The Ryan Fraser Clause

F*ck me, this seems to be a standard trope these days... Of course he'll see some of it, just don't be expecting to go on a £5 million spending spree either... Same with the McKenna money when he's sold... 25% of the profits would be a fair and reasonable amount to expect to go into the transfer kitty based on the board's claim that any fee received for players (Hayes, Rooney etc) has gone back into the playing budget... Whilst it would be naive to assume DMc would get all of the RFC (ooooh...) it's what he ends up doing with it that worries me more...

It’s also naive to think that if Fraser does get sold for 30million for example that a cheque for 5-6 million or whatever would be on its way north. Likely to paid in instalments over length of contract or when certain criteria are met ie number of appearances. The initial cash paid for the player based on 30 million couid be 10-15.

It’s also naive to think that if Fraser does get sold for 30million for example that a cheque for 5-6 million or whatever would be on its way north. Likely to paid in instalments over length of contract or when certain criteria are met ie number of appearances. The initial cash paid for the player based on 30 million couid be 10-15.

I'd imagine we'll get our installments as Bournemouth get theirs.

I dont think instalments would really matter. we have plenty benefactors that would be happy to put the money up if it is just for a short term smoothing out of cash flow

Agreed. Instalments will be contractually agreed then it will be budgeted for so there is assurance that any short term director loans will be repaid. Might need to ask Ten Caat though, heard he has signed professional contracts before.

• Upvote 3

Here's the boring explanation!!

Aberdeen are a company so pay corporation tax, which is a tax on profits (after adjusting for various items) and don't pay capital gains tax. However if you have made losses in the past then you can typically use these losses to offset future profits and avoid paying tax. At the end of last year Aberdeen had almost £25Million of tax losses brought forward so it will be a loooooooong time until AFC ever pay tax to HMRC, if ever.

There is VAT on transfer fees so what we receive for Fraser will depend on what Bournemouth receive. If they sell for £30M plus VAT then we will receive £6M plus VAT. The VAT is a bit of a red herring as that is money that is received and then paid over to HMRC so we would clear £6Million (likely over a number of years I would expect). If Bournemouth receive £30M including VAT then that is the equivalent of £25M plus VAT so we would get £5M plus VAT so would clear £5M.

Hopefully that is not clear as mud!!

It would appear someone actually knows what they’re talking about on here for once, instead of guessing games, +1

Wonder how much of a bonus the directors will get from the deal.

In particularly a certain non executive director waste of space who’s name is the colour of shite.

Apparently it was Willie Miller who arranged the clause? Now it’s my turn to pass on information from dubious hearsay

It would appear someone actually knows what they’re talking about on here for once, instead of guessing games, +1

A good explanation on the tax implications not the structure on how it will be paid. As someone earlier said far better than I did , we will get paid when Burnley do. It could take the length of the contract he signs to get the full amount. My earlier point was that IF he signs for Arsenal for 30m we won’t receive 6m instantly so fans shouldn’t expect the club to start throwing cash about.

A good explanation on the tax implications not the structure on how it will be paid. As someone earlier said far better than I did , we will get paid when Burnley do. It could take the length of the contract he signs to get the full amount. My earlier point was that IF he signs for Arsenal for 30m we won’t receive 6m instantly so fans shouldn’t expect the club to start throwing cash about.

Yeah, it’s possible, no one will know the exact makeup of any deal until it’s done and dusted. It’s very likely that Arsenal and Burnley will insert plenty of clauses themselves which could alter any payments to us. Who knows?

Yeah, it’s possible, no one will know the exact makeup of any deal until it’s done and dusted. It’s very likely that Arsenal and Burnley will insert plenty of clauses themselves which could alter any payments to us. Who knows?

Yep , you’re right. If anyone is interested there’s a book called done deal written by a lawyer/agent that goes into the detail of players contracts. Decent read if you’re into that kind of thing. Some of the things written into players contracts is nuts..

I can see Chelsea signing Fraser. He'd be a good replacement of Hazard. I'm hoping the bids reach 40 million - Wolves, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester Utd all have declared an interest in him this summer. I doubt McInnes would see any of that money as it'll got straight towards the new stadium.

Rightly so, on various levels.