Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Ryder won the fight I thought. The 117-111 card is a fucking stitch up.

Wilder's punch was fucking fantastic. He was getting stood on his head before that, cant box worth a fuck but he doesn't need to. He'd send Joshua into retirement if they ever fought.

Joshua fight intrigues me now as he has the power to actually trouble Wilder, said for a while it's a fire fight between them and it'll come down to who gets the big shot off first, that said Joshua has it all to prove this weekend coming, see he's slimmed down a fair bit and he's just speaking shit in all his interviews, imagine he retires if he loses again.

Joshua fight intrigues me now as he has the power to actually trouble Wilder, said for a while it's a fire fight between them and it'll come down to who gets the big shot off first, that said Joshua has it all to prove this weekend coming, see he's slimmed down a fair bit and he's just speaking shit in all his interviews, imagine he retires if he loses again.

Yeah don't think he'd carry on if he gets chinned again.

Would love to see Hearn's face when/if it happens.

The hbo documentary about the spinks tyson fight explains that spinkses manager, butch Lewis, was playing a blinder until fight night and whinged about not seeing tyson getting taped up, which is the usual case. Tyson, already up for it started punching holes in walls(like tong po in kickboxer) spibks heard the noise and took some convincing to fight.

Loved butch lewis' outfit on fight night, dinner suit, no shirt, just a collar and a white bow tie. Pimpin'

• 2 weeks later...

Aj v ruiz jr. Ruiz jr got beat by parker so I think aj will just have to outjab him for twelve rounds and occasionally release the right hand. I was at the Parker fight and that's what he did. Usually the champ gets the benefit of the doubt but i think dazn and sky will want aj to win. I do like ruiz jr, he reminds me of prime fedor, just a bloke who knew his onions. Just shows you don't have to look like an adonis.

It's good that there is some excitement in the heavyweight division after the boring Klitschko years. Fury, Wilder, Joshua and Ruiz with the likes of Whyte knocking on the door. A good mix of personalities amongst them which has brought a lot interest back from the general public.

The truth is though that they are not of the quality of the top 90's heavyweights. The likes of Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe and Tyson were on a different level in my opinion. Some people saying Wilder is supposedly the hardest punching heavyweight ever. In my opinion the likes of Lewis, Bowe and Tyson hit just as hard if not harder and all had far greater technique. Lewis and Bowe would have flattened Wilder. Holyfield at his best would have walked right through him. Tyson eats him up like pacman.

I watched Holyfield vs Tyson I again the other night. Watching how fast, tough and skilled they both were just rammed it home how much better they were than today's top heavies. It was a great era for the heavyweight division many of even the fringe contenders would likely be champions in today's era.

Problem was Lewis had beaten Bowe in the 88 Olympic final and was maybe still inside his head a bit at that time. I can see his manager's thinking...fight Lewis later make some money first with easy defences which against Dokes and Jesse Ferguson he blew them both away making several million dollars in the process. But he then lost the Holyfield rematch.

People forget though that after losing that fight to Holyfield in 93 Bowe signed to fight Lewis for the WBC belt in 94 all Lewis had to do was beat his mandatory challenger Oliver McCall and we all know what happened there.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/18/sports/bowe-and-lewis-fight-is-on.html

Automatic rematches tend to follow a similar path to the first fight, a lot of people getting carried away with AJs weight loss, that won't make stop him from making the same mistakes though and I feel Ruiz jr is just such a better boxer than him, his hand speed and combinations would be an issue for most, add in that he can take a shot and has a decent amount of power himself it's an absolute nightmare for AJ.

Ruiz has weighed in over a stone heavier than he did in the first fight! His excuse for being so heavy last time was a lack of preparation time which he cannot use now. No wonder he never took his top off at the weigh in.

For a heavyweight of his height to weigh in at over 20 stones with the amount of time he has had to prepare is ridiculous. I sense a lack of motivation from him here saying things like " he has achieved his dream" etc etc. I wonder how seriously he has taken his training. I think he could be the next Buster Douglas...talented but let down by a lack of discipline and motivation.

I think AJ is going to get his revenge here. Ruiz will still have that punchers chance but I can't see how turning up weighting 20+ stone is going to be a positive for him.

Ruiz has weighed in over a stone heavier than he did in the first fight! His excuse for being so heavy last time was a lack of preparation time which he cannot use now. No wonder he never took his top off at the weigh in.

For a heavyweight of his height to weigh in at over 20 stones with the amount of time he has had to prepare is ridiculous. I sense a lack of motivation from him here saying things like " he has achieved his dream" etc etc. I wonder how seriously he has taken his training. I think he could be the next Buster Douglas...talented but let down by a lack of discipline and motivation.

I think AJ is going to get his revenge here. Ruiz will still have that punchers chance but I can't see how turning up weighting 20+ stone is going to be a positive for him.

Too much being made about his weight, they've either decided to come in heavier or something has went wrong during camp, also a few pundits at the weigh in don't think he's actually that weight either and they seen him up close yesterday.  

Too much being made about his weight, they've either decided to come in heavier or something has went wrong during camp, also a few pundits at the weigh in don't think he's actually that weight either and they seen him up close yesterday.

We will soon find out. I just think if he's around the 20 stone mark that is not an ideal fighting weight for any heavyweight far less the world champion. It has to slow his overall movement down even if his hands will still be relatively fast.