Wimbledon Tennis

Konta, moved to uk age 15

Edmund, moved to uk age 3

Evans, top 100 in the world.

What's your point? British Tennis has improved on the back of Murray's success. Nae sure how you can argue that.

Apologies. My fault for not going back far enough in the thread. Thought the LTA were being bigged up for improvements in British tennis, which I can't have. That others are inspired by Murray's success, that is undeniable. British tennis overall is still shit. Always will be, ala my original comment. If someone wants to offer up Davis Cup success as a defence, it's a nothing contest as you only need two decent players to win that. Hardly a guide as to which is the best nation. I would like to see Davis Cup increased to include a team of seven. That would give a better indication of which country is best at tennis. Maybe continued failure would help get rid of the tosspots who run the game here.

Apologies. My fault for not going back far enough in the thread. Thought the LTA were being bigged up for improvements in British tennis, which I can't have. That others are inspired by Murray's success, that is undeniable. British tennis overall is still shit. Always will be, ala my original comment. If someone wants to offer up Davis Cup success as a defence, it's a nothing contest as you only need two decent players to win that. Hardly a guide as to which is the best nation. I would like to see Davis Cup increased to include a team of seven. That would give a better indication of which country is best at tennis. Maybe continued failure would help get rid of the tosspots who run the game here.

Fair do's aye I agree it's less to do with the LTA and more to do with Murray's success but there's definitely been a fairly significant improvement.

British tennis is a hunner times better than it used to be.

Or should I say Scottish tennis?

MURRAY - the ONLY world class player we have learned the game abroad. Hee haw to do with British tennis being improved. Without him what is left? I like Edmund, very aggressive style but he's not threatening to win any of the slams, he's not even a Henman "close but no cigar" type yet. The wummins game has Konta who is getting towards being a Henman type but that's it. Just finished reading a Murray interview where he himself stated that the system has been broken for a long time.

MURRAY - the ONLY world class player we have learned the game abroad. Hee haw to do with British tennis being improved. Without him what is left? I like Edmund, very aggressive style but he's not threatening to win any of the slams, he's not even a Henman "close but no cigar" type yet. The wummins game has Konta who is getting towards being a Henman type but that's it. Just finished reading a Murray interview where he himself stated that the system has been broken for a long time.

My point stands.

Not only is it a hundred percent better than it was , but also due to Andy Murray the profile of the game in this country has been raised significantly and may yield more world class players in future.

good prediction @@Clydeside_Sheep.

Konta wins Sydney open, Evans in final, Murray in doubles final. Edmund in top 50

@@robbojunior.

Your analysis is unfair, I said British Tennis would be back to the doldrums after Murray's days are over.

That wont be for a few years yet. I don't and have never disputed that British Tennis is currently riding high on Murray's back.

• 5 months later...

Just not convinced by Murray. IMO he simply can't win the title playing like this.

Agreed.

I wouldn't discount Federer at all-too much class and still has all the shots.

Nadal is probably favourite,and there's Djokovic still in too.

Everything points to Murray coming up short,hip injury,not playing great-but it's Wimbledon...