Jit Celtic Game

f**ked over after 50 seconds by a truely awful referee who looked like had no intention of pulling out even a yellow before Kayal got in his face waving imaginary card.

Later shafted again by same ref when denied us a blatent penalty for handball. Ref complete joke throughout.

Good save from Langfield for pen and in first half we competed really well despite being a man down but just never got breaks. Still in game til midway through second half when we tired from amount of work we put in. Millsom and Maguire were excellent today and both put in some amount of work.

f**ked over after 50 seconds by a truely awful referee who looked like had no intention of pulling out even a yellow before Kayal got in his face waving imaginary card.

Later shafted again by same ref when denied us a blatent penalty for handball. Ref complete joke throughout.

Good save from Langfield for pen and in first half we competed really well despite being a man down but just never got breaks. Still in game til midway through second half when we tired from amount of work we put in. Millsom and Maguire were excellent today and both put in some amount of work.

Agree with all of that, spot on.

Here are my "Just In Thoughts"

image001.jpg

• We don't want a league with teams who argue that there is a vendetta against them from the nations football organisation despite always getting the decisions given their way.
  • We don't want a league where the sponsorship/tv revenue funds are distributed through the league unevenly, thus benefiting the "top 2".
  • We don't want a league where they issue new regulations yet don't observe them when there is clearly sectarian singing going on.
  • We don't want our league overrun by bigots.

Now call me a retarded, naive, delusional idiot. But I can't be doing with them anymore. I love watching Scottish football, but I am starting to stop taking it seriously anymore!

Its easy to blame the referee for getting beat but on this occasion the statement has never been truer. Despite being done over on more than one occasion we held our own for a lot of the first half and deserved a goal. Maguire critics will say he's too lightweight and pushed off the ball to easy which isn't worng,he really needs to work on that. Other parts of his game are improving,winning possession back,making the right pass but I suppose his confidence will be building. Smith had a very good game,looked very comfortable

I think the red card was justified, but I am certain it wouldn't have happened at the other end. It was a shocker from the referee all round something that has been evident against Celtic in each of the 3 games. They are a much better team player for player than us, they really don't need the referees to favour them as much as they do already. Case in point is when Hartley runs and collects a ball on the counter and gets caught late by a sliding tackle. Free-kick but nothing else. 5 minutes later Vernon does the same and it is a yellow. Hartley's booking is for throwing the ball away in exasperation, but Stokes gets a wee ticking off for kicking the ball away after an offside decision against him. Maguire's yellow was ridiculous as well, looked a perfect challenge from where I was.

Milsom is quality. I can't wait to see him getting a run of games where we aren't getting over-run as he has class and composure that is lacking in some of the midfielders we have had to play of late. Hope he can get signed up asap.

Maguire was great as well, never gave up despite it being a lost cause. Must have been knackered at the end, when he was on the receiving end of two chances. I was also impressed with Blackman till he fell out of the game later on. Vernon seemed lost out on the wing, didn't really get it as I thought the point was to get the ball out to him from defence, but they went direct to Maguire instead by in large.

McArdle was getting a ripping in the other thread, but I thought he did a hell of a lot better than his partner today, and got in some vital interceptions and challenges. Comparatively, Hooper had Diamond in his pocket yet again, and knocked him over a couple of times embarrassingly again. Smith looked decent at left back, but obviously lacking fitness.

Overall, they gave a good account of themselves today, better than on Saturday for sure. Seemed the adversity of the situation pushed them on a bit till they tired at the end. Hope the injuries to McNamee and Jack aren't serious, as I think they are going to be important players in the next few months and we need all the squad available we can with the fixture build up this month.

Maguire's yellow was ridiculous as well, looked a perfect challenge from where I was.

happened right in front of us, we actually thought the ref was blowing to give the foul against Celtic, Maguire did nothing wrong and never even touched him

I don't think I'll be able to speak tomorrow after shouting at the ref (and linesman) for that one

It seems now that every game against Timothy, the refs are over compensating and giving them evry decsion. At the semi on Sat, when a Timmy player put his hand up for a foul, the ref gave it but tonight was bar far and away one of the most inept displays of refereeing that I've seen in a game at Pittodrie, since Mike McMokery was the ref when we played Rangers and never gave the stonewall penalty and sending off when Ferguson brought Staavrum down in the box!

Stuck at Park rd for an age (wasnt walking the broadhill in the dark!)

Ref was in lennons pocket all night as K-9 says truely truely awful. what ever lennon said in the past this is the justification - this guy might as well have given lennon the whistle - to be honest it wouldnt have been any worse

3 comments about the "sending off"

1 fairly sure it started OUTSIDE the box

2 diamond could cover so not really a goal scoring opportunity

3 CONVINCED the ref initially pointed for a goal kick before changing his mind and giving a penalty

next in the cheating parade - mcnamee head knock ref stops play celtic dont return the ball

One point verno slid in commons dived to ground WITHOUT being touched and vernon gets a yellow, i could see clear air between the boots so could the liney but between them they book vernon literally for nothing

then constant yellow cards for fouls whilst no yellows for kick balls away similar fouls persistant fouling and on and on and on and on

How duid we do - very well - I was pleased with the effort and drive, arguably 1/2 time came at the wrong time for us we were pushing for a goal and needed a few more minutes to get it but it wouldnt come

No lack of effort from any player, BUT I said at 30 mins in we wer going to lose late goals at around 80 mins to go

The effort we were putting in with no opportunity to make subs and freshen it up meant that we would without tire as the game went on and tire we did legs were gone but the effort had been there if we can match taht effort for the final 10 games before the split we could be in a very good position

FInal word about the ref

Could someone answer a question for me did the ref get the word through from Lennon?

Read in the paper that 3 players were 1 card away from a suspension - that suspension would kick in in two weeks time which means they would miss the next OF game

the three players were kayal brown and stokes

Less than 3 minutes after the final one of those 3 is substituted Guess what the ref is now allowed to book celtic players

Conspiracies - NEVER

Maguire won the ball but followed through. Did catch him but I thought a free kick was harsh, never mind a yellow.

This is what I don't get. If you win the ball and follow through, it must be a fair challenge unless it is viewed as being a dangerous challenge, when therefore it would be deserving of a red. I don't see the middle ground where a ball can be won and a yellow card be given (high foot apart perhaps)...

Just in. One of the most biased refs I've ever seen. 12 versus 10 most of the match and even a neutral would agree. Thought Milsom was great and Bebo was always getting stuck in. Before the 2nd goal I thought we held on well and Langfield had a good game, though have to see the 2nd and 3rd goal as I didn't get a good view at who was at fault. One of our players blatantly brought down just outside the box, not even a free kick. That prick Stokes kicking the ball away from Langfield and not even a booking. Gives Celtic a wrong decision, Hartley rightly throws down the ball in anger and gets booked. Never had a chance of winning that. Countless times their handballs went unnoticed and arms all over our players too

Just in. One of the most biased refs I've ever seen. 12 versus 10 most of the match and even a neutral would agree. Thought Milsom was great and Bebo was always getting stuck in. Before the 2nd goal I thought we held on well and Langfield had a good game, though have to see the 2nd and 3rd goal as I didn't get a good view at who was at fault. One of our players blatantly brought down just outside the box, not even a free kick. That prick Stokes kicking the ball away from Langfield and not even a booking. Gives Celtic a wrong decision, Hartley rightly throws down the ball in anger and gets booked. Never had a chance of winning that.

Hartley was getting booked before the ball bounce.

IMO Langfield was poor and at fault for second and third goal.

Blackman went down under almost no contact.

I had the benefit of replays though.

Its easy to blame the referee for getting beat but on this occasion the statement has never been truer. Despite being done over on more than one occasion we held our own for a lot of the first half and deserved a goal. Maguire critics will say he's too lightweight and pushed off the ball to easy which isn't worng,he really needs to work on that. Other parts of his game are improving,winning possession back,making the right pass but I suppose his confidence will be building. Smith had a very good game,looked very comfortable

Agreed.

I really don't want to go into another Maguire debate but imo that's the most committed I've seen him play, don't know if it's cos of his call up or cos he didn't get a team in the window & had a televised game to try & get noticed again but what ever the reason I hope he keeps it up cos he fought for us the day & fought well.

In saying that though, after he'd gotten his booking, I was very worried that he was going to get sent off & would have taken him off instead of Blackman. that prick Scott Brown was doing his very best to play on his frustration & get him sent off.

Considine was stupid, feel hard done by though

Langfield made good saves in 1st half

Good argue play should of been stopped when Jack was down

Still pi*sed off by celtic playing on when it should of been a pass to dons for bounce ball

Could of had penalties hartley went nuts

Players kept fighting which was good

2nd goal was poor marking could argue langers should of came out to clear it

3rd langfield should'nt be beaten at his near post

3 comments about the "sending off"

1 fairly sure it started OUTSIDE the box

2 diamond could cover so not really a goal scoring opportunity

3 CONVINCED the ref initially pointed for a goal kick before changing his mind and giving a penalty

1 It was inside the box

2 If Brown wasn't held back initially Diamond would never have got across to cover

3 It didn't look like he pointed for a goal kick on the stream i was watching.

absolutly shockin performance by the referee, never a red card an lucky if it was even a penalty.

i think Milsom is a quality signing, looks very composed and rarely gives the ball away

impressed with Hartley enight, thought he showed alot o fight and put in a decent shift.

Saturday hartley's legs seemed nowhere, his drive and direction as captain were sadly lacking

tonight a different hartley was on the scene and had drive and determination and played a captains role.

Milsom without doubt we should be looking to extend, smith was good want to see more of him, blackman liked a lot first time Ive seen him

Here are my "Just In Thoughts"

image001.jpg

• We don't want a league with teams who argue that there is a vendetta against them from the nations football organisation despite always getting the decisions given their way.
  • We don't want a league where the sponsorship/tv revenue funds are distributed through the league unevenly, thus benefiting the "top 2".
  • We don't want a league where they issue new regulations yet don't observe them when there is clearly sectarian singing going on.
  • We don't want our league overrun by bigots.

Now call me a retarded, naive, delusional idiot. But I can't be doing with them anymore. I love watching Scottish football, but I am starting to stop taking it seriously anymore!

I'm with you man.

Seeing us play them 3 times so close together and with no games in between has completely crystalised how much of a farce these 2 clubs have made scottish football over the last few years. Manipulating and bullying the authorities and referees, engineering an uneven share of the income, buying up players from their rivals to rot in the reserves, completely commanding all the press tow the line with their agenda, covering up the scandalous disgusting behaviour of their fans. And all the time pointing the finger at everyone else, blame the SFA, call the other teams fans scum or morons, argue every decision against them even when clearly they are in the wrong. Cynical cynical fcks deserve nothing from this sport or the real football fans of this country.

1 It was inside the box

2 If Brown wasn't held back initially Diamond would never have got across to cover

3 It didn't look like he pointed for a goal kick on the stream i was watching.

seemed to satrt outside the box, the fact you say if he wasnt helfd back initially dimaond would never have got back - also seems to suggest it started earlier? not saying you're wrong but the ref obviously playing advantage and its were does the advantage start?

just thought considine was pulling early on, no doubt the final foul was inside but tugging going on early.

on the 3rd iot looked like he pointed for a goal kick to me - still convinced of it. mind you all bloddy night for even the simplest decison he was looking to the two linesmen before he would make up his mind.

As soon as Considine got sent off it was game over, penalty save or not.

Was it a penalty? Yes. Was it a red card? Well put it this way, there's no way in hell it would have happened at the other end, absolutely no way.

Like people have said, we competed well despite being a man down. But there was still some very poor defending, particularly from McArdle and Diamond. I remember one particular instance where Brown blasted a shot and Diamond headed away (with a little bit of help from his arm). Nobody thought to close him down, they just let him stand there and let fire.

Again, things just kept going wrong for us. The red card, the injuries etc. But there are positives to take from tonight...

> Steven Smith, for not having played a first team game since November, looked very capable. Looks like he genuinely can defend, positioning was spot on and has the ability to over-lap and really help out in attack.

> Robert Milsom just gets better and better. Great passer of the ball. Doesn't panic, just takes his time and knows where his team mates are. Remember in the second half he got the ball in the middle and picked out Steven Smith on the over-lap between two Celtic players. Haven't seen someone with the ability to that in our team for a while.

> Chris Maguire impressed me again too. Yes, on occasions his positioning and strength needs to be better, but his fight to get the ball back, close people down etc made up for that tonight. Glad we've got him for at least the rest of the season.

All in all, there is genuine quality in that Celtic side. I think they are a stick on for the league now, especially with Commons' arrival. Stokes and Hooper are a deadly strike force and Kayal is such a composed midfielder. Despite not having his best game tonight, I think Izaguirre is one of the best full backs the SPL has seen.

Let's get back to business on Sunday against Dunfermline.

Watched it on ESPN, penalty was justified, thereafter the red card decision was as near as dammit a 50/50, referee decided to give it.

No way a penalty to us, wasn't even a clear hand-ball (Celtic player fielded it with the top of his arm so could well have been his shoulder). And Hartley fouled him before he touched it anyway, so the defender could have started playing rugby with the damn thing, wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Maguire v lucky not to get sent off after a reckless high lunge with the studs showing. At first glance on the telly I was concerned; second time I saw it I was convinced he'd be off. Booking makes absolutely no sense in that situation, he either won the ball in which case it wasn't even a free kick, or it was dangerous play and a straight red.

All of the big decisions (sadly) were probably correct, but as I've said elsewhere I strongly doubt that they would have been given in our favour if the incidents had been reversed. Lennon's rants clearly HAVE had an effect.

I'm with you man.

Seeing us play them 3 times so close together and with no games in between has completely crystalised how much of a farce these 2 clubs have made scottish football over the last few years. Manipulating and bullying the authorities and referees, engineering an uneven share of the income, buying up players from their rivals to rot in the reserves, completely commanding all the press tow the line with their agenda, covering up the scandalous disgusting behaviour of their fans. And all the time pointing the finger at everyone else, blame the SFA, call the other teams fans scum or morons, argue every decision against them even when clearly they are in the wrong. Cynical cynical fcks deserve nothing from this sport or the real football fans of this country.

not sure why the "playing 3 times" comes into anything

first match was a league match on the correct date

second match was a cup game on the correct date

third match was a rearranged fixture on a suitable date

sometimes that the way the cookie crumbles - given a different cup draw we could have played them on Sunday as well!

rest of it :applause:

The Tims really are a disgusting club. Their fans are scum who get away with all the typical Sectarian sh*te as there fellow rival scum do, there players should be ashamed at their part in the red card, especially Scott Brown (f**king prick). Why did Brown and Hooper not get booked for enciting the crowd at the goal?

Ref was utter shocking tonight, practically had his tongue up Lennon's ringpiece. The slightest fart in the direction of a Tim results in a free-kick. Couldn't believe Murdo McLeod on the radio after the game praising Celtic and saying they will give lots of teams games, well that's great. Aye Murdo you thick c**t the Dons were down to 10 men for 89 minutes. f**king prat!!!!!

The team battled hard and it was a ridiculously tough task to get anything after that early decision but they tried their best and in the end the incompetent ref made it easy. I'll have to see the incident again but at the time i felt that it maybe was a penalty but certainly not a red card offence. Brown did seem to go down very easily too.

Overall i'm pissed off cause the game was over after 1st minute and i did think we could have given them a game before kick-off. Glad the games against this lot are over for a while though.

not sure why the "playing 3 times" comes into anything

first match was a league match on the correct date

second match was a cup game on the correct date

third match was a rearranged fixture on a suitable date

sometimes that the way the cookie crumbles - given a different cup draw we could have played them on Sunday as well!

rest of it :applause:

It just concentrated and distilled down what all Scottish teams face against the old firm. Thats all. Not saying anything about the schedule or timing itself just the impact playing this particular bunch of cheats has had on me in the last few days. Usually you have the distraction of trying to beat someone else in between.