Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Graeme Shinnie.....

GMS harder to replace than Shinnie.

Certainly on this seasons evidence.  I'm quite shocked at how good GMS has been this season.  I didn't think he was capable of such consistency in performance. Every week he's one of our best players. Easily our most creative player- we've been very over-reliant on him creating something, going forward.

• Upvote 1

@mr john

Shinnie's not my type darling, but appreciate the heads-up.

:happy:

</gay mode>

I'd like to see us try a different midfield set up, Shinnie's alright, but he gets first pick in there because he's captain.  How are we without him on the pitch and who fills in?  Ball and Ferguson?  Do we bring in one of our dropped CMs (Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey)?

• 1 month later...

To play devils advocate, is it a disaster if he leaves?

He's no Kenny McLean in terms of quality. We would definitely need to replace his drive in the middle of the park though. And Dean Campbell will be a year older, looking to break through...

We will struggle to replace Shinnie. He's never injured, has great drive and determination and has been a very good captain for the club. He's a different type of player from McLean. But when you see who McInnes bought to replace McLean and Rooney it worries me that the same thing happens when he tries to replace Shinnie.