Agreed. I don't think it's him being a cheating cunt that's the issue but more that he just isn't very fucking good at being a referee. That shot by Shinnie in the first 5 minutes couldn't have been a more obvious save if the keeper had held it then threw it out of touch.

Incompetent arsehole.

100%

Like you said. He's not a cheat.

He's just really, really bad at his job.

Can the ICT player be retrospectively penalised for diving?

I would say yes on past performance BUT this new compliance officer seems to have realised that things were getting silly at one point with an almost constant stream of players being bought up for quite silly things culminating with the stupid decision by the compliance officer to cite Meekings for handball.

Seems the SFA realised what a can of worms they were opening and have stopped citing players every single week

If Johnansson isn't going to have punishment for 2 clear kicks on a Ross County player in the LCSF then it aint happening

I'm looking forward to him being handed a rangers v Celtic match, he will cause a fucking riot. It's a shame that that's the only way he will be taken to task though.

Fuck me that's embarrassing... But anyway, he's already been there and done it, and received death threats for the pleasure. Also prompted a referee strike.

Following the SPL Old Firm game of 24 October, Celtic twice wrote to the SFA to question the decisions made by referee William Collum, who also received death threats. Denying he was stoking up tension around refereeing decisions, Neil Lennon condemned the threats.

Full wiki article here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_referee_strike

Michael Stewart just been on Radio Scotland essentially saying that Collum is out of his depth and shouldn't be allowed to referee big matches.

Not allowing him near big matches just makes the lower leagues suffer him.

He should be banned from football for impersonating a referee.

I strongly suspect the Strathclyde Football Association will find some means of ensuring that Collum never gets to referee a Celtic-Sevco match.

As for last night, the one controversial decision which I don't really have an issue with is the one penalty he actually gave. From his angle it probably did look like Taylor clipped the ICT player who milked it for all he was worth. I have to admit that my immediate reaction when watching on telly was 'penalty', it was only with a couple of replays from different angles that it became clear Taylor hadn't touched the boy. However if that's a pen then our two at the other end most certainly are too.

Alan Muir for Thistle game on Friday. He is not too bad in my opinion

Raith V Livi are the unlucky folk this weekend with thon imposter

isn't alan muir the gadgy who had a dodgy hamstring at half time two or three seasons ago when he had a total nightmare of a first half (think it was against caley at home)

Yet he is regarded as the best in the country... Madness!

Yeah, and Michael Stewart also echoed your sentiments. He was asking the question as to who makes the decisions to give Collum big games and put him forward for the Euros.

The presenter said that Collum is obviously highly regarded and Stewart responded by basically saying that everyone he knows in football thinks he's shit.

Yeah, and Michael Stewart also echoed your sentiments. He was asking the question as to who makes the decisions to give Collum big games and put him forward for the Euros.

The presenter said that Collum is obviously highly regarded and Stewart responded by basically saying that everyone he knows in football thinks he's shit.

One of my good friends is a fellow ref and claims he's brilliant. He has said on numerous occasions that during lectures or classes, its always Collums clips they use as an example on how to 'be a ref' or w/e they do.

Few other posters on here know him...

Crazy!

Guest the shepherd

Alan Muir for Thistle game on Friday. He is not too bad in my opinion

Raith V Livi are the unlucky folk this weekend with thon imposter

Alan Muir was the boy who refereed the 9-0 game against Celtic and pretty sure he wiz the ref who could not wait till get his red card oot for Andrew Considine in the first minute of the 3-0 defeat to Celtic at Pittidrie the same season when that rat Brown celebrated in front of the RDS as though he had won the World Cup when the red card came out.

Fuck me we are in for a treat again in Friday then.

One of my good friends is a fellow ref and claims he's brilliant. He has said on numerous occasions that during lectures or classes, its always Collums clips they use as an example on how to 'be a ref' or w/e they do.

Crazy!

The problem is they could show the refs Collum making the decision to award Caley's 3rd goal and he would look brilliant, if they neglected to show them the 3 penalty decisions.

It's like a youtube reel of some player scoring a heap of screamers. The player looks brilliant, but in reality the only thing you can glean from that is that the player scores a screamer once in a while, but he might shite.

I strongly suspect the Strathclyde Football Association will find some means of ensuring that Collum never gets to referee a Celtic-Sevco match.

As for last night, the one controversial decision which I don't really have an issue with is the one penalty he actually gave. From his angle it probably did look like Taylor clipped the ICT player who milked it for all he was worth. I have to admit that my immediate reaction when watching on telly was 'penalty', it was only with a couple of replays from different angles that it became clear Taylor hadn't touched the boy. However if that's a pen then our two at the other end most certainly are too.

What two? Its just according to the BBC there were no other incidents. Nothing to see here. Job done. Move along.

For those criticising Taylors lack of reaction at the penalty according to Deke, Ash felt that following the booking (also not shown by the BBC, nor Draper's thuggery for that matter) that ash was scared to say anything with the cheating little fanny pad desperate to send the big guy off.

What two? Its just according to the BBC there were no other incidents. Nothing to see here. Job done. Move along.

For those criticising Taylors lack of reaction at the penalty according to Deke, Ash felt that following the booking (also not shown by the BBC, nor Draper's thuggery for that matter) that ash was scared to say anything with the cheating little fanny pad desperate to send the big guy off.

Yeah, folk can say he wasn't appealing or whatever but he had a clear look of confusion on his face.

Crazy!

Jesus christ, I meant to ask him the other week about Collum, was telling me some interesting things, like that say for example, a penalty can be given yet the if the player that was fouled made the most of it he can still be booked, look forward to the day that happens in a big game.

Aberdeen are entitled to make an official complaint about the referee. I wonder if they will.

Not sure it makes a huge difference as the SFA like to back their guys no matter what, but I remember them making an official complaint about Mike McCurry after the infamous Ricksen Kung-fu kick game, a match which Barry Ferguson should also have been sent off in.

I'm looking forward to him being handed a rangers v Celtic match, he will cause a fucking riot. It's a shame that that's the only way he will be taken to task though.

He has refereed a Celtic/Rangers game already. He gave Rangers a penalty then admitted afterwards he didn't even see it (to pictures showed him looking the other way) but turned and saw the player on the floor and gave it.

Since then Celtic fans have been convinced he's biased against them. I think he's been desperately trying to do then favours to make up for it since then.

Guest the shepherd

Just a thought but if footballers can be fined and docked wages retrospectively for an incident that has taken place but was not picked up by the match referee, why cannot the likes of Willie Collum be docked wages when his performance and match report have been appraised? Fair's fair and is one way to eradicating this blatant incomptency once and for all. Referees get paid far more than their true worth at the top level regardless.

We've won 1 out 5 games he's refereed us in. Not saying it's a conspiracy though because he's just pish all round.

Compare that to how much games we've lost in that period. I used to think it was just ineptitude with him, but it's clearly not. Staggering he'll be able to remain a referee, his license should be removed and he should be sacked on the spot. Anyone else performing that badly in a job would be dismissed.