Site Security

daytripping

Getting the order is tough as well, judges are no mugs. Vulgar abuse is legal, just don't defame anyone.

If bebo wants to put the police questions on to me I'll easily help.

Mouse ears would be funny in court but they'd never afford to take a civil challenge that far, CPS would laugh at it. Carry on being yourself is my advice, don't let them scare you. You have the same rights as a plod, they're just employees of the state, fuck em.

• Upvote 1

That's true to a certain extent.

If the IP was in use by an office for example the IT geeks would then be able to trace it back to a particular computer. Even then it's not proof the owner of said computer actually did it.

If however it is traced back to a household, then blaming the wife, bairns or dug won't help matters.

That's not true. The IP address the police will have is the public IP for the office. It can't identify the internal IP address used. Your IT dept may (and probably do) have other tools that monitor web traffic per user but it probably doesn't work and/or nobody has looked at it in years.

Source: IT Geek

That's not true. The IP address the police will have is the public IP for the office. It can't identify the internal IP address used. Your IT dept may (and probably do) have other tools that monitor web traffic per user but it probably doesn't work and/or nobody has looked at it in years.

Source: IT Geek

Correct, but the company IT geeks could trace it back. If their monitoring is shite then that's a whole other story.

Correct, but the company IT geeks could trace it back. If their monitoring is shite then that's a whole other story.

IP address etc is NOT enough it only tells you so much

It does not tell you who was sitting in front of the computer at the time it was posted (50 people in an office one goes away for a shit and someone jumps on said computer and posts something illegal)