Aberdeen 2 - 1 St Mirren

And forward passing midfielders are hardly McInnes’ forte. Fuck me he managed to turn Kenny McLean into Rat mk2

We’re crying out for two things.

1) a Christie/Maddison type no10

2) a ball carrying winger with pace, similar to what Hayes used to do for us. He was great at picking the ball up in our half & taking the ball 50 yards up the pitch.

Haven’t had that since he left.

That’s harsh.

Far from the worst.

A defence that couldn’t win a header from a set piece in the first half.

St Mirren could’ve scored 3 from set pieces alone in the first half.

Jon Gallagher was dreadful too.

His first two performance which were good were clearly down to two things,

The level of the opposition - Dumbarton standard.

And the fact he’d just come off an American season and the rest were still to catch up with fitness.

The team in general looks as though it plays with a handbrake on.

And there’s one man that’s responsible for that.

Kinda agree as a season ticket holder, who takes in the odd away game.

My opinion on the team at present is that it is not balanced and lacks proper leadership on the park.

If Bryson was fit that would help. Most recent performance at Dingwall was decent but today's performance was quite a few steps back.

Thank feck Huns have a final next Sunday, which may hold them back a bit, otherwise I fear for us on Wednesday if we perform as poorly as today.

Kinda agree as a season ticket holder, who takes in the odd away game.

My opinion on the team at present is that it is not balanced and lacks proper leadership on the park.

If Bryson was fit that would help. Most recent performance at Dingwall was decent but today's performance was quite a few steps back.

Thank feck Huns have a final next Sunday, which may hold them back a bit, otherwise I fear for us on Wednesday if we perform as poorly as today.

They’ll get 3-0 up within the hour then start to ease off.

Taking players off

• Downvote 1

That boy is some keeper.

A touch surprised he wasn't sent off given the fact that the hun are our next opponents.

Most refs faces would have been lighting up at that incident.

Goodwin said by rules he should have been off but I thought the rules changed & if ref gives a penalty & he can then only book him?

Can’t send off & give penalty unless it’s serious foul play or something along those lines?

Did we not suffer similar in Europa when Rooney missed his first penalty in forever?

Ref still should have allowed advantage in that one. It was a fkn goal.

Guest the shepherd

Goodwin said by rules he should have been off but I thought the rules changed & if ref gives a penalty & he can then only book him?

Can’t send off & give penalty unless it’s serious foul play or something along those lines?

Did we not suffer similar in Europa when Rooney missed his first penalty in forever?

Ref still should have allowed advantage in that one. It was a fkn goal.

Both similar incidents in terms of fouls occurring but not in terms of defensive positions.

The only way Joe Lewis could've been sent off if he was last man but he wasn't so the yellow card was correctly given.

The boy Handanovic of Maribor was undeniably last man, therefore he should have been sent off, regardless of Niall McGinn scoring after the foul had taken place and a penalty being awarded. The ref Popov was worse than Mike McCurry, that's some achievement.

Both similar incidents in terms of fouls occurring but not in terms of defensive positions.

The only way Joe Lewis could've been sent off if he was last man but he wasn't so the yellow card was correctly given.

The boy Handanovic of Maribor was undeniably last man, therefore he should have been sent off, regardless of Niall McGinn scoring after the foul had taken place and a penalty being awarded. The ref Popov was worse than Mike McCurry, that's some achievement.

I was under the impression that the new rules are now based on whether or not the player makes a genuine attempt to win the ball or is deliberately fouling.

If the ref deems it to be deliberate then it is a red.

If deemed not to be deliberate it is a yellow.

I was under the impression that the new rules are now based on whether or not the player makes a genuine attempt to win the ball or is deliberately fouling.

If the ref deems it to be deliberate then it is a red.

If deemed not to be deliberate it is a yellow.

I think that’s right, the laws were deemed excessive and they changed it to yellow instead of red unless in certain circumstances I.e. you deliberately foul someone.
  • Downvote 1

“Last man” is not and has never been a law
  • Downvote 1