New Stadium Approved

I don't know what a mortgage on however tens of millions of pounds we end up borrowing would be but presumably the money each year we're saving on not maintaining Pittodrie anymore would at least take the edge off of those monthly payments.

What's AFC's credit like? 

Of course it will happen

Just because you don't know how to raise 50m doesn't mean businessmen dont

Took Milne 15+ years to "raise the money" to pay off the debt that hung around our neck like a millstone.  But yeah i'm sure he'll manage to conjure up £50 million +   :laughing:

Pie in the sky.  Long overdue training ground is built and we're staying put at our spiritual home.  Happy days

• Downvote 4

There's absolutely nothing wrong with operating with debt, so long as the repayment terms are manageable.

As long as the cash we generate from the increased revenue available to us from the new training facilities and stadium, and from the reduced maintenance costs of newer facilities, is more than the cash expense of the repayments then it's perfectly credible we could fund a decent sized mortgage to build the stadium without impacting the playing budget.

Took Milne 15+ years to "raise the money" to pay off the debt that hung around our neck like a millstone. But yeah i'm sure he'll manage to conjure up £50 million + :laughing:

Raising the money isn't just down to Milne though.

Are we honestly going to go through all the names on the board and claim they're all clueless when it comes to business and investment?

They probably need to raise £25m minimum. The sale of Pittodrie adds more to that and the club have always planned to have a manageable debt so don't think they plan to or feel they need £45m in the bank before starting.

Considering they raised £12m for the training ground (and didn't do it by cost cutting either - they actually increased their own costs by making the decision to add a hybrid pitch), I don't think it's that unrealistic the club can raise double that over the next two years.

• Upvote 1

Raising the money isn't just down to Milne though.

Are we honestly going to go through all the names on the board and claim they're all clueless when it comes to business and investment?

They probably need to raise £25m minimum. The sale of Pittodrie adds more to that and the club have always planned to have a manageable debt so don't think they plan to or feel they need £45m in the bank before starting.

Considering they raised £12m for the training ground (and didn't do it by cost cutting either - they actually increased their own costs by making the decision to add a hybrid pitch), I don't think it's that unrealistic the club can raise double that over the next two years.

Maybe the upcoming sell out crowds for the birds team and their champions league prize money can pay for it  :laughing:  

Apparently the architects have been changed, according to someone who was at that Q&A thing last week. The same people who designed Brighton's stadium and Liverpool's new stand.

According to the same fella, club have recently visited Gent, and plan to visit Spurs & Atlanta soon.

Be interesting to see if the design of the stadium changes, though I think it's more likely they'll be looking at things they can include within the stadium to maximise income.

Apparently the architects have been changed, according to someone who was at that Q&A thing last week. The same people who designed Brighton's stadium and Liverpool's new stand.

According to the same fella, club have recently visited Gent, and plan to visit Spurs & Atlanta soon.

Be interesting to see if the design of the stadium changes, though I think it's more likely they'll be looking at things they can include within the stadium to maximise income.

Not sure what they could glean from Spurs and Atlantas mega structures that would be relevant to what we'll be building.

Would rather they were visiting Austria Vienna, Groningen, Young Boyr Bern etc. rather than pie in the sky visits to Atlanta.

Would rather they were visiting Austria Vienna, Groningen, Young Boyr Bern etc. rather than pie in the sky visits to Atlanta.

They've already been to Groningen.

As per last post, they're likely visiting to see how they maximise their income from the stadium rather than actually copying the designs.

They also might be looking at boring stuff. ie Tottenham (and Gent) operate shuttle buses. Atlanta are currently building a pedestrian bridge.

Though if Aberdeen announce a 60,000 capacity stadium with a retractable roof and a wrap around TV screen, which houses their own brewery and has a 100 yard long bar, then I'll take that all back.

• Upvote 2