Connor Mclennan

Guess he can get a new thread. Get the feeling he is going to be the subject on many debates to come.

Possibly injured today?

I have liked the look of him lately but most of that appreciation may be coming because others have been poor.

He looks quick, powerful & hard to defend against.

Likes to take on his man but he does tend to either run himself into trouble, or is forced into a last second pass/cross that is very often poor. His crossing is almost always over hit.

Looks like there's decent potential there but his crossing is definitely something that needs work & he needs to get his head up more when running with ball, as he runs himself into dead ends very often but manages to get through sometimes due to strength/momentum rather than skill.

Doing enough to stay in team at moment but mostly due to physicality rather anything else right now.

Hope he continually improves

• Downvote 1

Guess he can get a new thread. Get the feeling he is going to be the subject on many debates to come.

Possibly injured today?

I have liked the look of him lately but most of that appreciation may be coming because others have been poor.

He looks quick, powerful & hard to defend against.

Likes to take on his man but he does tend to either run himself into trouble, or is forced into a last second pass/cross that is very often poor. His crossing is almost always over hit.

Looks like there's decent potential there but his crossing is definitely something that needs work & he needs to get his head up more when running with ball, as he runs himself into dead ends very often but manages to get through sometimes due to strength/momentum rather than skill.

Doing enough to stay in team at moment but mostly due to physicality rather anything else right now.

Hope he continually improves

Raheem Sterling earns GBP 300k p/w and he can't cross a ball.  Connor will be fine, he'll improve with more games, hopefully developing his consistency and final ball along the way.

Raheem Sterling earns GBP 300k p/w and he can't cross a ball.  Connor will be fine, he'll improve with more games, hopefully developing his consistency and final ball along the way.

Little less time on ball & stronger players at this level but he's more than holding his own so far.

Just need him to ease up a little on crossing, try & slow that part down a bit. No point busting a gut to put final ball out on other side of pitch for a throw.

Up to players like Shinnie to help with that

He certainly changed the game on Tuesday night against Livi he ran them ragged. Had a massively impressive full debut against St Mirren a few months ago as well. I also thought he looked by far our most dangerous player against Celtic in the cup final when he came on.

He's young and he will make mistakes and be inconsistent at times but the raw potential is definitely there. Physically he's a beast and he has excellent close control and skill.

I think he will end up being a big player for us and one that we can hopefully sell on for a big fee a few years down the line.

We’ve paid fees for players in the past that aren’t as good as him now! More than happy that we’ve got another prospect coming through the ranks. I’m not actually arguing with you FnD, we know he’s not the finished article by a long shot

I'm not slating him, not in the slightest. Not even trying to cause debate either.

Just pointing out some of the things that I feel he needs to improve. He's a young player just breaking through (literally lol) so of course he is going to have a lot of things to work on.

Far more strengths to his game than weaknesses

WTF was he doing wearing gloves yesterday ? Barely acceptable in foreign born players.

McInnes said he was 'being a girl' on RedTV (a slightly surprising phrase to use in these PC time where you expect managers to be a bit media savvy) although that was in relation to his hamstring injury rather than his choice of clothing accessories.

Guest milne_afc

The lad has poor circulation - without the gloves, he might die.

He does have African monkey features about his coupon, every possibility he's got some spear chucker in his lineage.

McInnes said he was 'being a girl' on RedTV (a slightly surprising phrase to use in these PC time where you expect managers to be a bit media savvy) although that was in relation to his hamstring injury rather than his choice of clothing accessories.

Superb from Derek in fairness.