New Stadium Approved

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Keeping the new stadium at the beach would be a huge boost for the city centre.

Pubs,food,shops would benefit.

Personally I think at least one of these shopping centres needs to go.

Aye too many shopping centres now. 

The Trinity is mostly empty as well now but benefits from being semi connected to union Square. 

I think the Bon Accord is the nicest looking centre though out of all of them ironically. Hopefully will be repurposed for some else. 

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

They’d struggle to build a couple of schools for £150m so this is all absolute garbage, political grand standing.

What really needs to happen is the people who approved and allowed union square to be built need to be fired. End of.

What did they think would happen to the city centre?

There needs to be an independent infrastructure and planning committee created who’s sole objective is to protect, plan and build a city - not make decisions based on political news bites.

What a bunch of absolute cunt clowns

Union square was bad enough, to then go and build that carbuncle across from Marshall College is a hanging offence 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Flatten Norco house and the Bon Accord centre and sell the land for housing. Gets more folk living in the centre which in turn should increase footfall in shops, cafes, pubs etc. Offer the few remaining shops in Bon Accord cheap rates on Union street and get the charity and mobile phone shops to fuck 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Totally agree.

Off the top of my head I remember 2 pipe dreams by the council that never went any further.

An oil rig down at the beach to be used as a museum.

A monorail running from the centre , round the harbour and down to the beach.

I'm sUre there's lots of others.

Lol you’ve been watching too much Simpsons. Don’t think a monorails been suggested anywhere but on this site (as a laugh)

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Union square was bad enough, to then go and build that carbuncle across from Marshall College is a hanging offence 

Aye, that must be close to the most fucking retarded effort from ACC in their shameful, fucked up, gluepot history.

An absolute abortion of a site.

Witless fucks.

Just now, muttonhumper said:

Aye, that must be close the the most fucking retarded effort from ACC in their shameful, fucked up history.

An absolute abortion of a site.

Witless fucks.

Nae only that - they're on the hook if the place bides empty which it undoubtedly will.

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Totally agree.

Off the top of my head I remember 2 pipe dreams by the council that never went any further.

An oil rig down at the beach to be used as a museum.

A monorail running from the centre , round the harbour and down to the beach.

I'm sUre there's lots of others.

Was there not a plan to build a chairlift from Torry directly into the City Centre?

Council bufoons, you couldn't make up some of the shit that goes on down at the Town House

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Was there not a plan to build a chairlift from Torry directly into the City Centre?

Council bufoons, you couldn't make up some of the shit that goes on down at the Town House

A zip line. Poles and drugs would have got to the city centre quicker. Was a goer until the dolphins in the harbour complained. Dolphin cunts!

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Joe pike said:

I heard some shocking stat the other day that more than half the shops won't be re-opening in BA Centre, or along those lines. It's been dying a slow death for years now. I'd offer up very low/attractive business rates and incentives to get Union Street full again. As you say, the 'mall' approach is what really started the downturn of Aberdeen city centre in my opinion. I don't think the Council accept just how at risk Aberdeen is.... so many businesses closing including oil related. Places like Altens turning into a ghost town with Hess and Amec buildings blootered recently. Scary times.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

I heard some shocking stat the other day that more than half the shops won't be re-opening in BA Centre, or along those lines. It's been dying a slow death for years now. I'd offer up very low/attractive business rates and incentives to get Union Street full again. As you say, the 'mall' approach is what really started the downturn of Aberdeen city centre in my opinion. I don't think the Council accept just how at risk Aberdeen is.... so many businesses closing including oil related. Places like Altens turning into a ghost town with Hess and Amec buildings blootered recently. Scary times.

The problems for all city centres is that a good chunk of office type workers will never work in the city centre again, they’ll be working from home permanently. 
Or at best, maybe a couple of days a week. 
City centre shops will lose a huge percentage of footfall permanently. 

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The problems for all city centres is that a good chunk of office type workers will never work in the city centre again, they’ll be working from home permanently. 
Or at best, maybe a couple of days a week. 
City centre shops will lose a huge percentage of footfall permanently. 

I'm not so sure. That's the obvious mood music now, but it's not practical in the long term. Humans are made to interact. If you work at a call centre - then sure, you may find that option is a viable one. But I'm not buying into this rhetoric that's being pushed in order to follow some narrative. I know where I work (a large O&G operator), they don't feel the need to continue this WFH practice unless entirely necessary. There's been lots of things said and reported over the last 16 months that just don't stack up - without factoring in the virus. Vaccine passports and never working from an office just two of note. Next they'll be saying we don't need fans in stadiums - we can all log in remotely from home with our own wee speaker system hooked up to where we would normally sit. Bonkers. Get folk back to how we used to live and don't lap up the brainwashing.

35 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I'm not so sure. That's the obvious mood music now, but it's not practical in the long term. Humans are made to interact. If you work at a call centre - then sure, you may find that option is a viable one. But I'm not buying into this rhetoric that's being pushed in order to follow some narrative. I know where I work (a large O&G operator), they don't feel the need to continue this WFH practice unless entirely necessary. There's been lots of things said and reported over the last 16 months that just don't stack up - without factoring in the virus. Vaccine passports and never working from an office just two of note. Next they'll be saying we don't need fans in stadiums - we can all log in remotely from home with our own wee speaker system hooked up to where we would normally sit. Bonkers. Get folk back to how we used to live and don't lap up the brainwashing.

A lot of people prefer it & will want a hybrid of office & WFH. 

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hoovering, dusting and stuff. Why pay someone with a basic education 30k and pension to work from a laptop and phone in uk?  Their jobs are going to Bangalore. 

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

We did a Survey at work with the 78 people currently working from home. Nobody wanted this to continue full time not one person, 48 wanted to go to a half and half model and 30 want back to the office full time

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Strange lot. Fuck paying to travel & commute to work.

Aye, cause locked up i my house for 13 months has just been a fuckin holiday! You can't work as efficiently from home and managers know that. Some call centre type places already talking about webcams at home as they know folk are skiving. The whole philosophy of WFH has been designed by those who are simultaneously trying to reduce global warming and populations through restrictions. Fuck the lot of them. The World maybe had some issues prior to 2020 but it certainly didn't need root and branch changes.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Aye, cause locked up i my house for 13 months has just been a fuckin holiday! You can't work as efficiently from home and managers know that. Some call centre type places already talking about webcams at home as they know folk are skiving. The whole philosophy of WFH has been designed by those who are simultaneously trying to reduce global warming and populations through restrictions. Fuck the lot of them. The World maybe had some issues prior to 2020 but it certainly didn't need root and branch changes.

You can work as efficiently at home, assuming you have access to systems, communication etc. 

I have been, no bother.

No commute. Saves about 40 hours per month & a heap of hassle. 

Give about half those hours back in work, & the other 20 hours to myself.

So more productive work-wise & more time to myself. Win-win. 

Each to their own & it’s not for everyone,  but I far prefer it. 
And if I want to meet pals on a Friday night for a few beers I’ll go in to the office then.

38 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You can work as efficiently at home, assuming you have access to systems, communication etc. 

I have been, no bother.

No commute. Saves about 40 hours per month & a heap of hassle. 

Give about half those hours back in work, & the other 20 hours to myself.

So more productive work-wise & more time to myself. Win-win. 

Each to their own & it’s not for everyone,  but I far prefer it. 
And if I want to meet pals on a Friday night for a few beers I’ll go in to the office then.

A bit off topic.... but there's no way on Earth a WFH policy is workable in the long term. Do we say, ach it's too much hassle to travel to school, to college, to uni in a similar way? Commuting is just a way of life. Does it bother you that you have to a 4-5 hour round trip to watch an Aberdeen away game? Working practices have been built on both professional and social interaction for decades, if not centuries. The World seems to have lost it's marbles. Virtual team building with shite like beer tasting events via Zoom. Get a grip!

12 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

A bit off topic.... but there's no way on Earth a WFH policy is workable in the long term. Do we say, ach it's too much hassle to travel to school, to college, to uni in a similar way? Commuting is just a way of life. Does it bother you that you have to a 4-5 hour round trip to watch an Aberdeen away game? Working practices have been built on both professional and social interaction for decades, if not centuries. The World seems to have lost it's marbles. Virtual team building with shite like beer tasting events via Zoom. Get a grip!

Like I said, each to their own.

Half the folk I work with I can’t be arsed with anyway ?

I work better on my own. 

I’ll tie in my appearances in work with pub trips with pals. 

• Dildo 1
On 4/16/2021 at 9:02 PM, Tinyweelad said:

Got one of those coming up. Are you telling me it's going to be rubbish?

• 2 weeks later...