Anyone Else Worried About These Words?.....

A direct quote from Craig Brown....

""There will be a couple of players joining us pre-season and we want to bring in at least one more."

Is anyone else of the opinion that we will be struggling big time next season if indeed we do only bring in so little players?

Including loanees we've lost;

Howard (Langfield may not be fit for the start of the season?)

Diamond, McNamee, Smith, Vujadinovic

Young, (probably Aluko)

Maguire, Blackman

I make that 10 players including Langfield.

You do the maths.

Even if we get "the couple of players pre=season and at least one more", along with Mawene, thats only 4 players coming in?

No doubt, the usual cliche will be trotted out by Willie Miller about players like Mackie being a "new signing"!

Surely we need more than 4?

I reckon we need;

1 Goalkeeper

1 left back

If Foster doesnt come back, a right back

1 central midfielder

2 wide midfielders

1 striker to replace Maguire

That's 7 players I reckon we need.

If we only sign 4, then the squad will not be nearly big enough.

Thoughts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you add Ifil & Wright that makes 12

This exactly what I'm afraid of, already looks as though the squad is going to be diluted yet again!

Same bullshit every season!

Do we honestly think that we won't have more injuries next season?

If only 4 players come in and we get hit by a few injuries, were f**ked!

If you add Ifil & Wright that makes 12

This exactly what I'm afraid of, already looks as though the squad is going to be diluted yet again!

Same bullshit every season!

Do we honestly think that we won't have more injuries next season?

If only 4 players come in and we get hit by a few injuries, were f**ked!

2 in already - Brown has made a good start to rebuilding. With the injured players coming back and a few more new lads Brown will have us in good shape.

Hold your nerve lads!

Got to trust Brown to a certain extent, he obviously (or should) know what he is doing, what he says to the media is often not what managers are truly thinking, If he keeps it low key, and does not open his trap-jaw like previous managers, we may just get some decent (yet unknown) players coming in before transfer window closes, as being realistic, thats when most of our action will take place, as most out of contract players will be keeping there options open at this point of time.

I haven't missed the point.

McGhee used to give away his interests and how many players he's interested in. Brown is different.

See come the start of the season, it'll all make sense.

I answered no.

Hope so Roberto, hope so.

Time will tell.

I get the feeling it wil be around 4 - all this cliched stuff about players coming back from injuries as "new signings" is already being trotted out.

Got to trust Brown to a certain extent, he obviously (or should) know what he is doing, what he says to the media is often not what managers are truly thinking, If he keeps it low key, and does not open his trap-jaw like previous managers, we may just get some decent (yet unknown) players coming in before transfer window closes, as being realistic, thats when most of our action will take place, as most out of contract players will be keeping there options open at this point of time.

With the season starting in July 23 we could potentially have played 6 games before the transfer window slams shut, I'd hope we'd have most of our business done long before the 31 August.

I haven't missed the point.

McGhee used to give away his interests and how many players he's interested in. Brown is different.

See come the start of the season, it'll all make sense.

I answered no.

Wasnt just McGhee that used to do this, infuriates me when it happens

As a club that has set it self up for youth it seems absolutely pointless to me that if we let 10 players go we bring in 10 players from the outside!

4 brand spanking new players 3 or 4 promotions from within 3 or 4 players that are new to Brown seems quite decent.

Hate this we have let 10 go we need to bring in 10 NO WE DONT we need to bring in a few experienced heads and promote youths

Oh and of the 10 you mention

2 you arent sure we wont have available (and stop scaremongering over Jamie there is no reason to think he wont be fit enough imo and I am speaking from experience)

4 are loan players (or 6 monthers)

2 were squad players

so thats 2 players we are losing from OUR first team squad for sure and of those two there is hardly a complaint

i think we all as fans need to stop analysing every little thing Brown says.

Give the guy a break. Wait until pre-season is here, wait until we are actually active in the transfer market.

He may be saying that because he is working on a very, very tight budget. However if we get the money from Aluko and Maguire, things will be different.

Or, it could be a throw away comment. None of us know.

Instead of starting to doubt him, try giving him your backing instead :thumbup1:

Erm, doesn't he mean he's arranged a couple of trialists to come on the pre-season tour and perhaps looking for at least one more to come along to the same tour?

Maybe just me.

Nae just you. That's what I read it as.

2 definitely coming on the tour with another maybe coming on same tour.

The words that bothered me were "we already have a team capable of top six"

Okay, well, we don't... And two seasons spent in the lower reaches, playing the worst football I've seen from any Aberdeen team demonstrates that we don't.

Aside from the obvious, and demonstrable, untruth of this statement... So f**king what?

Is saying, 'we could gain the dizzy heights of sixth place' supposed to be taken as anything than an admission of the abject failure of Aberdeen Football Club?

But this is the goal, this is what passes for ambition at AFC. Not trophies, not titles, not Europe, not entertainment or attractive football... Just mediocrity. That's what we're shooting for, that's our big f**king prize... That's what they have the brass f**king balls to present as the game plan.

"Hey, kids! This club can really get it's sh*t together, and with a lot of hard work we can get you that coveted Middle-of-the-table spot that surely every man of you dreams about."

Well , you'll have excuse me for pointing out that even aside from "We have a team capable of top six" being a complete crock of sh*t, even if it weren't, I fail to share your excitement at the prospect.

Anyone Else Worried About These Words?....

Not me.

Yes, but you are the eternal optimist who obviously has no issues whatsoever with regard to our level of shitiness in recent decades.

Get off the manager's back...

Get off the Board's back....

Get off the player's backs....

It's a nice and noble attitude to have, but ultimately, we are so far behind in terms of credibility, that someone, somewhere, has to take responsibility for our demise.

Old and worn out statement to make I understand, but the failure to build a strong, credible, proud club over the last 20 odd years, has mostly been a failure on behalf of Stuart Milne. To see him in the media this week, trying to coheres and preach about the future of the SPL, when he has been an utter failure as a Chairman of one of it's largest clubs, is laughable at best.

Yes, but you are the eternal optimist who obviously has no issues whatsoever with regard to our level of shitiness in recent decades.

Get off the manager's back...

Get off the Board's back....

Get off the player's backs....

It's a nice and noble attitude to have, but ultimately, we are so far behind in terms of credibility, that someone, somewhere, has to take responsibility for our demise.

Old and worn out statement to make I understand, but the failure to build a strong, credible, proud club over the last 20 odd years, has mostly been a failure on behalf of Stuart Milne. To see him in the media this week, trying to coheres and preach about the future of the SPL, when he has been an utter failure as a Chairman of one of it's largest clubs, is laughable at best.

Your'e no happy then.

Your'e no happy then.

With no cup success in 15 odd years, pitiful displays on the park and a crippling debt? Err...... nope.

You?

We're not Morton or Partick Thistle.

Our success shouldn't be considered in terms of escaping relegation or reaching a semi-final only to be repeatedly put out on our arse by lower league sides.

Being reduced from third biggest to fifth biggest is a failure.

Winning nothing in 16 years, that's a failure.

No finals in a decade, that's a failure.

Being in debt to the point where said debt is barely serviceable, if serviceable at all, is a failure.

Finishing in the bottom half of the table for a club like Aberdeen, that's another failure.

Losing our only significant asset, the stadium we own, that's a failure. That's a f**king MASSIVE failure.

Alienating the fans, failure.

Pissing away millions on failed managerial appointments, failure.

Record league defeat, failure.

Record European defeat, failure.

Lack of youth players coming through, failure.

Inability to develop players, failure.

Crowds declining to four figures, that's a failure.

Routine cup exits to lower league sides, failure.

Inability to garner significant investment, failure.

Pissing away of share issue money, failure.

Giving blank chequebooks to untried managers, failure.

Overspending, failure.

Allowing a manager to have a second job, failure.

Signing a manager with known drink issues, failure.

Sticking a manager in the boot of a car and driving him out of Pittodrie, absolute failure and makes the club a joke.

Players who don't want to play for Aberdeen, yet being being retained by the club, failure.

Repeated inability to get a team prepared for the new season, failure.

Refusal to fill essential positions, or buy players, for absolutely minimal investment, failure.

Aberdeen, under Stewart Milne, has gone from a tightly run, ambitious, forward-thinking, successful, exciting club, to a club that is defined by 100% lack of success, near insolvency, repeated threat of relegation, massively reduced crowds, massively reduced quality of playing staff, and the laughing stock of the SPL.... which in a league that has Heart of Midlothian in it is just f**king incomprehensible.

There isn't a word in the English language that can describe the level of abject failure Stewart Milne has brought to Aberdeen Football club.

Anyone who's happy or optimistic about Aberdeen's future under its current Chairman can't have been paying attention since the turn of the Millennium.

Anyone who's happy or optimistic about Aberdeen's future under it's current Chairman can't have been paying attention since the turn of the Millennium.

Or hasn't known any better, in my lifetime/memory I've seen Boro win more trophies than Aberdeen. Although they have won an impressive haul of 1.

Success - Back with Addidas

Success - Investing more in youth than ever before (takes time)

Success - Vernon (a goalscorer)

Success - Bringing back Leighton (good for PR)

Success - Diamond & Young gone

Success - Plans under way to build a new state of the art stadium & training facilities (will enhance the youth policy)

Success - Getting Brown & Knox, a former u21 & international manager

I get what mean Kelt, there's been decades of total failure, however I feel we're slowly turning the corner, very slowly, we're putting things in place now that should have been done 10yrs ago, but at least we're trying. I'm fed up with a 2nd rate Aberdeen. I remember going to School and winding up my mates during the Fergie years, it was amazing, we done everyone over from the old firm to Real Madrid. Such a pity we did not have the foresight to build on that success, had we done so we'd be a top 3 team every year and winning cups.