Aberdeen 3 - 0 St Johnstone

Back to attacking ways? No injuries to worry about it seems other than Harvie, Storie and possibly Tansey if he goes for his op in advance of this one.

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Considine

O'Connor Shinnie

Christie McLean Wright

May

subs: Rogers, Rooney, Ball, Stewart, Maynard, Reynolds, Mackay-Steven

Prediction: 1-0 May

crowd: 13,900

Back to attacking ways? No injuries to worry about it seems other than Harvie, Storie and possibly Tansey if he goes for his op in advance of this one.

Lewis

O'Connor Shinnie

Christie McLean Wright

May

I'd go with that team, possibly Stewart in ahead of Wright.

1-0 McKenna

Lewis

O'Connor Shinnie

Christie McLean Wright

May

In the absence of Tansey Maclean tends to sit in beside O'Connor and Shinnie pushes forward. That also seems to stop Maclean getting in Christie's way. Take your pick on who your front three will be, whichever can gel/feed off best with that formation behind them. Defo May and for me still Wright on the left or Stewart on the right.

Tally ho.

Lewis

O'Connor Shinnie

Christie McLean Wright

May

1-0 May

Crowd 13900

I think the crowd will be about 1000 more than your prediction, but I think your probably about there with the score (although wouldn't it be nice to stick 3 or 4 past someone, and our closest rivals to Celtic would be very nice)

As for the team, I'm going to agree with you on formation, but I'd like to see Christie in the central attacking position in behind May, so:

Lewis

O'Connor Shinnie

Stewart Christie Wright

May

Bench will be spot on, I'd like to see DM utilise it quicker where necessary, we have a lot of quality there now.

• Upvote 1

I think the crowd will be about 1000 more than your prediction, but I think your probably about there with the score (although wouldn't it be nice to stick 3 or 4 past someone, and our closest rivals to Celtic would be very nice)

As for the team, I'm going to agree with you on formation, but I'd like to see Christie in the central attacking position in behind May, so:

Lewis

O'Connor Shinnie

Stewart Christie Wright

May

Bench will be spot on, I'd like to see DM utilise it quicker where necessary, we have a lot of quality there now.

Swap McLean for Wright and I think that will be the team. I think McLean and Christie will be asked to link up further up the pitch. This will give the front 4 freedom to interchange as an attacking unit.

I've a feeling this will be a difficult game. Will take any kind of win. Even if it hurts our eyes to watch.

I'm taking that as a given, as all St J matches are.

Just don't send May off on pointless running races with Foster for the whole of the first half and then revert to type with long punts to Anderson and Shaunnessy for the whole of the second. Trust me. It hasn't, doesn't and won't work no matter how many games we try it.

Lewis

O'Connor Shinnie

Christie McLean Wright

May

Christie can't play wide.

Christie can't play wide.

Agreed but as long as McInnes feels he has to accommodate McLean then Christie will be shunted out wide.

That's the problem with McInnes he seems to pick what he thinks are our best 11 and shoehorn them into a formation rather than pick a formation that suits the players he has and pick the best player in each position.

Both McLean and considine have been honking so far this season but both seem to start regardless every game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looking forward to this one, Train up with missus instead of Supporters bus this week and Brother and his missus Flying into Aberdeen from London in the morning to go to the game with me..( well women to the shops men to the game lol )

Hopefully a good game and a 2-0 win with May getting both...Crowd of 15450

Like to see Arnie and McKenna start also

Agreed but as long as McInnes feels he has to accommodate McLean then Christie will be shunted out wide.

That's the problem with McInnes he seems to pick what he thinks are our best 11 and shoehorn them into a formation rather than pick a formation that suits the players he has and pick the best player in each position.

Both McLean and considine have been honking so far this season but both seem to start regardless every game.

Christie runs about daft in a attacking (midfield) role and pops up all over the shop regardless of where he's supposed to be playing. Undisciplined you might say. Mclean has been an important player for us for seasons now in an out out CM role and often does his best work when deeper. There is absolutely no comparison between the two players except that they both play for the same team. Compatibility issues there, I agree. Mclean will win that one all day though.

Mclean has had a poor to average start to the season so far but a lot of that is down to a massive turn over of team mates.

Arguably, we were at our best last season with Christie on the bench.

• Downvote 1