Ford Maverick

PondHopper

35 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

I'm curious if the Maverick will be available in the UK

Good at flying F14s

On a serious note if there is such a thing on here and to quote a car sales/valuation site called Parkers in the UK

"according to our contacts, there are ‘currently no plans whatsoever’ to sell the Ford Maverick in the UK.

Repeat: there is no Ford Maverick UK on sale date of any kind."

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/news/2021/ford-maverick/

1 hour ago, chief_wiggum said:

Good at flying F14s

On a serious note if there is such a thing on here and to quote a car sales/valuation site called Parkers in the UK

"according to our contacts, there are ‘currently no plans whatsoever’ to sell the Ford Maverick in the UK.

Repeat: there is no Ford Maverick UK on sale date of any kind."

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/news/2021/ford-maverick/

Shame. Handy little thing. I ordered one to avoid the mark up. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It’s also front-wheel drive as standard, and ‘unibody’ construction – which means the whole thing is a single, integrated monocoque, rather than a separate chassis with the body sitting on top. Again, this is nothing like any pickup on sale here right now.

Not my words, @PondHopper, the words of Parkers.co.uk

I drove one. I thought a little unibody pick up might actually sell well in the uk. I ordered the 2 liter eco boost turbo w awd and the 4k tow package. Or 1814 kg if you like. 

3 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I went back 2 years and all I found on cars was a topic for electric ones, so I had to start a new thread.

I'm curious if the Maverick will be available in the UK and if anyone has ordered one?

"With a mere ninety-break-horse-power available,progress of the Maverick is too leisurley to be called fast,but on the motorway in fifth gear it's slow pace becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane,while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long,drawn-out affair"

Not my words Pondhopper, the words of Top Gear magazine.

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

"With a mere ninety-break-horse-power available,progress of the Maverick is too leisurley to be called fast,but on the motorway in fifth gear it's slow pace becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane,while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long,drawn-out affair"

Not my words Pondhopper, the words of Top Gear magazine.

You just done the exact joke I've already done. 

FFS. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You just done the exact joke I've already done. 

FFS. 

On 12/19/2021 at 11:54 AM, Sooper-hanz said:

"With a mere ninety-break-horse-power available,progress is too leisurley to be called fast,but on the motorway in fifth gear it's slow pace becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane,while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long,drawn-out affair"

Not my words Euan, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I did it first on the 19th.

FFS