when will we get it, or will we get?

Money seems to be the main gripe from the SPFL for getting it (though most of us know it's fear of reducing corruption ;) ) but it will have to be introduced eventually.

Problem is though with all the shite from the stands this season getting a bit more press. Mostly from the arse cheeks as per usual, it has to be said.

We will likely end up spending any cash on extra cameras for the stands rather than the pitch.

Said it often enough. Don’t understand why we won’t trial it for free using existing live coverage first.

Big screens up.

Replay the fkd up calls by refs to humiliate them during rest of game.

I am aware they are not allowed to do this during games for fear of trouble for poor calls but this only highlights the need for VAR really. The fact they fear showing a replay of potentially mistaken decision by a ref to the crowd at the game.

If the ref isn't sure, he blows whistle then asks for VAR. easy peasy. Far better reliability rate than JUST a ref & fourth official, or linesman.

Clearly the arse cheeks would be against such a dramatic shift in reliability from officials.

Agreed with the bias and it would fuck the Weegie fucks more than is but it has been a total farce so far.

Bad enough watching on tv let alone in the stadium when you don’t have a fucking clue what the ref is checking whether or not a goal that you just fell down the stairs celebrating might be chalked off.

Should have someone watching on VAR and if there is a clear blatant fuck up from the ref immediately tell him in his ear. If there is any debate just fucking play on with how the ref called

It.

What?

You don't think losing a game and potentially cups and leagues because the rules have actually been enforced is being held accountable?

In theory yes. But in practice it will just be another compliance officer debacle. The person watching the footage decides which incidents to alert to the referee. What could possibly go wrong?

The compliance officer bs/3 man anonymous panel was a farce from the very start. As soon as they introduce the word ANONYMOUS in there you know it is simply another form of bias/corruption/control.

VAR is a hard one for them to cheat with. Yes there is still some cases where there is room for error/debate (as the WC proved) but as a whole there is no hiding during a game for blatant mistakes that are easily picked up on in video replay, rather than as it is now where we are given the old 'swings & roundabouts' shite after the game.

• Upvote 2

Wasn’t there a World Cup match where the ref made a blatant mistake and the stadium producer played it back on the big screen and the ref refused to change his mind? Might’ve been in Korea or something, but I’m sure FIFA changed the rules on playback on big screens after that :laughing:

VAR isn’t going to cost a fortune as they try to make out, you honestly telling me that in this day and age with technology available two or three cameras couldn’t be set up to cover an area for debatable decisions?

• Upvote 1

Wasn’t there a World Cup match where the ref made a blatant mistake and the stadium producer played it back on the big screen and the ref refused to change his mind? Might’ve been in Korea or something, but I’m sure FIFA changed the rules on playback on big screens after that :laughing:

VAR isn’t going to cost a fortune as they try to make out, you honestly telling me that in this day and age with technology available two or three cameras couldn’t be set up to cover an area for debatable decisions?

Vaguely remember something like this with Spain. Spanish players surrounding the ref pointing up to the giant screen.

Christ no. Rude health. Spectator numbers are up (because we’re all too stupid to know it’s because the Tim’s are actually turning up again and because the Kilmarnocks of this world are giving them multiple stands) viewing numbers are up - see above plus old firm wankey chat blah blah - and Stephen Gerard’s here ergo it must be good for all of us. Bonuses all round Mr Doncaster.

In theory yes. But in practice it will just be another compliance officer debacle. The person watching the footage decides which incidents to alert to the referee. What could possibly go wrong?

i'm not against VAR, but I do tend to agree with aberdeen1970.

Depends who is operating the VAR what is brought to the referees attention and if referees are currently showing deliberate bias to the arse cheeks then getting them to re-look at an incident isn't likely to make them change their mind.

Issue still remains with VAR that there appears to be no accountability for incorrect decisions made by referees and until that changes VAR will just remain an expensive waiste of time.

Christ no. Rude health. Spectator numbers are up (because we’re all too stupid to know it’s because the Tim’s are actually turning up again and because the Kilmarnocks of this world are giving them multiple stands) viewing numbers are up - see above plus old firm wankey chat blah blah - and Stephen Gerard’s here ergo it must be good for all of us. Bonuses all round Mr Doncaster.

So the games a bogey..... like I said.

Players would be told to stop swearing, and I guess the only way to stop it would be to start dishing out cards. Would soon stop it. But I dunno, we don't want to end up like rugby and calling the referee 'sir' and what not.

If they earn it they can be called sir with respect

If they don't they can easily be called sir with great contempt

I agree though.

All sir cuntos