Pittodrie Pies Today

The service is atrocious at Pittodrie, particularly when they have guys working behind the kiosk unable to speak English or understand how to count Sterling.

Then when you do get the pie, it sticks to the foil container and you lose half of it and it's impossible to eat without a fucking fork.

Add in the weather, the wait, the dire 0-0s with the likes of Partick and it's a pretty lousy experience for £30+.

Your first line is something that really gets on my ample tits.

I find myself shouting at the useless cunts such is their incompetence.

As for spending money on upgrading the kiosk facilities. :hysterical:

They use what looks like two old Kitchen units with a worktop on top in the south stand pop up kiosk.

It's a fucking shambles.

The service I received from the African gentleman in the kiosk beside Y last wednesday could only be described as lackadaisical.

We should draft in those guys from marmaris to serve kebabs, pakoras, pizza slices - they deal amicably on saturday nights with the alcohol fuelled clientele so should cope nae bother

Amazes me the amount of folk who need to eat at the football.

Agreed. They know the queues are ridiculous, and the food is shite, yet still moan like fuck about the food and the queues. Bizarre.

Survival min. Eat a hot pie and a bovril or freeze to death.

I haven't had a pie this season yet.

Still here

i don't understand why, in addition to the kiosks, they can't send sellers into the stands with insulated packs selling hot pies (exact change only)?

sell what you have through the stands and go back for more. they'd cut the queues at the kiosks a fair bit i'd imagine as well as making it easier for fans to get pies.

I would fear for the chocolate faced man in the Y given the racism I was hearing last week at the Partick game

Hibs have pretty much the perfect catering model... all we really need to do is copy them:

- Have more, better-staffed and larger food kiosks

- Much better selection of particularly hot food, things like pizza slices, hot dogs etc

- Wandering sellers during the match like LGIR suggests.

I was at ER for the game against Falkirk just before Christmas, and their catering kinda puts ours to shame. Which is a bit of a farce when you consider where the two clubs are at, finances and footballing-wise.

Ajax have the best system.

I was thoroughly impressed by the system they employ in the Amsterdam ArenA

It's the same system in pretty much every decent sized stadium in the world.

We've got smart cards to get into the ground, why can't they be used to buy things?

You ask for a pie, you swipe your card, they hand you a pie. Takes 15 seconds.

I swear at Schalke they served 60,000 pints this way in 14 minutes.

Guest the shepherd

Hibs have pretty much the perfect catering model... all we really need to do is copy them:

- Have more, better-staffed and larger food kiosks

- Much better selection of particularly hot food, things like pizza slices, hot dogs etc

- Wandering sellers during the match like LGIR suggests.

I was at ER for the game against Falkirk just before Christmas, and their catering kinda puts ours to shame. Which is a bit of a farce when you consider where the two clubs are at, finances and footballing-wise.

Hibs has the best catering I have ever been to including the grounds I have been to abroad. Well staffed, great food and fantastic value, you can't ask for much more than that (well you could but you can blame that on the scum of the old firm putting paid to the option of buying a beer at a game here).

Service is shocking like. Has been for years. I missed the whole of the first half of the Motherwell game when they beat us to 2nd on last day of the season standing in the fucking queue.

To make matters worse, the pie was fucking shite.

Biggest game of the season (league wise) and you wanted to stand in a queue for 45 mins?

As said above. I just cant understand why people are so desperate to eat something at Pittodrie.

It's the same system in pretty much every decent sized stadium in the world.

We've got smart cards to get into the ground, why can't they be used to buy things?

You ask for a pie, you swipe your card, they hand you a pie. Takes 15 seconds.

I swear at Schalke they served 60,000 pints this way in 14 minutes.

Their blacks are better than ours. Rubbish. Must be the cold here.

Biggest game of the season (league wise) and you wanted to stand in a queue for 45 mins?

As said above. I just cant understand why people are so desperate to eat something at Pittodrie.

Genuinely didn't think the queue would take that long. Plus I was getting for everyone I was with. Could still see, just a restricted view. Lesson learnt though I get my scram when j enter the ground now.

Genuinely didn't think the queue would take that long. Plus I was getting for everyone I was with. Could still see, just a restricted view. Lesson learnt though I get my scram when j enter the ground now.

Luckily, you didn't miss anything. Whole game was a fucking pish way to end the season.

The service is fucking horrendous, at the partick game I was in the rds, stood in queue before game no lie didn't move at all for ten minutes, the guy being served had two hot drinks that was it,

Another annoyance is when a whole family queues, say mum. Dad and however many children they have produced, yet while one of them places the order with dinghy lips behind the counter, the other members who are a queue decide they are in that queue for no other reason than to be unsure of what they want, despite the list of offering being exhibited, at the kiosk and having been stood with everyone else for ages , they have elected NOT to use the down time constructively by deciding on advance of reaching the point of being served, and then hum and hae about what to have,

Then upon finally deciding their role in this queue lengthening and time wasting exercise is over,

They leave one person to order and pay for the stuff, all this time remaining in the queue as it lengthens considerably,

They then decide that they will play a far more productive and positive role in the exercise by carrying said consumables to wherever they happen to be Sat,

Here's an idea cuntos, one person queues, right?

One person waits OUTWITH the queue at a practical distance for speeding up the task, with a view to hauling the stuff back to the remaining family members who are at their specified seats awaiting the return of the stuff,

Ok that would help everyone's enjoyment of the whole sorry process