Partick Thistle 3 - 4 Aberdeen

Christie to either be dropped or move back to playing centrally for this one. Stewart to start.

Lewis

Logan Arnason O'Connor Considine

Shinnie McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

May

Subs: Rogers, Reynolds, Tansey, Maynard, Rooney, Wright, Stockley

Prediction: 2-1 May and Stewart

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Considine, Reynolds and GMS to be dropped from yesterday

Lewis

Logan Arnason O'Connor Shinnie

McLean Tansey

Stewart Christie Wright

May

Subs: Rogers, Reynolds, GMS, Maynard, Rooney, Considine, and Stockley

Prediction: 2-0 May and Rooney

like this but I'm afraid Considine seems to be DM's blue eyed boy.
  • Downvote 1

I think that this will be a good test of our resolve - and before the international break it offers DM the time he needs to reflect on the new squad in terms of who can play together and who can't.

Partick will know that they can get at us so the biggest test as I see it will be for our back four and how they cope.

I hope DM puts the same back four out as was at the Dundee game.

I see no problems with us going forward but for the same questions as to who is best playing together, and who should be left out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lewis

McLean Tansey

Stewart Christie Wright

May

Based on last 2 games, I'd say this is potentially our strongest eleven. Reynolds has had enough opportunities and there is no hint of him rediscovering the form of 2 seasons ago, so Arnason should be given a chance. Considine being exposed by teams now and without Hayes in front of him we look vulnerable down that side. Christie is a match winner and match winners should be played in their best position.

• Upvote 2

Lewis

McLean Tansey

Stewart Christie Wright

May

Would go with that line up too.

3-2 Aberdeen (Stewart, Christie and McLean)

Edit: 3-2 Aberdeen (May x 3)

McInnee won't play Shinnie at LB he obviously sees him as his centre midfield driving force. Which means he realistically needs to drop either Tansey or McLean. On current form I'd say McLean drops out. Time to give Arnason his chance.

.................Lewis............

..Logan..Arnason..O'Connor..Considine..

.............Shinnie.......Tansey........

......Stewart........Christie.........GMS....

.......................May.........................

BENCH - Rogers / Reynolds / Maynard / Rooney / McLean / Wright / Stockley

Prediction: 1-2.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dropping McLean and leaving GMS and Considine left side is just being stubborn

I'd like to see Shinnie tried at LB and Tansey and McLean as the CM combo for a couple of games to see how it works (and especially against Celtic). But it's pretty clear DM sees Shinnie as a centre midfielder which is fine as he is normally superb in that position. But it does restrict our options for the left hand side and no doubt teams will target that area as a potential weak spot. It's glaringly obvious that it's an area where we can be got at with pace and direct running.

Partick 0 Aberdeen 4. A routine win down in the weeg.

Would like to believe in this but Patrick are not that bad a side & have a decent manager.

Lost to Hibs, Celtic & St's but not easily. They also humped St's. 3-0 in cup.

They will not be a walkover, especially if we play as bad as yesterday.

May will likely be the difference again but hopefully the rest up their game & make it more comfortable.

Our defence especially needs a fkn good boot up the arse

Would like to believe in this but Patrick are not that bad a side & have a decent manager.

May will likely be the difference again but hopefully the rest up their game & make it more comfortable.

Yesterday was a "dose of reality" to quote that prick Lennon. We thought we'd turn up and win and it nearly cost us. McInnes will not allow that complacency to creep in again. Combined with the fact that it's a happy hunting ground for us down there, I expect us to absolutely smash them. I standby my prediction. 4-0 the Dons.

. Celtic only beat them 1-0. Should have been 1-1. So Mcinnes start booting the defence up the ass. And pick the right. Wright. Steven. Team.

Lewis

Logan

O'Connor

Reynolds

Considine

Shinnie

Tansey

McLean

Christie

GMS

May

Subs

Rogers

Arnason

Stockley

Wright

Maynard

Rooney

Stewart

That's what I think it will be but would rather see McLean drop back and replace Tansey, with Christie playing centrally and either Wright or Stewart starting.

1/ Deek will go 4-5-1 with May a given

2/ Deek won't play Wright and GMS together so it'll come down to which one complements Considine better. Looks like its GMS to date. Scottie to come on after 70 mins depending on scoreline.

3/ Without Rooney (a whole different argument) he needs Maclean to challenge for the high clearances out of defence. Assuming his mind is in the right place he'll keep his position. Didn't think he did too badly on Saturday from Alba but that's maybe just because Shinnie and Christie were uber shite.

4/ Assuming he's sticking with Considine at LB Shinnie (even a shite Shinnie) in the middle is a must.

5/ Because we've got Maclean in that middle berth it kind of pushes Christie or Stewart out wide. Stewart seems to cope better with this.

6/ I prefer two sitting midfielders in front of a still shaky back 4. (Should be Arnason and DOC for me). Tansey's done nothing wrong so far and his deliveries are far superior to anyone else.

So in summary Wright, Reynolds and Christie to bring tweezers on Saturday for the splinters.

• Downvote 1