Aberdeen 0 - 4 Celtic

Worst thing we've done is give Joe the captaincy as much as I like him.

Needs to be a gobshite outfield player...Bryson me thinks.

Not having an armband to wear stop him from stamping his authority on the team/game? Boy behind me kept going on and on about taking the armband off Lewis and giving it to Bryson. This is the cunt that’s hardly played all season like.

• Upvote 1

Not having an armband to wear stop him from stamping his authority on the team/game? Boy behind me kept going on and on about taking the armband off Lewis and giving it to Bryson. This is the cunt that’s hardly played all season like.

I've nothing against Lewis being captain, however we need someone in the middle of the park as well who is going to stick up for the players, get in the refs face and "stamp his authority" on the game. You can't do that as a goalie. We miss Shinnie badly for that. We've nobody that's leading by example in the middle of the park, we've a team of cowards. 

I've nothing against Lewis being captain, however we need someone in the middle of the park as well who is going to stick up for the players, get in the refs face and "stamp his authority" on the game. You can't do that as a goalie. We miss Shinnie badly for that. We've nobody that's leading by example in the middle of the park, we've a team of cowards.

That’s my point though. You don’t need an armband to act like that. It’s not that the armband is on the keeper. It’s that there’s no one else in the team who has that attitude or skill set.

Most of the senior outfield players struggle to get a regular game in the team let alone be captain. Not many of them have the personality for the job either.

Logan, injury prone and struggling for form. Feisty character but not a leader of men

Consi, club stalwart but a generally quiet guy. Never sure if he's first choice in any position but racks up the games due to his reliability

Devlin, injury prone, strange fluctuations in form from one week to the next.

Bryson, not been fit. Hasn't shown an influence, at least yet.

Taylor, never fit. Doesn't seem like the type you'd want as captain, though does he.

Gleeson, enough said.

McGinn, probably the most passive player you could find.

The senior outfield players lack leadership qualities. It's a problem.

Most of the senior outfield players struggle to get a regular game in the team let alone be captain. Not many of them have the personality for the job either.

Logan, injury prone and struggling for form. Feisty character but not a leader of men

Consi, club stalwart but a generally quiet guy. Never sure if he's first choice in any position but racks up the games due to his reliability

Taylor, never fit. Doesn't seem like the type you'd want as captain, though does he.

Gleeson, enough said.

On the contrary, Taylor is a big cunt who doesn't shirk from getting involved when the handbags come out. Of all our players he's the one with the physical presence and "I'll havver ye" attitude that I'd look for in a captain.

On the negative side, he's an abysmal footballer. 

I was all for handing Logan the captaincy in the summer. Despite being off form for over a season, I thought he would thrive on the extra responsibility. Now I'm glad he was overlooked as he looks finished as a player at the top level.

I've no doubt Joe got handed the job as part of the package to persuade him to sign the contract extension. Sorry but he has been disastrous at it. It needs to go to an outfield player asap. McKenna would, as an automatic Scotland first pick, have been the obvious candidate. But he doesn't want to be within 300 miles of Aberdeen. That's him out. Devlin...previous captain at his old club? Nope he's out injured as often as he is fit. And his form is as erratic as Logan's was last year. Bryson? Would have been my choice in pre-season but again seems to be made of glass......and when he has been fit to play has shown nothing as yet to say that the extra responsibility would be anything other than a distraction in his quest to find some form.

That leaves Consi and McGinn. Consi it is then......restore him to centre half, and give him the job as club captain till season's end. If Devlin finds form in the interim....fine stick him in instead of Consi and let him be captain of the side whist Consi is on the bench. If not.....then identify a credible candidate from elsewhere and move heaven and earth to get him onboard in the summer.

But fgs end the Lewis experiment immediately

So are we now saying it’s not McInnes & his shite team/tactics that is making us shit. It’s actually because our captain is in goal & isn’t close enough to the ref ask him how the other team hasn’t had a booking yet?

Yeah that’s right. I remember Bayern Munich having similar problems with Oliver Khan. Poor cunt was knackered after chasing the ref all over the pitch. Just as well he was so great that he could still pull off great saves even when knackered from chasing the ref.

Gleeson, enough said.

Logan is injury prone?

So are we now saying it’s not McInnes & his shite team/tactics that is making us shit. It’s actually because our captain is in goal & isn’t close enough to the ref ask him how the other team hasn’t had a booking yet?

Yeah that’s right. I remember Bayern Munich having similar problems with Oliver Khan. Poor cunt was knackered after chasing the ref all over the pitch. Just as well he was so great that he could still pull off great saves even when knackered from chasing the ref.

Oliver Khan was hardly a shrinking violet, scared to let his teammates know when they were in the wrong.

Fool.

On the contrary, Taylor is a big cunt who doesn't shirk from getting involved when the handbags come out. Of all our players he's the one with the physical presence and "I'll havver ye" attitude that I'd look for in a captain.

On the negative side, he's an abysmal footballer.

I'm not a fan of him but Taylor wasn't near as bad for us as some fans would have us believe. Our defence with him and O'connor at centre half looked more solid than it does currently. A scary thought, I know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not a fan of him but Taylor wasn't near as bad for us as some fans would have us believe. Our defence with him and O'connor at centre half looked more solid than it does currently. A scary thought, I know.

No he was actually a whole fkn lot worse than some fans would have us believe.

maybe you should stick to speaking about midfielders or goalkeepers because you are the biggest clueless fkr on here when it comes to strikers & defenders it seems. Just giving benefit of doubt that you can be as bad when it comes to opinions of midfielders/goalkeepers as I cannot remember any of your ridiculous opinions on them like I can strikers & defenders.

Had the same flaw as Langfield. Decent on his day, secured several points along the way but there was always a mistake lurking just under the surface Just when you least needed it.

• Upvote 1