#31 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Article is well written and makes some good points.

However the best point has been made by redtillidie

What is the plan if Calderwood goes? Maybe Mr Grant should ensure that he can answer this question before he tries to incite more regime change.

It's certainly an question that no-one seems to have provided and satisfactory answer to yet.
Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#32 OFFLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

Article is well written and makes some good points.

However the best point has been made by redtillidie

What is the plan if Calderwood goes? Maybe Mr Grant should ensure that he can answer this question before he tries to incite more regime change.

It's certainly an question that no-one seems to have provided and satisfactory answer to yet.

:o Cheers......
That's the whole thing that's missing from the 'debate' and I've asked it many,many times and have yet to receive any answer of note to date. By all means vote for change with your feet/voice/keyboard bravado, but..........

A WHO DO YOU WANT?
B ARE THEY AVAILABLE?
C WOULD THEY BE MAD ENOUGH TO TAKE THE CHALISE?
D WILL WE BE HERE AGAIN WITH JC'S REPLACEMENT.............. ABSO****ingLOUTLEY......... :thumbs:

#33 OFFLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Has anyone told Cornhill that a heap of patients have escaped?

:thumbs:
Thank gawd ave got mah Tenna's on the nite.................

#34 Guest_LondonScottish_*

Guest_LondonScottish_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

:o Cheers......
That's the whole thing that's missing from the 'debate' and I've asked it many,many times and have yet to receive any answer of note to date. By all means vote for change with your feet/voice/keyboard bravado, but..........

A WHO DO YOU WANT?
B ARE THEY AVAILABLE?
D WILL WE BE HERE AGAIN WITH JC'S REPLACEMENT.............. ABSO****ingLOUTLEY......... :thumbs:

Maybe if you tried using the "SEARCH" option you might find some very interesting debate on potential new managers........

#35 OFFLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

Think he's FAN E actually...

As long as it's not FAN Y, don't like them mingy thinies, meat n two veg always........ xx

#36 OFFLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

Maybe if you tried using the "SEARCH" option you might find some very interesting debate on potential new managers........

Miaow!
:thumbs: Potential........ahh, but non of the questions answered oh Cockney Great..................... :o

#37 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

Yeah lots of debate, but no real solid solution.

#38 ONLINE   Jocky Balboa

Jocky Balboa

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts
  • Joined 23-March 08

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Great article and very well written.

Now, can we just get on the phone to McGhee?

"In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

“A lie can make it half way around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on” - Mark Twain

#39 Guest_LondonScottish_*

Guest_LondonScottish_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Yeah lots of debate, but no real solid solution.

Which parts of Mark McGhee or John Hughes or Billy Davies are you struggling with? (in that order)

#40 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

Which parts of Mark McGhee or John Hughes or Billy Davies are you struggling with?

Well i've read the posts and im not the only one who has said Billly Davies hell no, or lots of other fans who questioned McGhee's ability manage clubs for longer than 1 season.

Likewise John Hughes has done ok - but hasn't proved frigg all yet.

Even if we could agree on one of them - you're assuming they would come to us.

People want Jimmy out because they want an improvement on just top 6, but none of those managers have done anything to suggest that they would be capable of getting third every season or winning a cup.

Don't get me, wrong if you told me Sir Alex was coming back I'd pay for JC's taxi fare. But with any of these three guys we wouldn't get any better than top six and possibly third once in a while.

Then again maybe they wouldn't play Bossu because of some stupid gentleman's agreement :thumbs: Why Jimmy? WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 OFFLINE   Virgin Don

Virgin Don

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Joined 06-March 08

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

Miaow!
:( Potential........ahh, but non of the questions answered oh Cockney Great..................... :dontknow:

I think after Thurs one of the potential candidaites might become available and am sure if offered will come to Aberdeen as he has applied for the job before so would seriously consider it. :thumbs:

All managers run there course unless you are SAF and he is an exception. JC has gave us some really good highs but along the way has also produced some howlers of results. No manager that i can think of has kept his job after some of the results we have had. Yes we are not taken the hammerings from Celtic or Huns under him but taken 3 or 4 from teams like DU, Killie, Hearts and Hibs to me is just as bad as the hammerings from OF. :o

His time should be over at pittodrie.
CHEEKY GIRLS LADETTES ARE IN TOWN!

#42 Guest_LondonScottish_*

Guest_LondonScottish_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Well i've read the posts and im not the only one who has said Billly Davies hell no, or lots of other fans who questioned McGhee's ability manage clubs for longer than 1 season.

Likewise John Hughes has done ok - but hasn't proved frigg all yet.

Even if we could agree on one of them - you're assuming they would come to us.

People want Jimmy out because they want an improvement on just top 6, but none of those managers have done anything to suggest that they would be capable of getting third every season or winning a cup.

Don't get me, wrong if you told me Sir Alex was coming back I'd pay for JC's taxi fare. But with any of these three guys we wouldn't get any better than top six and possibly third once in a while.Then again maybe they wouldn't play Bossu because of some stupid gentleman's agreement :o Why Jimmy? WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye right. :thumbs:

#43 ONLINE   I Dream of Electric Sheep

I Dream of Electric Sheep

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Joined 15-July 08

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

:( Cheers......

A WHO DO YOU WANT?
B ARE THEY AVAILABLE?

A: Eric Black :bounce: , Mark McGhee :dance: Or as wild card options Darren Ferguson :o , Lee Richardson :dontknow:

B: Don’t know we would have to ask

C: Again don’t know we would have to offer them the job, but if you don’t ask you don’t get.

D: Possibly but if we stay with JC we keep the bi-polar performances, failure in the Cups and just missing out on Europe. Thus keeping JC is accepting mediocrity brining in a new manager shows ambition.

Ultimately just because JC is better that the worst managers the club as ever had does not mean that we cannot do better. Aberdeen should always be aiming for improvement, keeping JC and not looking at the options above MHO show a complete lack of ambition by the club.

Edited by I Dream of Electric Sheep, 28 September 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#44 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,515 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

All that is needed is a manager who knows what he is doing.
Jimmy tampers with the team, dropping the wrong people, playing
people in positions the have proven they cannot play in, dislikes a settled
formation, etc etc

A new manager would just have to be putting out the best available
players in positions they are comfortable in and results would take care
of themselves.
There is the nucleus of a decent squad in place - we just need someone
who knows how to be a good coach not someone who simply blames all
others for his own inability.

#45 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

A: Eric Black :( , Mark McGhee :dontknow: Or as wild card options Darren Ferguson :thumbs: , Lee Richardson :o

B: Donít know we would have to ask

C: Again donít know we would have to offer them the job, but if you donít ask you donít get.

D: Possibly but if we stay with JC we keep the bi-polar performances, failure in the Cups and just missing out on Europe. Thus keeping JC is accepting mediocrity brining in a new manager shows ambition.

Ultimately just because JC is better that the worst managers the club as ever had does not mean that we cannot do better. Aberdeen should always be aiming for improvement, keeping JC and not looking at the options above MHO show a complete lack of ambition by the club.

Personally I think we should do better, but don't think any of the suggested replacements could.

Every week i look at the so called good managers in the SPL (JC included) and see their teams lose to pish like Gretna, St Mirren, Hamilton, Killie etc and think WTF is going on!!

Maybe the financial GAP is just not big enough - I dunno. BUt Messers McGhee, Hughes, are all prone to the same sort of pish results as JC (it's just that the people on here who want them choose to gloss over this)

By all means sack JC but don't insult the man by suggesting any of these second rate SPL managers to be his replacement.

#46 OFFLINE   Sonic

Sonic

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Who would think we would possibly know who our next manager would be? It ain't our choice!

#47 Guest_LondonScottish_*

Guest_LondonScottish_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

Personally I think we should do better, but don't think any of the suggested replacements could.

Every week i look at the so called good managers in the SPL (JC included) and see their teams lose to pish like Gretna, St Mirren, Hamilton, Killie etc and think WTF is going on!!

Maybe the financial GAP is just not big enough - I dunno. BUt Messers McGhee, Hughes, are all prone to the same sort of pish results as JC (it's just that the people on here who want them choose to gloss over this)

By all means sack JC but don't insult the man by suggesting any of these second rate SPL managers to be his replacement.

Why do you think they're second rate? Which parts of their tarck records aren't you happy with?

#48 OFFLINE   Bobby Connor

Bobby Connor

You are a boring F**Cunt!

• Admin
  • 15,993 posts
  • Joined 21-December 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

Who would think we would possibly know who our next manager would be? It ain't our choice!

That's it in a nutshell.

All I know is what is and isn't good enough. Right now it ain't good enough, ergo the manager has to err... GO!
Posted ImageDAYS OFF THE BOOZE - 0DAYS OFF GAMBLING - 13516MINUTES OFF SMOKING - 30

#49 ONLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

A: Eric Black :bounce: , Mark McGhee :dance: Or as wild card options Darren Ferguson :thumbs: , Lee Richardson :dontknow:

B: Donít know we would have to ask

C: Again donít know we would have to offer them the job, but if you donít ask you donít get.

Did any of those thoughts occur whilst partaking in a TMWTM in foreign climes? :o

Fact is, any of the 'Chosen Ones' will have the same budget/ same crowd revenue/ same expectation levels/same Stadium/training facility issues.
Ever since Alex Smith was hounded out so brutally, we've teetered on the brink and now find ourselves in a mini league for a cup chance/ third place alongside all but the Glasgow mob. Calderwood WILL turn our current form around, no question. Calderwood will go at some point, no question.
Will the next encumbent face the same levels of abuse?..... if he stays off the sunbed/ on the slim fast and doesn't originate from Glasgow, maybe- well for a wee while anyhow :(

#50 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • 21,515 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

Every village has one.

But Inverurie is overloaded.

:sheepshag:

#51 OFFLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Every village has one.

But Inverurie is overloaded.

:sheepshag:

GAWD, THE OL ONES ARE ALWAYS THE BEST................................. :wave: That your best Tom?

#52 OFFLINE   I Dream of Electric Sheep

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Joined 15-July 08

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

Your point about the results other managers are getting is a good one.

However the problem I have with JC are the constant bi-polar performances. IMO these are a result of poor man-management, motivation and tactics, consequently I believe that JC has failed to get the team to achieve its potential time after time. I believe that we have a very good team, better that most in the SPL (outside the OF) and have done for the last few season.

The reason I want JC replaced is because I believe that it is the only way the team will reach its potential; for me Eric Black is the man to be given the opportunity.

#53 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • 21,515 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

GAWD, THE OL ONES ARE ALWAYS THE BEST................................. :sheepshag: That your best Tom?

Ach min, you ken i'm only being serious.

Get Well Soon :wave:

#54 OFFLINE   redtillidie

redtillidie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined 06-August 07

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

Ach min, you ken i'm only being serious.

Get Well Soon :sheepshag:

Am nae touchin that grapes ye taine in though, ye kane ah prefer plums xx

#55 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

Eric Black - Motherwell finished 11th in the season he managed the majority of. Was sacjked from coventry.

McGhee - as yet unproven. Joint on points with AFC at the moment - which according to the Jiggers is unnacceptable. Sacked from Wolves and Brighton

Darren Ferguson - Only been managing since 2007 - did well in league two - but record is not proven enough for a club of AFC's size. Being called Ferguson is not a qualification.

Lee Richardson - if he actually had a managerial record other than Chesterfield then i'd tell you. Ddin't they get relegated?

Levein - Do i even have to go into his record. but a starter for 20 would be the number of games in a row without a win!

Davies - Was sacked from Motherwell. Has done ok in championship. Unsurprisingly didn't do well in EPL. NOT a fans choice - as can been gauged by reaction to the recent rumours.

#56 OFFLINE   Suave

Suave

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 01-December 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Did any of those thoughts occur whilst partaking in a TMWTM in foreign climes? :sheepshag:

Fact is, any of the 'Chosen Ones' will have the same budget/ same crowd revenue/ same expectation levels/same Stadium/training facility issues.
Ever since Alex Smith was hounded out so brutally, we've teetered on the brink and now find ourselves in a mini league for a cup chance/ third place alongside all but the Glasgow mob. Calderwood WILL turn our current form around, no question. Calderwood will go at some point, no question.
Will the next encumbent face the same levels of abuse?..... if he stays off the sunbed/ on the slim fast and doesn't originate from Glasgow, maybe- well for a wee while anyhow :wave:

You don't half talk some mince. After Alex Smith was quite correctly sacked for being 6th and out of all the cups to inferior teams (sound familiar), we then finished 2nd in all competitions the next season. You sound like a loon who wasn't even born then and have picked up all your knowledge from reading the daily record history re-writes.

I don't want Jimmy out because he's Glaswegian or overweight. I want a new manager because it is clear that our results are unacceptable and he hasn't shown that it can be turned around. Same as Smith.

#57 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Your point about the results other managers are getting is a good one.

However the problem I have with JC are the constant bi-polar performances. IMO these are a result of poor man-management, motivation and tactics, consequently I believe that JC has failed to get the team to achieve its potential time after time. I believe that we have a very good team, better that most in the SPL (outside the OF) and have done for the last few season.

The reason I want JC replaced is because I believe that it is the only way the team will reach its potential; for me Eric Black is the man to be given the opportunity.

The inconsistent performances are annoying. But Coventry sacked Black for "being inconsistent". Well according to Wikipedia that is http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Eric_Black

#58 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • 21,515 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Utilise the squad properly and anyone could do the job.

#59 ONLINE   I Dream of Electric Sheep

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Joined 15-July 08

Did any of those thoughts occur whilst partaking in a TMWTM in foreign climes? :sheepshag:

Will the next encumbent face the same levels of abuse?..... if he stays off the sunbed/ on the slim fast and doesn't originate from Glasgow, maybe- well for a wee while anyhow :wave:

You are a pessimist and you are terrified of change. You can’t see things improving so you stick with JC and mediocrity.

I and others believe that things can improve if we had a better manager, but I am optimistic.

Also it must be noted under the AF era the training facilities were the beach during low tide. New shiny training facilities are much needed. But the determining factor in a successful team is the ability of the manager. JC is lacking as a manager, he is not the worst but he is poor when it comes to man-management, tactics and improving moral. Thus we need a new manager, JC has taken the team as far as he can.

TMWTM I have no idea what the abbreviation is :laughing:

Edited by I Dream of Electric Sheep, 28 September 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

You speak so much tripe I actually think you are just trying to wind folk up. The 'chosen ones' you go on about are suggestions that all seem pretty reasonable to me. Yes they would find themselves with the same issues like training but the whole point of a new manager is to provide a new approach, they will look at different players to sign, have different contacts, different tactics and maybe, just maybe they will be better than the tired only dross that Calderwood serves up and has been serving up for about 18 months to 2 years. The simple fact is that Calderwood has not shown in anyway that he will take us forward from where we are now. You say he 'will turn our form around, no question'. What exactly makes you think that? We have been rank rotten for ages. There are only a handful of individual games last season where we were actually any good. The season we beat Hearts into third was built on a strong defence and that was due massively to Russell Anderson, rock all to do with Calderwood. The signings he has made have been mostly dross with the occasional decent one thrown in. As for the 'if he is not from Glasgow' jibe. Away and **** right off with that. I couldn't care where Calderwood was from, I hate him because he is an embarrassment to our club every time he stands on the touch line ranting like an idiot, or comes out in the press speak complete tripe blaming everyone but himself. The Glasgow thing is nonsense, most of the greats of our history are from Glasgow so GTF and get a decent argument.

As for 'no one has come up with an answer'? WTF do you want people to say? A 15 point plan for the future of the Dons? I'll tell you the simple plan I would have, sack Jimmy, sack Willie Miller, Milne GTF. Encourage some new investment, sort the stadium issue, invest heavily in new training facilities and youth set up, employ any one of a number of the managers suggested on here regularly and have them get rid of the dross that has infected the club. Start dishing out free tickets to under12s in the local schools and try to fill the stadium on a regular basis.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users