Aberdeen 2 - 1 St Mirren

The thing about genuine attempt to win the ball is weird as well because surely all you do is try and make it look good. Instead of just taking out someone's legs, you take them out why making a half hearted stretch towards the ball. Well, anyway I don't know if that makes sense but I guess my main point is its possible to disguise a cynical attempt to take out a player as an attempt to win the ball.

Correct. Boils my pee-pee the amount of so called expert analysts that still trot this out. Also the amount that are still unaware (Jm Goodwin) that you no longer suffer the double punishment of having the keeper sent off as well as a penalty. 

Dicks the lot of them.

Dicks.

The player can still get sent off if he's not made a genuine attempt at the ball, which Lewis didn't. Denying a goal scoring opportunity without making an attempt at the ball is still a red

Lewis was nowhere near the ball (from memory, I've not seen it again) so should have been sent off 

Guest the shepherd

“Last man” is not and has never been a law

Granted it's never been a law. However, it has neen used as an interpretational tool in times of when assessing an infringement , thereafter deciding to apportion a punishment such as a yellow or red card, or in some cases nothing at all, and whether or not a free-kick or penalty is to be awarded.

Granted it's never been a law. However, it has neen used as an interpretational tool in times of when assessing an infringement , thereafter deciding to apportion a punishment such as a yellow or red card, or in some cases nothing at all, and whether or not a free-kick or penalty is to be awarded.

Maybe in your head it is. It’s not a “tool” either. It’s “denying a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity”. You can be the “last man” and still get a yellow for fouling your opponent.
Guest the shepherd

Maybe in your head it is. It’s not a “tool” either. It’s “denying a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity”. You can be the “last man” and still get a yellow for fouling your opponent.

It is a tool, but that's your interpretation

Reading this , it looks like Joe should have been sent off as well.     :hysterical:

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.[/size]

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

He never payed a hand on him though.

I thought Campbell was rubbish today, full of sideways and backwards passing. Maybe 6 months in America would bring him on. I’m not really sure what type of player he is, strengths etc.

Wasn't at the game yesterday, but I think the problem for Campbell is that every time he plays these days it's due to a midfield personnel crisis. 

He always comes in when we are short and the burden falls on him to be a creative force because we as fans have built up such great expectations of him due to the fact he's a local loon and his old man posts on here.

I think Campbell would benefit from playing when all our midfielders are fit. But if that were the case then he'll not get a look in under McInnes.

He's hung out to dry by a manager who we all know doesn't trust or want to trust youth (Ferguson excepted) unless his hand is forced due to people leaving and budget not allowing him to get more experienced players in.

Wasn't at the game yesterday, but I think the problem for Campbell is that every time he plays these days it's due to a midfield personnel crisis.

He always comes in when we are short and the burden falls on him to be a creative force because we as fans have built up such great expectations of him due to the fact he's a local loon and his old man posts on here.

I think Campbell would benefit from playing when all our midfielders are fit. But if that were the case then he'll not get a look in under McInnes.

He's hung out to dry by a manager who we all know doesn't trust or want to trust youth (Ferguson excepted) unless his hand is forced due to people leaving and budget not allowing him to get more experienced players in.

Which of our youth players have not had a chance under mcinnes and gone on to better things? Maybe a lot of the youth players just aren’t good enough? People keep greeting about Campbell not getting a game but he’s not even that good.
  • Upvote 2

Which of our youth players have not had a chance under mcinnes and gone on to better things? Maybe a lot of the youth players just aren’t good enough? People keep greeting about Campbell not getting a game but he’s not even that good.

He's not greeting about Campbell not getting a game.

He's pointing out that Campbell mainly gets his chances when the midfield is decimated rather than getting opportunities when the team is more settled and established.

Not sure why there's such a backlash against Campbell. The boy is still a teenager and trying to break into the first team.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Both similar incidents in terms of fouls occurring but not in terms of defensive positions.

The only way Joe Lewis could've been sent off if he was last man but he wasn't so the yellow card was correctly given.

The boy Handanovic of Maribor was undeniably last man, therefore he should have been sent off, regardless of Niall McGinn scoring after the foul had taken place and a penalty being awarded. The ref Popov was worse than Mike McCurry, that's some achievement.

All nonsense. Rules were changed before the Maribor game meaning the keeper was correctly yellow carded, as was Lewis yesterday.

The gripe with the Maribor one was the fact the referee should have played advantage and given the goal.

Was the high boot against us in their box a penalty shout?

I only heard the red tv numpty moaning about it but he expects penalties awarded for pretty much every tackle against us so I assume it wasn’t a penalty shout

Definite pen but one of those that's a free kick every time outside the box but referees don't have the balls to give a penalty

All nonsense. Rules were changed before the Maribor game meaning the keeper was correctly yellow carded, as was Lewis yesterday.

The gripe with the Maribor one was the fact the referee should have played advantage and given the goal.

You're wrong aswell I think.

The rule depends on if you make an attempt for the ball. If a striker is away to tap it in an empty net and you yank him down like rugby you are off.

Debatable one yesterday, fair case for a red card.

He's not greeting about Campbell not getting a game.

He's pointing out that Campbell mainly gets his chances when the midfield is decimated rather than getting opportunities when the team is more settled and established.

Not sure why there's such a backlash against Campbell. The boy is still a teenager and trying to break into the first team.

I haven’t seen a backlash against Campbell, I only see people complaining that the manager doesn’t play him more. Also complaining the manager never gives youth a chance, my argument is that many of the youth players simply aren’t good enough.

Previously maybe but not latterly. Folks are suspicious though that he only turns to them when he's desperate rather than really trusting in them and being committed to their development. He hasn't brought many through in his time here til recently.

This season though..

Campbell is 18 and has appeared 13 times this season including a few starts.

McLennan is 20 and has appeared 13 times, mainly from the bench but has had a few injuries since the start of the season.

Ferguson is 20 and is probably first choice midfielder every week. 20 appearances so far this season.

I think the main criticism is around Anderson who hasn't really had any chances. But Cosgrove is in good goalscoring form so difficult to argue. Depends if you think he's better than Main or not.

A young right back coming through would be handy just now though.

Anyone else see Tony Doc moaning at the punters in the Main Stand at FT for not celebrating enough?

He can get right to fuck with that shite.

There is very little to “get behind” watching us of late.

So not looking forward to Wednesday. I wonder how many defenders we will start with? I’ll start the bidding at 6.

Anyone else see Tony Doc moaning at the punters in the Main Stand at FT for not celebrating enough?

He can get right to fuck with that shite.

There is very little to “get behind” watching us of late.

So not looking forward to Wednesday. I wonder how many defenders we will start with? I’ll start the bidding at 6.

I agree.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Considine

Vyner Leigh

Hedges Ferguson McGinn

Cosgrove.