Do You Have ...

I'll start with:

... a Fergie's nose?

I think I might have the start of one of those bright reed conks.

I call it a "Rudolph" not a Fergie lol. Its dilated veins, which can be caused by various things. Sometimes called "spider veins".

Guy I know in his 50s used to have a big red nose, but got it fixed on the NHS - some kind of laser treatment to calm the colour down. Made a big difference.

Apparently you have to say its affecting your confidence / mental well-being, as they wont do it otherwise (a red nose isnt life threatening).

Another way to calm it is to use 20% urea cream:

"we have heard from others that Udderly Smooth Extra Care 20 Cream with 20% urea is surprisingly effective against spider veins"

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/10/23/how-to-get-rid-of-spider-veins/

Get it here, may be worth a try if its something which is annoying you:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Udderly-Smooth-Extra-Cream-Unscented/dp/B00D86VGYC

C_S - you know of any pubs in Glasgow with the game on tonight?

@@Bad_Mobby

Molly Malones, Hope Street (for definite, its on their facebook page)

Also

Malones, Sauchiehall Lane (another poster said he checked with them via email)

Hope that helps.

Strange that its both Irish bars, with similar names, in close proximity to one another - but any port in a storm!

Cheers min

Just popped into The Rock in Hyndland - which normally shows Dons games, but they dinna have premier sports

No bother; I thought the Rock might be an option but I hadnt heard either way.

Heres the evidence for Mollys on Hope St showing it:

Like Comment

Live Europa League Football this Thursday:

Skonto Fc v St Patricks from 5pm

FK Shkendija v Aberdeen from 8.05pm

11705200_1020538117957393_93869424627847

https://www.facebook.com/molly.malones.77

As for "Malones" - I heard it 2nd hand; I did email them myself to ask but did not receive the courtesy of a reply tut tut!

(probably thinking "not him again!" lol)

EDIT - would expect the likes of Walkabout would have it on too.

There used to be an old boy who I used to see walking about Rosemount Place years ago. He usually wore a flat cap and a long beige mac. I don't want to be cruel but I can only describe his nose as similar to the one below - but fatter and longer. I used to gawp at him as kids do but even then I felt sorry for him. He'll be deid years ago. Does anyone remember him? Probably not...

hooter_zps4a728633.jpg

There used to be an old boy who I used to see walking about Rosemount Place years ago. He usually wore a flat cap and a long beige mac. I don't want to be cruel but I can only describe his nose as similar to the one below - but fatter and longer. I used to gawp at him as kids do but even then I felt sorry for him. He'll be deid years ago. Does anyone remember him? Probably not...

hooter_zps4a728633.jpg

I mind him, was he a fat dude? Think he worked as a scafie / street sweeper.

Yeah, that's right, quite chubby. Looking back now I guess it must have been some form of elephantiasis or something similar. Never seemed to bother him though. You must be a similar age to me Chief cos this was years ago. Last time I saw him must have been in my very early teens if not younger.

hooter_zps4a728633.jpg

Kirk_Sutherland.jpg

Never been bothered with the ol' Asteroids - but I know a bloke who's had constant trouble with them. Nae mentioning any names, but it's Slinky.

I'm sure he's more than happy to share that with everyone as well. Slinky is da man.

Yeah, that's right, quite chubby. Looking back now I guess it must have been some form of elephantiasis or something similar. Never seemed to bother him though. You must be a similar age to me Chief cos this was years ago. Last time I saw him must have been in my very early teens if not younger.

I mine him well

Also remember someone who played in a band around town, hippy looking dude who had a nose just like that Proboscis. I actually seem to think he had some sort of leather cover for it.

And if any of you lads served your time with NG Baileys were there not a good few Snozzers amongst them lot ?

In my addled old brain I have been mixing proboscis nose up with another bloke. As you say he was an older mannie and used to wear a raincoat and bonnet. The bloke I was mixing him up with was another noticeable "character" who worked as a street sweeper, and he was Huuuuuuuuuge! God knows how they got day glow orange scafie dungarees to fit him.

Chutneylove: google "veinwave" treatment for your rouge beak.

Apparently costs £150 - 200 per session (privately) and just 1 or 2 sessions will restore said beak to its former glory.

Settle doon min, I'm nae at the treatment stage. My nose was just a wee bit red the other day. I think it might have been sunburn. I think it'll be fine. I've blanked out my eyes in this picture to keep my anonymity.

Rhinopyma.JPG