Ryan Jack

Apologies if there is a thread already for Ryan. Mr Jack, if you read this another apology from the Red Army, we have got limited vocal ability and our songwriting isn't the best, but trust me if we could get a decent shout together for you it would echo regularly from the stands, deservedly. We tried yesterday, really.

AFC I don't care what you get up to in this transfer window or what budget you have, only bit of business I want to see is the photo from the broom cupboard of pen to paper on Ryan's new deal. Board, it's up to you to stop the skill drain to the Championship etc etc, you develop the talent, make it worthwhile for them to stay. The gaffer has the ambition and owns the media regularly, strolling through interviews. So the ball is in your court to give him what he needs.

With the squad building well this would be another brick in the foundation of a strong Aberdeen side, not just for the remainder of this season but for next.

Nice Article here.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/how-aberdeen-are-building-from-jack-to-front.26228645

• Upvote 4

He certainly needs himself a wee tune... and not just another KC and the sunshine band number.

He's been fucking quality this season. During this run in particular. He's been like a Spaniard the way he keeps possession regardless of his position and how much pressure he's under. He will go far. Hope we rake it in when he does leave and that he goes onto big things. He will be a great example for future youngsters.... who do you want to end up like, we could ask them... "Ryan Jack, Ryan Fraser, Fraser Fyvie or Jack Grimmer??"

How much can we realistically expect a club to pay for him with a year left on his contract?

Think we'd do well to get 1 million for him in the summer, I'd rather we kept him and let his contract run down if he wasn't to sign on.

In an ideal world he'll sign a two year extension and leave for 2.5-3 million at the end of next season.

Edit - Or even more ideally, he'll stay and go on to captain the club, but judging from what Del has said it's a matter of time before he moves on. It's just whether we can prolong it and get a decent fee.

Sign a year's extension agree a release fee - everyone's happy. Anything else is just poor business and we're supposed to be past that now...

Aye that's my thoughts as well.

Hope it doesn't turn out similar to Gary Mackay Steven - last year his name was being bandied about with a 7 figure price tag and now with 6 months on his contract he's rumoured to be worth 400k.