Miles Storey

What's the deal with the transfer windows/contracts and our European game? Does the window open 1st July? Do most contracts run until 30th June?

You would think it would be in Swindon's best interests to release him from his contract today if amicable between all parties.

I note the Jambos were sniffing about as well, feck em..

You would think it would be in Swindon's best interests to release him from his contract today if amicable between all parties.

I note the Jambos were sniffing about as well, feck em..

Even if they did that, is the rule not that you have to be released during the windows to be able to register with the FA? It's all so confusing. :(

What a time to be alive. Presumably the end for Shank the tank then?

Can't help but feel this boy might be Mackie 2.0 but hope I'm wrong. Good to see McInnes making a real statement of intent by getting things done early. In deek we trust.

Even if they did that, is the rule not that you have to be released during the windows to be able to register with the FA? It's all so confusing. :(

Think you can be released at anytime from contract but cannot play for a 2nd team within same jurisdiction (SFA) in same season although I presume they have cut-off dates as to when season is officially over in registration terms - feck knows really.

Happy with this.

Striker was not necessarily a problem position (McInnes insistance on 4231 formation and Rooney's 50+goals in less than 100 games) but having a big enough squad was a problem and hopefully this means we have Rooney, Storey, Shankland and Stockley for next season.

Gives us different options and time for Shankland to develop further.

Rooney will be first pick but the others should be involved regularly so they are sharp to be depended on when required

Although primarily this lad is a striker he will be comfortable on the right and left wing in some matches possibly particularly when we are looking to stretch defences

Yeh that's the way I saw it. Seems a direct replacement for Church. McInnes was keen to play Church/Rooney together but didn't get the chance to do it as often. Storey probably a much cheaper option wage wise than Church.

Isn't Shinnie an immovable obstruction incapable of having a bad game........??

Think he went right off the boil 2nd half of the season and not afraid to say it.

Although stats are often meaningless, I think Storey and Stewart are very comparable. Storey has two more goals than Stewart but 7 fewer assists, HOWEVER, from the listed 29 (?) crosses he has attempted this season he has an accuracy of 97% which would suggest with a striker like Hemmings (and now Rooney, hopefully Stockley) he would've achieved similar assists to Stewart. Bear in mind also we're getting this guy for free whereas someone like Greg Stewart would've cost around 200-400k...

All in all, a great signing from McInnes I think! :scarf:

Guest RosemountRed

Think he went right off the boil 2nd half of the season and not afraid to say it.

Yeah he did seem to, lost focus or something.