Peter Pawlett - Diver Extraordinaire.

Don't care if it's a part of the modern game... It's a shite part of the modern game. If a player dives, opposition players should be allowed to line up and boot him until his fall is justified. I want to see a game won with skill, not by some fucking arsehole without any. I've been to rugby, ice hockey and shinty matches this year - seen players smacked over the heads with pointy wooden sticks and crushed by 15 fat fucks - and on each occasion it's been a matter of pride for the player in question to get up and get on with it. Football is becoming an embarrassment by comparison. Pawlett's in serious fucking trouble if he thinks his career is going to progress with this pish.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure I am that concerned with Pawletts actions. He does however put himself at risk of a backlash from SPL officials, who need little excuse to brandish cards. You have already seen it from Craig Thomson after he (wrongly) gave us that penalty against Hibs.

So If the shoe was on the other foot and say it was 0-0 and harkins dived to get a penalty Broon would run on and tell the taker to put it out for a goal kick then take off harkins WOULD HE FECK!!

He would take the points and give a wry smirk during the post match interview and say That's football.

If anyone can show me any clip during broons career where he rebukes mcmoist, the stench or whatever clowns he played with for diving to gain advantage then I'll apologise to him personaly.

Yes it's embarasing for paulett, the club and for us but it's not up to broon to fuel some unprecedented weeja media witch hunt against the boy,

The SFA will punish him and I would hope Mcinnes, billy stark and Craig Brown will have a word in his ear too.

But to say that incident put scumdee down is complete hunc@unterry in the extreme

• Upvote 1

A two game ban seems like punishing Pawlett for the referee's mistake - had it been picked up in the game he'd have got a booking. When the likes of Commons goes down for Celtic (I'll pick on Common's as when he plays for Scotland all he offers is the ability to fall over!) we're told he's clever, but when Pawlett does it we're told he's a horrible person and there is a witch hunt to punish him! I think we should appeal the two game ban and point out various other dives this season (even this weekend!) that have gone unpunished retrospectively. Finally, Billy Dodds was laughable on the TV discussing it - Billy was a master at throwing himself to the ground and the only difference between him and Pawlett were his attempts were more realistic so he probably practiced it more.

At two match ban? Is that a joke? If the referee sees him then it's only a yellow card offence. At what point does a yellow card offence carry a two match retrospective punishment? Was already on a yellow card, or is it because he's a repeat offender?

It's to try and cut out diving.

Pawlett has already had a 2 match ban after diving against Hibs

I remember Aluko got one for diving for the old huns

AFC say

"The action the Club has taken does in no way mean we are not backing our player. While there was undoubtedly contact in the incident, we feel we would rather draw a line under the situation. The trial by television and subsequent coverage in sections of the media had almost sealed Peter's fate and as a result it was felt an appeal would have been fruitless."

I still canna believe the stick that McGinn got for his celebration.........how many times had the child neglector done that to us when hes scored and "its just a bit of banter because the fans were booing him"

F*ck me when that scrawny b*stard Kerr scored for us and milked in front of the SS (pathetic and laughable as it was ) we were told he had every right to because he had been abused by the fans and he was just getting his own back.

It would have been interesting had Dundee won, cos you just know that Bummer would have given the fist pump to the AFC fans ..........would that have been discussed to death on Sportscene?

One thing is for sure.

Sportscene fairly went to town on him.

As they did with McGinn and his celebration.

Opposition players celebrate with that hands to the lugs pose all the time.

Never see any sort of fuss aboot them like.

Cunts.

Having only now watched the Sportscene piece on the game I'm stunned at how much trouble they went to to dig up "previous" for Pawlett and then let Thompson and Dodds have free shots at him without once mentioning either;

a) to Thompson, about his team mate Goncalves winning a penalty against Celtic with a dive and getting a two game ban, only about 4 weeks ago,

or,

b) to Dodds, about his heated argument with Traynor on the radio on Sportsound when he stated something along the lines of "I never cheated but if I felt contact, I don't care what anyone says, I'm going down [in the penalty box]"

Would of been interesting to hear the pundits views on those points.

• Upvote 2

McInnes stands up for Pawlett.

A change from Softy Broon, who would undoubtedly agree with the Weegia slaughtering our player.

Well done, McInnes... although I'd have liked to see an even stronger, more belligerent response towards this pish that even our own fans are falling for.

• Upvote 2