Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Aberdeen

Thanks for pointing that out. A hat trick on the plastic pitch, even at reserve level, is another reason why Anderson should have played from the start. To be honest I think Derek maybe feels obliged to play Wilson as he does not want to offend Manchester United and scupper any future loan deals. At the end of the day though I feel Anderson has shown more desire, quality, goal threat and better hold up play than Wilson and until this changes he should be our first choice centre forward.

Hitting peak Millertime stuff here

Hitting peak Millertime stuff here

Congratulations mcd old chap. You have succeeded in reaching the number 1 spot on my shit list. I reserve the right to  bring down devastating revenge on your head at a time and post of my own choosing and you have also been struck off my Xmas card list for eternity. Millertime stuff indeed! Happy posting cunt.

Thanks for pointing that out. A hat trick on the plastic pitch, even at reserve level, is another reason why Anderson should have played from the start. To be honest I think Derek maybe feels obliged to play Wilson as he does not want to offend Manchester United and scupper any future loan deals. At the end of the day though I feel Anderson has shown more desire, quality, goal threat and better hold up play than Wilson and until this changes he should be our first choice centre forward.

“Oh hai James Wilson, you know how you scored goal of the season on Wednesday against Hamilton? Well I’m going to drop you for this young laddie because he scored on a plastic pitch in the reserves”.

Absolutely no reason to drop Wilson for the killie game and risk him going in a huff.

• Downvote 1

Credit to the team for showing the character to turn the game round in the 2nd half against a very well organised team of late. But it is clear to see we have a big issue at present. The midfield is struggling to feed the strikers in, and the problem is that when they do manage to find one, they are utterly hopeless and end up losing the ball..Got to wonder how much longer we can play like this for without receiving an absolute doing.

If i'm lennon on Friday I would be telling that hibs team to let us have the ball as much as we want and catch us on the counter, we aren't a threat going forward and their defenders are more than capable of keeping anything we do offer up at bay.

The following team I believe could cause hibs a problem :

Lewis

Logan     McKenna   Devlin     Lowe

Ferguson       Shinnie

McLennan                                GMS

Anderson    Mcginn

Yes its different but Mcginn is looking a tad sluggish out on the wing and struggles to get into a game. Scored 20 goals in his first season through the middle and 13 in the second season also through the middle. Why not try that again? Also with the threat of Anderson along side him, could make a decent pairing?

Edit - I really should have put this on the Aberdeen vs Hibs thread - what a fucking dick

Absolutely no reason to drop Wilson for the killie game and risk him going in a huff.

Surely we should be thinking of what is best for the team rather than worrying about players sulking?

So you'd play Wilson even if he wasn't the best option?

Ok, he may well be best option for the game, but there's probably as many who would rather see someone else up front.

If Anderson played from the start yesterday we'd all be calling him shite as well. Anderson gets his minutes in the later stages of games where we are generally throwing bodies forward and balls into the box.

A great instinctive finish from him (coming from one of the two times our wingers actually beat a man and put a ball in the box) but let's not pretend that the other 10 players don't have an impact on how shite our strikers look. Midfield is still our problem.

We can't control a game like we used to when we had Jack and McLean in the middle.

Great post we are missing McLean and it also proves we are not attack minded till the very end of games

Only thing I disagree with is the snake he is not missed in my opinion

Surely we should be thinking of what is best for the team rather than worrying about players sulking?

So you'd play Wilson even if he wasn't the best option?

Ok, he may well be best option for the game, but there's probably as many who would rather see someone else up front.

McInnes has to man-manage amongst other things, there will be players who have to be treated differently to others to get the best out of them. I don’t think Wilson deserved to be dropped and I don’t think it would have done him any good to drop him for no good reason.

Now he can say to Wilson he had his chance against killie and Anderson deserves a start instead after his goal, it would be difficult for Wilson to argue otherwise.

1/ because he was told to

2/ because no-one in the midfield appeared to want it

3/ because the midfield instead appeared happy to turn and face the opposition turning it into a bizarre high stakes game of attack versus 9 man defence

4/ because the one man up front had been told he did want it despite the fact he very clearly didn’t!

Or 5/ their team did well to cut off options to pass out of defence.

Well they should come a bit deeper to look for the ball instead of hanging about the halfway line.

Lack of trust between the players I think. Even when the midfield do come for the ball the defence hesitate and go for the easier option to another defender or back to Lewis. Good teams trust each other and pass

McInnes has to man-manage amongst other things, there will be players who have to be treated differently to others to get the best out of them. I don’t think Wilson deserved to be dropped and I don’t think it would have done him any good to drop him for no good reason.

Now he can say to Wilson he had his chance against killie and Anderson deserves a start instead after his goal, it would be difficult for Wilson to argue otherwise.

Fair enough.

I would like to see what he can do with a decent run of games.

But equally, I also think Anderson deserves a start or two. He's earned it.

Don't suppose we can have both.

Or can we...  :sherlock:  

Be nice to see them get chance together perhaps v the shite at home...

Ahh, so you're an advocate of the winner-stays-on rule being applied by McInnes when he's picking the team.

• Upvote 1

How?

May and Anderson looked alright together and so have Wilson and May.

To knock down the long balls from the back to the other striker?  Remember when Rooney used to get put out on the wing to knock down goal kicks to whoever moved up front?

File under "the definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results".  Like people on here saying "Shinnie to left back" or "Mcginn off the striker" without any appreciation of being locked in an echo chamber.

As for May, he just runs aboot and wastes breaks.  I like that he chases people down, but that's all he's good for these days.