Kids Aberdeen Strips

Guys, just a quick post to anyone that may have any old kids sized strips kicking about the house no longer being worn.
I got a shout from the organisers of the Dnipro Kids charity and they are planning heading over again in October, so asked if i could send across some Dons tops.

I went across last year again (first time since we played them 9 years earlier) and got some kit from the AFCCT lads, which was greatly appreciated when it got handed out. Unfortunately the poor boys and girls are made to wear only Hibs strips if I can't get any.

Anyway, let me know on here and I am thinking I can get a collection point set up in town if possible, if there are enough to be dropped off.
As long as they are in good condition, doesn't matter about numbers or names on the back, just in good nick.

Please see the attached link to read about last years visit I had (October 2016 Parts 1,2 and 3) and also to see some of the older kids wearing the Dons tops I took over.

http://dniprokids.com/news/

• Upvote 5

....,And another thing.., the kind of fanny who -1'd me for that but +1'd the original post are the kind of sanctimonious wankers who boast about their fund raising exploits on Facebook ,instead of just doing it and shutting the fuck up about it.

Wouldn't raise much if nobody knew you were fund raising.

• Upvote 1

Sooper-hanz, I didn't realise that it mattered who actually started the charity does it? Surely the fact that people are trying to make lives of under privileged kids slightly better is a better shout than points scoring, obviously not in your head.

As for being a sanctimonious wanker, thanks for that :swear: Guess thats better than just being a wanker.

Razor, I agree, there are a lot of people in and around Aberdeen that would love strips too, and I would be just as happy to support that charity if there was indeed one to help them.

I know for a fact that the AFCCT do a hell of a lot for local charities and under privileged kids in and around Aberdeen.

Anyway, thanks for the replies lads.

EDIT: PS, I am not on FB....... :cheers:

• Upvote 1

Doha, I dont doubt your good work and wasn't a go at you personally .

The Jack 22 comment was a light hearted joke.'Bants' if you will.

My other comments with regards to SOME folk and their charity activities was definitely not aimed at you .

Sometimes it's best just to say nothing.

Fair play to the lad for the charity work he is doing.

• 2 weeks later...