#5821 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,450 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

McInnes does not trust Wright in a properly competitive match. Chasing a game weve already lost against whomever..yep. Playing against a bottom six side early in the season.... yep. When the going gets tough....nope

Safety first.

#5822 OFFLINE   The_Next_Legend

The_Next_Legend

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

What I had heard was a couple teams enquired about taking Wright on loan, Wright was keen to get out and get game time... but McInnes said no he needs him at pittodrie, wright was obviously annoyed as he wanted to play every week and threw a bit of a tantrum.. so McInnes gave him the same treatment as everyone else as to say "you'll do as your told"

I feel bad for Wright, definite potential there McInnes maybe just wants him to kick on and prove it to him in training/attitude etc. He looks like he's bulked up a wee bit too for this season

#5823 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,659 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:49 PM

What I had heard was a couple teams enquired about taking Wright on loan, Wright was keen to get out and get game time... but McInnes said no he needs him at pittodrie, wright was obviously annoyed as he wanted to play every week and threw a bit of a tantrum.. so McInnes gave him the same treatment as everyone else as to say "you'll do as your told"

I feel bad for Wright, definite potential there McInnes maybe just wants him to kick on and prove it to him in training/attitude etc. He looks like he's bulked up a wee bit too for this season

So, mcinnes wanted to make sure he respected him and knew he wouldn't get away with a hissy fit?

Good

#5824 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 14,647 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:11 AM

We did take the two Oirish youngsters in during the week. Squad fillerz.

But aye, Tansey will for sure be out along with Wright (not on loan), I think he's done.

Were they not on the young side?

I'd imagine Sam Roscoe etc would be a squad filler before them.

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

#5825 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,552 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Were they not on the young side?

I'd imagine Sam Roscoe etc would be a squad filler before them.

Definitely. The two Irish lads will be part of the U18 squad to begin with

#5826 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,692 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:29 AM

I see Tyler Chicken got some minutes for the U18's, the other night versus Keith...  Has he fully overcome his injury problems?

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#5827 ONLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,716 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:50 AM

Was it Keith u18s? I noticed we won 4-2 which seems some result for our u18s v a Highland league team.

Edited by RUL, 19 July 2018 - 06:51 AM.

#5828 OFFLINE   Donnet

Donnet

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Joined 01-June 17

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:03 AM

Was it Keith u18s? I noticed we won 4-2 which seems some result for our u18s v a Highland league team.

It was Keith's full team. 

#5829 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,692 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:04 AM

Aye very impressive result then... not heard of many of the lads, other than Chicken and Ross.  Anyone know much about the next generation?  Anyone to look out for?

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#5830 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

A shite highland league team......

#5831 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,941 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Aye, but would you be arsed after a day at work to have spoilt kids run circles around you?

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#5832 OFFLINE   The Cockney Don

The Cockney Don

Yiddo & a Don

• Members
  • 11,232 posts
  • Joined 31-October 13

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

Teuchter Farmers XI v Young Dons.

HT 0-3. FT 2-3.

Fitness?

Half-time at Harlaw Park. Inverurie Locos 0 Aberdeen XI 3. Dons scorers - Brown (4), Anderson (20), Dangana (38).

Full time at Harlaw Park. Inverurie Locos 2 Aberdeen XI 3. The young Dons hang on to win despite second half goals from Gauld (52) and Souter (90).

#5833 OFFLINE   The Cockney Don

The Cockney Don

Yiddo & a Don

• Members
  • 11,232 posts
  • Joined 31-October 13

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:17 PM

The SPFL is pleased to confirm that it will operate Reserves Leagues for season 2018/19, comprising 27 clubs across two divisions.

The Reserve Leagues, which replace the Development Leagues, have been introduced following discussions at the Competitions Working Group over the last 18 months. 

The Competitions Working Group, which is attended by Malky Mackay (Scottish FA Performance Director), representatives from all four SPFL Divisions and was previously chaired by Ian Maxwell, was of the view that it would benefit the development of young players if they were playing alongside more experienced players on a more regular basis.  

As such, there are no age restrictions with regard to participation in the Reserve Leagues (other than a minimum age of 16).

These changes complement recent amendments to loan regulations which provide, generally, that any player loaned out by an SPFL club is eligible to return and play in non-first team football for the lending club. 

The first division of the Reserve League comprises 18 clubs, who will play each other once for a total of 17 matches across the season. Fixtures will usually be scheduled for Monday afternoons.

Reserve League 2 is made up of nine clubs, who will play each other once at home and once away for a total of 16 matches across the season. Fixtures will take place in midweek evenings.

Divisional Reserve League Cups will be played to provide additional games during the season, with the format mirroring the Betfred Cup in that any drawn group games will proceed to penalties with an additional bonus point available. Further details on the cup competitions will be confirmed in due course.

It is anticipated that Reserve League fixtures will be published later this week. The first division of the Reserve League is scheduled to start on Monday August 20, with Reserve League 2 kicking off the following midweek.

Participating clubs

Reserve League 
Aberdeen
Celtic
Dundee
Dundee United
Dunfermline Athletic
Falkirk
Hamilton Academical
Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian
Kilmarnock
Morton
Motherwell
Partick Thistle 
Queen of the South 
sevco
Ross County
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Reserve League 2 
Airdrieonians
Albion Rovers
Ayr United
Berwick Rangers
East Kilbride
Livingston
Queen’s Park
Raith Rovers
Stirling Albion.

#5834 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,450 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

Thanks Cockney

#5835 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,659 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

The SPFL is pleased to confirm that it will operate Reserves Leagues for season 2018/19, comprising 27 clubs across two divisions.

The Reserve Leagues, which replace the Development Leagues, have been introduced following discussions at the Competitions Working Group over the last 18 months. 

The Competitions Working Group, which is attended by Malky Mackay (Scottish FA Performance Director), representatives from all four SPFL Divisions and was previously chaired by Ian Maxwell, was of the view that it would benefit the development of young players if they were playing alongside more experienced players on a more regular basis.  

As such, there are no age restrictions with regard to participation in the Reserve Leagues (other than a minimum age of 16).

These changes complement recent amendments to loan regulations which provide, generally, that any player loaned out by an SPFL club is eligible to return and play in non-first team football for the lending club. 

The first division of the Reserve League comprises 18 clubs, who will play each other once for a total of 17 matches across the season. Fixtures will usually be scheduled for Monday afternoons.

Reserve League 2 is made up of nine clubs, who will play each other once at home and once away for a total of 16 matches across the season. Fixtures will take place in midweek evenings.

Divisional Reserve League Cups will be played to provide additional games during the season, with the format mirroring the Betfred Cup in that any drawn group games will proceed to penalties with an additional bonus point available. Further details on the cup competitions will be confirmed in due course.

It is anticipated that Reserve League fixtures will be published later this week. The first division of the Reserve League is scheduled to start on Monday August 20, with Reserve League 2 kicking off the following midweek.

Participating clubs

Reserve League 
Aberdeen
Celtic
Dundee
Dundee United
Dunfermline Athletic
Falkirk
Hamilton Academical
Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian
Kilmarnock
Morton
Motherwell
Partick Thistle 
Queen of the South 
sevco
Ross County
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Reserve League 2 
Airdrieonians
Albion Rovers
Ayr United
Berwick Rangers
East Kilbride
Livingston
Queens Park
Raith Rovers
Stirling Albion.

Why only 17 games?!

#5836 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,450 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

^ bizzare isn't it?

#5837 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,659 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

^ bizzare isn't it?

Yeah, surely should be a mirror of the top league and reserves play the top teams opposition reserves?

#5838 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,450 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, surely should be a mirror of the top league and reserves play the top teams opposition reserves?

Typical Scottish football governance:

Only 27 teams want to play reserve football, so let's make it shite for the top pro teams just to appease a few hangers on.

Like you say (I think) make it a 10 or 12 team top league, let division 2 have the whacky number of fixtures etc

#5839 OFFLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

I'm disappointed there aren't at least some age restrictions on older players.

#5840 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 26,997 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:32 AM

Why didn't they spilt the top league into two leagues so they could have home & away fixtures equally just like the reserve league 2.

Weird set up

Ding Dong

#5841 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 26,997 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:03 AM

Also.. no age restrictions other than a minimum age of 16

So the whole idea is to help bring on youth football yet YOUTHS below the age of 16 cannot play.

Clearly it is not about helping youth at all & it was reintroduced at the request of Celtic & Huns. Even though Huns aren't in it at this moment they will be at some point.

Ding Dong

#5842 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,729 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:46 AM

Decent top league of 18 teams though.... Almost like theyre testing a theory out.

#5843 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,520 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

@Bebo. If a new reserves thread appears I suggest it be called 'Cockney Don's Reserve Thread'. 

He has done sterling work with the under 20's and should be recognised.

Cheers CD :applause:

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#5844 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,692 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:20 AM

Good opportunity to call time on this thread, now that the U20's have been disbanded.  Will add this to the 'classics forum' once it's dropped off the page.  Thanks to Cockney Don and others for the updates, those of us who follow the youth teams from afar are grateful! 

New Reserve Team thread HERE

Once there is something to talk about, feel free to start a new topic for the U18's and youths.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users