Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

It's not just "running around a lot"

It's hurrying the opposition backline into making a mistake or surrendering possession

He actually does that well

I can't be arsed having to explain fundamentals to mentals on here, so from now on I'm going to be very selective about who I reply to

I think most of us can appreciate that May is given the task the pressurising and closing down opponents.   It's the rest of his game that's the problem.  For 400K and a top wage we need more....  At St. Johnstone he was a dynamic, aggressive goalscorer, who ran the channels brilliantly.  He's been an absolute shadow of that here.

That was really fucking horrible.

Not surprising in the least as this is McInnes 2018-19.

We have fuck all in the way of flair and creativity.

He has made us into a team who it appears only has one way of winning games, by grinding out 1-0s and shutting up shop.

This is not a direction I am happy to see AFC take.

Del boy has to be taken to task over his utterly abysmal summer transfers.

We are fucking putrid to watch.

No amount of backs to the wall, scraped 1-0 wins over the pretendy Gers can make up for that.

Sums it up nicely for me.

We're playing dogshit just now.

He was 4 or 5 years younger

Players games change

"We need more"

Well, ignorant people on a football forum might but then they don't understand football

Some clown on here was saying we were playing a zero press at ibrox!

That goes back to my orginal point then. Do you think McInnes was correct to select a team to play at home against St Johnstone, which lined-up 4-5-1 where the lone striker was employed primarily as a defensive forward?

On May, yes players will change... At 26 Stevie should be just about hitting his prime. However, players can also suffer horrendous injury problems and have double knee reconstructions.

Do you think McInnes wanted to pay GBP 400,000, as well as budgeting a top wage, to sign an aggressive, explosive, dynamic goalscorer? Or do you think he was trying to sign a one-paced, pedestrian, but hardworking defensive forward, who doesn't score goals?

McInnes took a gamble on Stevie May and that gamble failed. MT, I know you'll fight your corner here, but you know yourself that I am correct here!

• Upvote 1

May doesn't help himself but he also needs help from McInnes, severe mismanagement from him throughout the team, so many square pegs for round holes across the pitch, the fact is we set up in the majority of our games with 6 defenders (sometimes more), some squeezed in to midfield and for the teams that have sussed us it's very easy for them to get the better of us, his record against lesser sides used to be fantastic with the odd blip however that's completely reversed now, regularly toiling against utter shite because they know exactly how he's going to set us up.  In games where we've actually played well it's because he's been forced in to a change or two, his recruitment has been abysmal actually worse than Calderwoods with more misses than hits, the team lacks creativity but what do you expect when you start games, especially at home with 3 attack minded players?

You're the one out your depth pal

May is clearly a defensive forward and if you watch him properly, does a good job of it

Forrester is top class but taking a while to settle then had a personal tragedy

Gleeson has been unfit and injured

Tansey is an alcoholic

Mcinnes has been extremely unlucky

Millertime.

You really do talk the most utter nonsense (I was going to be polite and say sometimes but actually it's all the time).

If I'm ever feeling down I just need to read your posts to cheer me up

Go and have a wee lie down in a darkened room!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're the one out your depth pal

May is clearly a defensive forward and if you watch him properly, does a good job of it

Forrester is top class but taking a while to settle then had a personal tragedy

Gleeson has been unfit and injured

Tansey is an alcoholic

Mcinnes has been extremely unlucky

Ha ha,

A defensive forward, WTF is that ?

• Upvote 1

We are shite.

Have been for a season and a half, despite last seasons league placing, which was more down to other teams being more shite than us.

Now those teams have improved and we are also a bit more shite this season, so are struggling more.

Shades of shite.

Why? McInnes has fucked up two consecutive summer transfer windows. He’s never going to be sacked, but by fuck would we benefit from a change!

• Upvote 2

The problem is Mcinnes more than anything. He pays too much attention to opposition and worrying about stopping them.

With the attacking players he focuses on what they cant do than what they can.

Aberdeen had G Stewart who may be the best striker in Scotland at moment... Mcinnes rarely played him there. At Celtic Christie is probably the best attacking player in Scotland at AM but Mcinnes played him on wing more often than not.

He wont buy a creative type AM or any striker that cant win headers. Will be same more of same if anyone brought in.

Just seen the highlights St johnstone should've had a penalty. Logan has become a liability, time to get some competition in for his position- he's had it too easy for too long.

His defending is fucking awful most weeks and he seems to have some air of arrogance that he is untouchable.

Sad days when Ricky Foster has been better than him this season.

Just seen the highlights St johnstone should've had a penalty. Logan has become a liability, time to get some competition in for his position- he's had it too easy for too long.

Another one past his sell buy date. Yet the kids, wifies and Foundry Reds love him as he stops for photos,signs autographs and post shit on social media.

Comes across more Charlie big time

We are shite.

Have been for a season and a half, despite last seasons league placing, which was more down to other teams being more shite than us.

Now those teams have improved and we are also a bit more shite this season, so are struggling more.

Shades of shite.

Why? McInnes has fucked up two consecutive summer transfer windows. He’s never going to be sacked, but by fuck would we benefit from a change!

Wish we could pay Sevco to take him now.

Not sure why people keep saying things like "mcinnes needs a big january transfer window" or even getting remotely excited about the January transfer window. When was the last time we have gone out in January and actually bought a player?? Never mind finding a player good enough for us or getting rid of players who are not good enough / are not contributing? Adam Rooney the only one. So strap in, as its going to be like this till the end of the season. 

We do all our business (if any) in the summer. Expect lowe to return to Derby and us to get 1 player in on loan to replace. Simple as that, so dont get excited. 

Here's our January business under Mcinnes...

2018 - IN Cosgrove (the project) Devlin (bought for this season)   Out - Craig Storie, Kenny Mclean (loaned back for remainder of season)

2017 - IN - nobody       OUT - Cammy smith 

2016 - IN - Aaron Lennox (3rd choice Keeper)  OUT - Paul Quinn 

2015 - IN - nobody   OUT - nobody

2014 - IN - Adam Rooney      OUT - Gregg Wylde  Chris Clark