For or against the A.W.P.R.?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For or against the A.W.P.R.?

• For
    • Against
    • For, but wrong route
    • Brown

speaking of holland nad edinburgh.

what the f**k is the point of a tram line in edinburgh?

last time i was there the place was a shamblems, just putting in a tram.

they should look at foreign civil eng projects to see who to do it properly.

I lived in edinburgh for 5 years. The project was a shambles then and it is a shambles now - there's no need for a tram.

However they did look at look at projects abroad, that's why Bilfinger Berger were given the principal contract.

Everyone should just stop being lazy b*stards and cycle/walk to work! Most European countries put Britain to shame with their cycle lanes and public transport. Over half of Britons outside the capital have a work journey time of under 15 minutes, and the average distance travelled by UK workers is 8.5 miles! You can cycle 8.5 miles in around 40 minutes! I think a lot of people are put off cycling due to the roads and of course the weather!

The bypass is needed, but we shouldn';t forgot about ways to prevent people from taking their cars in the first place! prevention > cure (as one of the top 10 Fringe jokes says!)

Cycling = great if you live close enough and the weather is good, and the route is safe

Bus = Great if you are on a bus route, the times are decent and they reduced the prices.

Car Sharing = Great if you start and leave at the same time as someone everyday and you know someone who lives close by. Pain in the ass if they have to work late or visa versa.

Train = Expensive, not that many stations close by but would be ideal for speed if there were.

Aberdeen council are c**ts, they try and tell people they should be using public transport, but the transport costs are attrocious! Then they increase the f**king parking prices, then they introduce new parking in areas that were free before, then they increase the paying hours to 8pm so you can't just nip into town after work for shopping and get parked for free.

I don't know the exact route of the bypass plan, just that it would be really handy for when travelling up home past Inverurie. Being able to avoid Aberdeen and it's many roundabouts (there's more there than in Dundee now I think...) would be a great thing. Plus with the new stadium... it just needs to happen.

• 6 months later...

BBC News

The Saga could be nearing conclusion.

Weel done to those NIMBYs for wasting everyones time and money

Campaigners trying to prevent the construction of the Aberdeen bypass have lost their legal challenge.

The 28-mile Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR) was originally given the go-ahead by Scottish ministers in December 2009 after a public inquiry.

William Walton, from protest group Road Sense, lodged a legal bid to block construction of the £400m road.

A judge rejected that and Mr Walton then appealed against the decision.

The appeal, before judges in Edinburgh, was heard in December.

Road Sense argued the process of route selection was "fundamentally flawed and unjust".

However, many business leaders in the area support the scheme.

The appeal went ahead after it was agreed Mr Walton's costs would be covered, win or lose.

The full appeal ruling will be released later

Between the bypass, Trump golf course, 3rd bridge for Bridge of Don, anti runway extension protestersand even to an extent the Union Terrace gardens idea i've actually lost the plot. Ok maybe the 3rd bridge is a bit much but the other things are examples of things that will help our city. We are still stuck in the 20th century and will never improve if all these plans are thwarted.

Absolute joke!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I made is point in the utg thread but i used the term settler and was branded a racist

I have no fear of foreigners. What i was trying to say is that i'm fed up with people who have lived in england say for 40 years and aberdeen for 2 years now think of themselves as the local voice and try and protest against everything.

The main campaigners against the bypass, trump, utg, 3rd crossing aren't local or students.

I have no fear of foreigners. What i was trying to say is that i'm fed up with people who have lived in england say for 40 years and aberdeen for 2 years now think of themselves as the local voice and try and protest against everything.

The main campaigners against the bypass, trump, utg, 3rd crossing aren't local or students.

Random numbers plucked from your head, but never mind....

Maybe these people come from a once beautiful area and have seen it destroyed by insensitive developments and greedy builders making shit houses and would hate to see it happen here too?

Maybe, they have your best interests at heart, despite your antithapy toward them?

I have lived in Abuldeen the majority of my life - I should have more of a say than a guffy cunt, or an Aiberdonian who's fucked off then came back.

My say is: Meh, care - will believe it when I see it.

What about someone who is older than you- do they deserve more of a say than you do?

Personally, I think someone who has chosen to make a home here, rather than being here through the accident of birth deserves an equal say.

It's called democracy.

If the majority back the development, it should go ahead: I'm really meaning the gardens here- the bypass is a given.

No-one deserves a say more than me.

But I'm giving my 'saying rights' away because I'm not bothered, so here Dandyesque - have my say, it's now yours.

You now hold the best say in Aberdeen.

Cheers. I already had the 2nd best say, so now my say is worth that of at least 10 others.

Bypass - aye.

New Gardens - nope

Trump - nope. Unless the windmills are approved, then aye, just to laugh at the cunt.

Cheers. I already had the 2nd best say, so now my say is worth that of at least 10 others.

Bypass - aye.

New Gardens - nope

Trump - nope. Unless the windmills are approved, then aye, just to laugh at the cunt.

Our new proposed stadium should be just about approaching the protest stages aswell now.

Far to many threads on here descend into bickering about nonsense.

Aside from that, thank god this saga is almost over. Sick to the back teeth of NIMBYs objecting to every attempt to improve Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. There is a long list of projects that have been delayed for no good reason this being the most important one. He says in the report he might appeal to the supreme court, take the hint you fud, you lost, live with it.