RedTV

12 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

You just have to link your Redtv account with your afc account - so only one global login going forward.  Couple of clicks and it was job done for me!

It was refusing to accept my password and email... took me down a rabbit hole, and I was getting ready to fire the whole fucking thing aff the roof.

Finally got it going. 

12 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

You just have to link your Redtv account with your afc account - so only one global login going forward.  Couple of clicks and it was job done for me!

Aye sounds simple but they had no record of my email address. The one the fkn send me everything on ? fail safe was to phone them. Aye ok. Gonna fkn phone fe states n waste money. Had to wipe all my history to ‘link’ accounts so can watch fkn game

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Worked perfect for me on ppv but is it worth getting and paying monthly for what else do you get for your money. 

Interviews, behind the scenes stuff, old matches, classic matches... that sort of thing. 

Never watch any of that stuff, personally, just use it for the gemme, ken?

16 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

16 hours ago, Ke1t said:

It was refusing to accept my password and email... took me down a rabbit hole, and I was getting ready to fire the whole fucking thing aff the roof.

Finally got it going. 

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Aye sounds simple but they had no record of my email address. The one the fkn send me everything on ? fail safe was to phone them. Aye ok. Gonna fkn phone fe states n waste money. Had to wipe all my history to ‘link’ accounts so can watch fkn game

Yeah, not that straightforward for me either.

Dons ID was requested to make the change, but the last one I received from them did not work.

They then told me that was not my ID, so presented me with my Dons ID, which was one I'd not seen in my puff.

Might have been handy to inform me at some point prior. ?

Was ok after that, took  2 or 3 emails back and forth over a couple of days to get logged in.

Glad I started the process at beginning of the week to avoid actually missing our only win of the year. ?

Anyhoo, game coverage worked seamlessly here in Κύπρος.

No issues at all.

13 hours ago, RUL said:

Hardly a shambles that you are a mongo. 

I can’t believe how many there are on here who criticise fellow fans. Red tv wouldn’t let me log on. Re entered my details and was told that I would get sent an email to verify my details. Five requests later, still no email from Red tv

The single login thing worked okay for me - I was a bit worried it would end up screwing it up, but thankfully didn't.

I'd like to see more highlights from some of the youth teams and less stuff about the women's teams. Nothing against women's football, but the quality of it really isn't worthy of all the coverage it gets.

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

The single login thing worked okay for me - I was a bit worried it would end up screwing it up, but thankfully didn't.

I'd like to see more highlights from some of the youth teams and less stuff about the women's teams. Nothing against women's football, but the quality of it really isn't worthy of all the coverage it gets.

Agreed. Lassie’s football really is a load of shite. Far better to see more of the youth team’s progress than the lassies pish as you say.

Would be nice to have a better idea of the young players coming through via RedTv than having to rely on a couple of users on here that follow them each week. Nothing against them, credit to them but the club want to promote the youth team more so they should do so by giving them better coverage than the lassies. The youth team is far more important to the club than daft lassies football.

The lassies haven’t even got a thread on here ffs. Maybe anyone on here that likes their shite should start a thread for them. Could call it AFC Twat or something 

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

It’s comically bad. 
The goalies are like 10 year old schoolboys floundering around. 

It’s absolute shite & political correctness gone mad giving them the amount of air time it does.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s comically bad. 
The goalies are like 10 year old schoolboys floundering around. 

It’s absolute shite & political correctness gone mad giving them the amount of air time it does.

It's becoming more and more popular with young girls playing at school etc, which is great. The quality will no doubt improve in the future, but it's dire at the moment. They should make the goals smaller, given that women are generally smaller than men.

I suppose if some folk want to watch it, it's ok having the highlights up on redtv etc - I just don't like the fact that I'm bombarded with it before, during and after every game I try to watch on redtv. The only saving grace is that sometimes it's so bad it's funny. 

The lassie on Saturday (just googled, Kelly Forrest, current player captain I think) was horrendously clueless, for sure.

For balance though, the other lassie that sometimes has been on (Emma Hunter, manager)  was pretty reasonable in her assessment.

Certainly in no way worse, and in many cases better, than some of the mannies offering their views. 

For clarification (for myself).

Disnae ken:

spacer.png

Kens:

spacer.png

7 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

The lassie on Saturday (just googled, Kelly Forrest, current player captain I think) was horrendously clueless, for sure.

For balance though, the other lassie that sometimes has been on (Emma Hunter, manager)  was pretty reasonable in her assessment.

Certainly in no way worse, and in many cases better, than some of the mannies offering their views. 

Disnae ken:

spacer.png

Kens:

spacer.png

The other one who was on at HT on Saturday, who heads up the Community Trust is Really Disney Ken. But to be fair to her she readily admits that usually and is just there to talk about the community trust, which does a lot of good work.

Disney Ken maybe forgot she was on RedTV and just gave an honest answer that she thought we'd get a draw and given how crap we've been for ages that wasn't a terrible result - obviously she's forgetting we basically need three wins to get top 6 etc. She's been on before and I'd say Saturday was her worst performance by far, she was just rambling on.

I'd rather we just had injured players providing co-commentary or analysis as at least we're making some use of them and they can offer a bit more insight into the players, tactics etc. Devlin should have been on it every week for the past 3 years. Considine should've been on more as he's always quite good, honest and passionate about the game.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Disnae ken:

Loved Bones aff that Star Trek. 

19 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Considine should've been on more as he's always quite good, honest and passionate about the game.

Consie's punditry in previous seasons was fantastic... Much better than the numpties that were being paid to do commentary with their sycophantic bollocks... Red TV is much improved IMO...

On 3/21/2022 at 8:03 AM, RUL said:

Yeah, Emma is pretty good I think, plus a big red so gets involved emotionally which is always good. 

On 3/21/2022 at 8:45 AM, muttonhumper said:

Aye, nice one.

Did notice the Aiberdeen twang, and right enough, she comes across as a dandy.

Heard her say in an interview her son was a hun so she can get to fuck as far as I'm concerned. 

Absolutely clueless about AFC if she's willing to admit that on RedTV.

P45 job imo.

2 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Consie's punditry in previous seasons was fantastic... Much better than the numpties that were being paid to do commentary with their sycophantic bollocks... .

Absolutely !

Fraser Fyvie was the best co-commentator and pundit.  Was obviously biased towards the Dons , but not OTT about it and was also critical when appropriate.And knew what he was talking about without just trotting out banal cliches.

None of the main Red TV commentators  that I’ve heard are any good. Can’t stand Rob McLean whose bias towards the Dons is only because he’s being paid for it. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Consi was maybe asked to stop after expressing his disbelief at some of McInnes' substitutions

Possibly - although I think he has done one this season from memory. I think he also criticised McInnes' game management tactics - sure he said that he would rather we went and tried to score a second goal or something to that effect.

As someone else said, Fyvie is usually quite good.

Worst of all time was Paul Hartley the time he yawned literally every 2 seconds. Was quite funny I guess.