League Cup 2019/20

Yeah 8 defeats out of 10. The other two were draws. Ross County at home who blew us off the park and deserved to win, and a 1-1 draw at Easter Road where Uche scored with 6 mins left.

I'm now in that horrible position you may or may not have felt at Aberdeen before, where you're hoping for losses to force change.

There's a lot of similarities in the way McInnes and Levein like to play football.  Levein has just adopted a more brutish approach.  Also uses a selection/signing tombola too much whereas McInnes likes to play the same eleven every week.

I've only felt that way once, even through the reigns of Alex Miller, Aitken, Pele etc.  Right at the very end of the McGhee reign after we dropped the  "its only three points" against Celtic. 

• 4 weeks later...

So having predicted both the draw and the dates is anyone surprised to hear that the Glasgow team get the north stand (acknowledged by most as the only decent viewing platform) both days yet oddly the first day the Glasgow side get the stand to the west and yet the next day the Glasgow side get the stand to the left?

No. Of course not.

Huns are in the Aberdeen end.

• 1 month later...

To be fair obviously I’d want it to be us and be there, but if not be better watching the buckfast fuelled mayhem violence of the two rather than Celtic pumping someone 5-0 and a non event.

So you were happy with a huns win today? They're 1 step closer to silverware now. Disappointed with you, buying into all this 'boxoffice' bullshit.

McFadden just claimed on Sportscene 'we've got the final all Scottish football fans wanted to see'.

Inevitably shite attitude from people working in the media though.

It's simply not the case but they repeat stuff like this over and over and convince themselves it's true.

Exactly why so many of us want them both to utterly fail in everything they do.

The obsession with these 2 clubs is killing our game.

For clarity I don’t want either of them to be in the final clearly but the fact is it is they are and a bitter game with hopefully career ending injuries for Jack and Brown is more entertaining than a procession of Celtic pumping someone. Although to be fair I never thought about the extra cash for the Huns.

Hopefully a terrorist attack.

For clarity I don’t want either of them to be in the final clearly but the fact is it is they are and a bitter game with hopefully career ending injuries for Jack and Brown is more entertaining than a procession of Celtic pumping someone. Although to be fair I never thought about the extra cash for the Huns.

Hopefully a terrorist attack.

Neutron bomb detonated in the centre circle at kick off time would be tip top.

1000m blast radius to pick off the latecomers and stragglers from the pub.

I think what the League Cup semis and our recent showings against the ugly sisters show is that they are both currently light years ahead of the rest of the teams in the league when it comes to quality on the park and strength of squad. Both could field reserve teams that are easily capable of beating any other Scottish clubs first choice XI.

I think what the League Cup semis and our recent showings against the ugly sisters show is that they are both currently light years ahead of the rest of the teams in the league when it comes to quality on the park and strength of squad. Both could field reserve teams that are easily capable of beating any other Scottish clubs first choice XI.

Both play with a swagger and arrogance that we can only dream of, particularly under current Management.  

Both play with a swagger and arrogance that we can only dream of, particularly under current Management.

Yip unfortunately you're 100% right. There's no "game management" with those two not in this league anyway. If they score one or two their only thought is keep attacking to score as many as they can. The advantages they have domestically allow them to do that. In europe it's a different story.

Guest the shepherd

McFadden just claimed on Sportscene 'we've got the final all Scottish football fans wanted to see'.

Did he ask all fans individually before appearing on Sportscene last night?

Even if he travelled at the speed of light across Scotland from Stranraer to Unst, and from Rockall to Kelso, he would not have been able to ask everyone to get their views on the final by the time the cameras started rolling last night.

He knows Rockall.

They've feyenoord away, hearts home, then us away, league cup final, 10 day period.

Just think a midweek at Pittodrie, rowdy atmosphere, it's in December so it'll be freezing, windy and pouring rain...

Our players will shite their pants - ooh its bad weather... and derek says if sevco play to their best they'll beat us

• Upvote 2