#8101 OFFLINE   Redstar

Redstar

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Devlin now suspended...its making the decision not to renew Arnason’s contract look extremely flawed...Derek you dickhead...

#8102 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,592 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Devlin now suspended...its making the decision not to renew Arnason’s contract look extremely flawed...Derek you dickhead...

Haha...

Edited by Millertime, 01 September 2018 - 05:52 PM.

#8103 OFFLINE   AllyDon

AllyDon

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

I blame McIness for many things but harsh to criticise him for this. Arnason was pish.

If McIness had renewed his contract we would all have called him out for a stupid decision.

#8104 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,231 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

Happy that this thread can now be confined to the bin

Well that backfired :hysterical:
I've moved to California

#8105 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,891 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:22 PM

DM has well and truely fucked this transfer window. We are counting on Wilson being a sensation at this point.

He's wasted almost all his budget and will be relying on players who were already here if we are to get near our ambitions.

And i'll say again Lewis Ferguson's progress is actually HINDERING us. Refusing to sub him and GLEESON / SHINNIE / FERGUSON midfield is far far too defensive considering the state of our strikeforce.

COYR!

#8106 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,283 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

I don’t think it’s unreasonable or bed wetting to be disappointed with the transfer window. If we have utilised the playing budget including any money from the DNA then sorry , my already diminished faith in Mcinnes has gone. From what I have seen of the new signings so far my feeling is we are actually worse now than we were same time last year.
With (allegedly) an increased budget that’s simply not good enough and fans have every right to be frustrated.

we are far far better in defence for sure. Other than a great find in Ferguson we are still deciding if we have changed any for the better in midfield but creative/attack we are a shit ton worse than last season & last season was a shit ton worse than the previous season also. The decline in attack has been consistent to say the least. 

"Adult" using "lol"
Lol

I will post lol, ha ha ha or any other thing I like. Especially from iPad where I cannot annoy you even more with emoticons ;)

Windae licking twat

Ding Dong

#8107 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,231 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:05 PM

DM has well and truely fucked this transfer window. We are counting on Wilson being a sensation at this point.
He's wasted almost all his budget and will be relying on players who were already here if we are to get near our ambitions.
And i'll say again Lewis Ferguson's progress is actually HINDERING us. Refusing to sub him and GLEESON / SHINNIE / FERGUSON midfield is far far too defensive considering the state of our strikeforce.

Ferguson who's been involved in goals and attacking moves? Yeah what a hindrance.
I've moved to California

#8108 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,891 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:07 PM

Ferguson who's been involved in goals and attacking moves? Yeah what a hindrance.

he's the teachers pet

COYR!

#8109 OFFLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

Are you saying that Ferguson playing so well is bad for us?lolz
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#8110 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,891 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:42 PM

He should have been subbed last week and we may well have won

Hard to tell who should have been subbed today but not Gleeson

COYR!

#8111 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Cult Hero

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,450 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

Fucking hell
What goes around, comes around

#8112 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

McGinn should have been subbed today.

Would have been better to have kept the centre midfield intact that early in the game.

Ferguson is a plus for us but he's another runner like Shinnie. Gleeson was meant to be the guy to run the midfield and Forrester was meant to be the guy to link midfield with attack but it hasn't happened for either yet.

We're more defensive and workmanlike in midfield but we've lost a lot as a creative force. We're expecting an awful lot from the front 3 now who are becoming pretty isolated from the rest of the team.

There's a lot of work to be done. There's enough players there to form a decent side but it's too defensive now for me.

Edited by aberdeen1970, 01 September 2018 - 09:55 PM.

#8113 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,231 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:49 AM

he's the teachers pet

Is his bird Hot?
I've moved to California

#8114 OFFLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:03 AM

He should have been subbed last week and we may well have won

How do you work that out? We may have lost had he been subbed!

Sometimes less is more. Seriously
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#8115 OFFLINE   davieb

davieb

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Joined 18-January 07

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:53 AM

I can't see how we have spent more than last seasons budget, we seem to have replaced like for like. That coupled with money brought in from league position, selling Mclean and Rooney along with DNA cash, it does seem strange that the budget has been fully committed.

#8116 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,231 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:07 AM

I can't see how we have spent more than last seasons budget, we seem to have replaced like for like. That coupled with money brought in from league position, selling Mclean and Rooney along with DNA cash, it does seem strange that the budget has been fully committed.

Possibly higher wages on the permanent signings, cash out for Ferguson and probable payments for better quality loanees? Who knows, the only time we actually find out is when the accounts get released
I've moved to California

#8117 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

Yeah but don't forget last season we sold Hayes for a reported £1.4m. A fair chunk of that was used to rebuild the squad last summer. This close season the only players we sold were McLean and Rooney for (if press to be believed) a combined £500k. We probably spent most of that money on Forrester and Ferguson.

We're not a club that traditionally spends money on transfer fees. The striker McInnes wanted (Moult) wasn't available so rather than spunk £500k+ on some unknown from the English lower divisions I'd say he spent a far lesser amount signing Wilson on loan as I believe McInnes thought that would be better value...less cost plus a better player only problem it's a loan but every club has their share of those. I think there will still be money available to sign a permanent striker in the next window if the likes of Moult becomes available but he's not going to publicly say that.

#8118 OFFLINE   the sheep

the sheep

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 24-December 07

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Michael Hector joined Sheffield Wednesday from Chelsea on loan....that went under the radar for me. I was hoping we would be in with a chance of a lone with a view to a permanent move. He seems to want to put down routes after being out on loan. Seemed happy with his time here but maybe just a bit outwith our wage demand.

Edited by the sheep, 02 September 2018 - 12:59 PM.

#8119 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,434 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

Michael Hector joined Sheffield Wednesday from Chelsea on loan....that went under the radar for me. I was hoping we would be in with a chance of a lone with a view to a permanent move. He seems to want to put down routes after being out on loan. Seemed happy with his time here but maybe just a bit outwith our wage demand.

Chelsea really are just a disgusting and putrid club.  Anyone with a modicum of talent gets signed and put out on loan.  The only time people like Hector see Stamford Bridge is the day they sign their contract.   Man City are another example of everything that is wrong with football.  These clubs do what Celtic do but on an industrial scale.

Edited by BWG, 02 September 2018 - 01:55 PM.

#8120 OFFLINE   KidCreole

KidCreole

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts
  • Joined 03-September 15

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

Chelsea really are just a disgusting and putrid club.  Anyone with a modicum of talent gets signed and put out on loan.  The only time people like Hector see Stamford Bridge is the day they sign their contract.   Man City are another example of everything that is wrong with football.  These clubs do what Celtic do but on an industrial scale.

They are the epl verson of sevco, The club and fans alike are utter serpents to a man

#8121 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,592 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

They are the epl verson of sevco, The club and fans alike are utter serpents to a man

If we could do it, we would

In fact we do, but on a shiter scale

#8122 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Cult Hero

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,450 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

English Huns

#8123 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,974 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:21 AM

Man City loaning Celtic a player on a TWO YEAR deal.

That kind of shit should be stopped or the loaning club should have to pay out 100% of all wages for the player while he's on loan.

#8124 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,283 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

Loan system is no longer fit for the original dolphin it was meant.

Now it is all about giving the rich clubs even more room for error when it comes to signing players with potential. They can sign as many as they want now because they know they can simply loan out as many as they want.

Ding Dong

#8125 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,231 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:13 AM

Now it is all about giving the rich clubs even more room for error when it comes to signing players with potential. They can sign as many as they want now because they know they can simply loan out as many as they want.

Suppose it's just an extension of what the Bosman ruling was trying to stop with big clubs controlling the players. But the problem has always been a balance between players being human employees and commodities worth cash
I've moved to California

#8126 OFFLINE   SheepieBaaBaa

SheepieBaaBaa

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Joined 17-June 09

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:32 AM

Where does the dolphin fit into the system?

#8127 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 11,582 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

He's lost me with that as well tbh haha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 18 (5 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £95.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#8128 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,434 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

I think he's trying to make a Porpoise joke, but Dolphins aren't Porpoises.

#8129 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Cult Hero

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,450 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

If so, that's even worse than any of Chewie or SuperHanz crappy pun attempts

#8130 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 11,582 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:40 AM

Ah there we go - too early for me I guess haha terrific

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 18 (5 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £95.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users