McInnes may start Alexander to give him his competitive first team debut. I'm comfortable with either 'keeper starting.

Can't see much football being played here, probably going to be a brutal shit fest, so I'd start all our physical guys and bully them.

Alexander

O'Connor Taylor McKenna Considine

Burns Jack Shinnie

Stockley

Rooney Storey

Should also do the haka before the game.

McInnes may start Alexander to give him his competitive first team debut. I'm comfortable with either 'keeper starting.

Can't see much football being played here, probably going to be a brutal shit fest, so I'd start all our physical guys and bully them.

Alexander

Burns Jack Shinnie

Stockley

Rooney Storey

Christ, glad you don't pick the team.

• Upvote 1

Alexander

Burns Jack Shinnie

Stockley

Rooney Storey

Fuck me Panda, you been locked in a Ket den all weekend, jesus christ.

Alexander

Burns Jack Shinnie

Stockley

Rooney Storey

Aye just take play all our players out of position. Nae like it matters.

What's this full strength team pish? It's fucking Ayr we're playing.

We spent the off season saying we needed to strengthen the depth of the squad so we could rotate players more, so we do that, and now a good opportunity to rotate a few players arises and now nobody wants to?

Alexander

Logan Taylor McKenna Considine

Burns McLean Storie Wright

Rooney Storey

If that team can't see off Ayr then we've got a problem.

Knowing McInnes though, I reckon we will see a full strength squad out, and we'll be knackered for Hearts at the weekend

We spent the off season saying we needed to strengthen the depth of the squad so we could rotate players more, so we do that, and now a good opportunity to rotate a few players arises and now nobody wants to?

Alexander

Rooney Storey

Knowing McInnes though, I reckon we will see a full strength squad out, and we'll be knackered for Hearts at the weekend

They are professional athletes and should be able to handle two games in a week. Fielding the strongest XI gives us the best chance of winning the cup.

Absolutely mental if Jack and Shinnie don't get a rest (and Logan / Considine shouldn't play the whole game if it can be avoided). If they played Tuesday and Saturday that would be 4 games in 10 days across two time zones including 40 mins chasing a goal with 10 men in 30 degree heat. Recipe for a buggered hamstring.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

Burns O'Connor McLean Wright

Stockley Storey

It's fucking Ayr Utd ffs.

Fortunately Hearts have a nice wee trip to Perth on Wednesday night, hopefully they'll be knackered/injured or missing through suspension !!!

The 'they can manage, they are professional footballers' argument is stupid.

We have a decent squad now, this is the sort of game to use it in.

the same decent squad struggled to create any chances against St Johnstone on Saturday when we rested two first team players and had one injured. I though it was insane to have McGinn and Rooney on the bench and leave us with out our starting front 3.

Play the staring 11 against Ayr and Hearts unless we have injuries.

Alexander

Rooney Storey

we wanted strength in depth to cover injuries with better talented players, not to rotate and leave the best players on the bench.

Lewis

Considine

Reynolds

Oconnor

Logan

Burns

Shinnie

Jack

Storey

Stockley

Rooney

Partly thinking about preparation for the hearts game and if we'd need the physical boys for this game as well. Considered putting oconner in midfield but thought that would be too much fucking about.

Would rest mcginn and surely he needs a proper holiday, hasn't looked great so far.

Midfield might be too attacking but fuck it ayr are shite.

the same decent squad struggled to create any chances against St Johnstone on Saturday when we rested two first team players and had one injured. I though it was insane to have McGinn and Rooney on the bench and leave us with out our starting front 3.

Play the staring 11 against Ayr and Hearts unless we have injuries.

We looked worse when then two came on.

McInnes' pish formations don't help.

The 'they can manage, they are professional footballers' argument is stupid.

We have a decent squad now, this is the sort of game to use it in.

Correct

Still say you won't get the best out of Storey playing the Mackie role until you sort out your AM to feed him.

Did Mackie have a role???

Correct

Did Mackie have a role???

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt! :zoomer: Storey playing on the last man's shoulder, turning/pinning back the defence and running onto a perfectly weighted pass or knock-on between the defence and the keeper is what I meant. Don't worry if you don't recognise the above scenario it hasn't been seen for a while at Pittodrie but I'm told it is still allowed.

Think Stavrum, but without the Linesman's flag.