym, reception etc. within an indoor facility rather than a separate pavilion. Or at least designed it so it could be an extension. 

• Upvote 1

Did anyone hear from the horses mouth the club say an indoor pitch would come later or was that made up and repeated, and what would it cost?

Cormack said they were installing the hybrid pitch because Burnley told them invest now rather than later. 

It would have made sense to me to have the changing rooms, gym, reception etc. within an indoor facility rather than a separate pavilion. Or at least designed it so it could be an extension. 

The indoor pitch is supposedly Phase 3, once the stadium is finished, which seems stupid to me.

An indoor pitch should have been included in Phase 1.

I assume the pavilion will include offices, club restaurant, gym, reception etc.

• Upvote 1

See they say part of the extra £1.5m is to help cover their costs for the judicial review.

Hopefully it’s just the club expecting to have to cover their own legal fees given the WANKS appear to be planning to fold their company after losing to get out of paying any costs.

Cunts.

I did find that comment strange, surely the court case is Aberdeen Council v WANKS (and not directly involving us).

• Admin

I see NKSL have a another limited company on the go,

West Aberdeen Environmental Protection Association Limited

Westhill Business Centre

Endeavour Dr, Arnhall Business Park

Westhill AB32 6UF

To go along with

No Kingsford Stadium Limited,

Westhill Business Centre,

Endeavour Dr, Arnhall Business Park,

Westhill AB32 6UF

All the directors are the same for both.They're now asking all donations to be sent to the newer company.

This another scheme to avoid liabilities and costs when they fail?

Westhill Business Centre

Westhill AB32 6UF

To go along with

Westhill AB32 6UF

All the directors are the same for both.They're now asking all donations to be sent to the newer company.

Report them to the old bill for fraud.

• Site Sponsor

Westhill Business Centre

Westhill AB32 6UF

To go along with

Westhill AB32 6UF

WAEPAL has been on the go since February 2018.

They are also diverting donations into the WAEPAL bank account now - originally all donation went into the NKS bank account.

Just means that if/when NKS lose the judicial review and any costs are awarded against them, there will be no money in the NKS bank account as WAEPAL is a totally separate company and funds in that account are nothing to do with the NKS appeal.

The directors of NKS are therefore only exposed to a quid each - their limited liability exposure.

Short answer Bebo is "yes"