Aberdeen V Hearts

I think all fans my age must feel this a bit. When i think of Aberdeen i think of McKimmie, Robertson, Wright, Snelders, Grant, Bett, Gilhaus, Simpson, Connor, Cooper, Jess, Booth. Even van der Ark.

You might have good players now. But do you REALLY have that connection? Something's changed and it's for the worse. Who's name would you get on the back of your son's top?

I'm in a melancholy mood. Summed up by Djoum and Stockton.

I think all fans my age must feel this a bit. When i think of Aberdeen i think of McKimmie, Robertson, Wright, Snelders, Grant, Bett, Gilhaus, Simpson, Connor, Cooper, Jess, Booth. Even van der Ark.

You might have good players now. But do you REALLY have that connection? Something's changed and it's for the worse. Who's name would you get on the back of your son's top?

Most kids want Barca/Real/PSG tops now anyway.

Changed times indeed.

Your not 12 anymore mate, and by the sound of it a bit depressed with life in general. There's your answer.

I don't even need to go that far back

Zerouali was only one I've ADORED

Lee Miller too and that's it

I think you just enjoy football more at a specific age

Notable mentions to isaac osbourne and bisco

Think you must be too young to appreciate the really good players we've had.Im afraid that lot you mentioned are way down the pecking order where's Scott Muirhead!

I realise that injuries/illness will play a large part in team selection but the set-up of this side and how we start the first 10-15 minutes could tell us a lot about ow McInnes sees his side.

Hearts are one of the better sides [i know where they are in the league], if only for their win over Celtic.

If we are set up to take the game to them in the initial stages then it's clear that DM sees us as a top-class attacking side.

If were are sent out to 'cushion their blows' then it's clear that he doesn't.

What's interesting reading this thread is that most of us have no idea what we've got yet!

Most of us[?] are yet to be convinced by the play even though our results ave been largely great.

I don't want to back against the team but I feel that if we don't get a decent result then we will have a more productive winter break - when we play well before a break we tend to emerge from them slightly 'flat' - that's my feeling anyway.

• Downvote 1

I realise that injuries/illness will play a large part in team selection but the set-up of this side and how we start the first 10-15 minutes could tell us a lot about ow McInnes sees his side.

Hearts are one of the better sides [i know where they are in the league], if only for their win over Celtic.

If we are set up to take the game to them in the initial stages then it's clear that DM sees us as a top-class attacking side.

If were are sent out to 'cushion their blows' then it's clear that he doesn't.

What's interesting reading this thread is that most of us have no idea what we've got yet!

Most of us[?] are yet to be convinced by the play even though our results ave been largely great.

I don't want to back against the team but I feel that if we don't get a decent result then we will have a more productive winter break - when we play well before a break we tend to emerge from them slightly 'flat' - that's my feeling anyway.

Whilst I agree with what you say Im not sure weve got 2 formations in us.

Think it's more than the team on the park and results. Just don't feel a connection anymore. It's just really boring and drab. Jumped about at the Celtic game. But still something missing now. Budge is part if it. Jesus pose in front of the stand being typical.

Is this not a bit disrespectful to Mrs Budge for what she's done to steady the ship at your club?

Lived way beyond your means trying to hang on to the Glasgow clubs coat-tails, now you also have a nice looking new stand which will increase revenue year on year going forward.

She's more than entitled to pose 'Jesus like' outside it.

Where do you think the £4.5m came from?

Genuinely don't know. Edinburgh is small and secrets are hard. But no idea. Some rumours couple of asset management guys. Lord Roseberry. Budge herself.

I think needs to be questioned where they were when we were on our death bed. Nowhere. So personal view? I think this is a hard investment rather than an angelic benefactor. I wouldn't be surprised if she's sold our naming rights. What else can we sell? So buy rights for a few million and anything you make is yours there after. You could then go on to make your money with a 20 year deal for the Tennents Main Stand or whatever. Interesting our main stand still doesn't have a name. Should be the Dave Mackay stand. End of.

But in short. Don't know.

Modern day football is fucked because of one single thing going - money.

Although I have been a life long dandy and top Don,I agree with WHS in that I don't feel that great a 'connection' anymore with football in general.

Probably to do with the fact that I am now an adult with kids of my own more than anything but I stand by my claim that money is the single factor that is / has ruined football.

Moan over, will be in the Merkland today (3 x generations of the FFS'S heading along) minding my language hoping we stuff the hammer throwers 2-0 (Rooney x2).

He'll do his hearing some damage holding a gun close to his ears like that.

looks like it'll be a good crowd today, approx 17,001 by my reckoning.

I'll be there, but if too cold, I won't. Fuck off.

Theres only around 1800 tickets left for the home sections. Not sure how many Hearts will bring up with them today hopefully over 1000.

Should be 17,500+ crowd today.

Genuinely don't know. Edinburgh is small and secrets are hard. But no idea. Some rumours couple of asset management guys. Lord Roseberry. Budge herself.

I think needs to be questioned where they were when we were on our death bed. Nowhere. So personal view? I think this is a hard investment rather than an angelic benefactor. I wouldn't be surprised if she's sold our naming rights. What else can we sell? So buy rights for a few million and anything you make is yours there after. You could then go on to make your money with a 20 year deal for the Tennents Main Stand or whatever. Interesting our main stand still doesn't have a name. Should be the Dave Mackay stand. End of.

But in short. Don't know.

Seems to be same story these days,it wouldn't matter who was in control at a club fans are never happy,always want more.