See we're getting a bit of stick for the attendance today.

That doesn't fuss me, but there must be more incentive to get fans to get to Pittodrie on days like that. Sky high prices for a fixture lacking in magnitude. No offers or deals I was aware of.

Less than 8,000 on a Sunday afternoon really is poor poor stuff.

Cup games are difficult because the other team has to agree on everything. So 'deals' end up coming straight out of the host clubs pocket. In a situation like today when a lower league club plays a Premiership, they are going to want to hold to as high ticket prices as they can. There's no incentive to them for us to sell tickets to this for a tenner, or children tickets for a pound.

Not sure what the answer is though, if the rule about splitting revenue isn't changed.

Cup games are difficult because the other team has to agree on everything. So 'deals' end up coming straight out of the host clubs pocket. In a situation like today when a lower league club plays a Premiership, they are going to want to hold to as high ticket prices as they can. There's no incentive to them for us to sell tickets to this for a tenner, or children tickets for a pound.

Not sure what the answer is though, if the rule about splitting revenue isn't changed.

Give them tickets to sell as they wish

Or just don't care how many people go to a low key early round cup game. It's never gonna be a seller at £10 or £20.

Or just don't care how many people go to a low key early round cup game. It's never gonna be a seller at £10 or £20.

I wouldn't say I care (although I'd take a bigger crowd over smaller crowd all other things being even), I'm just trying to explain why the club didn't do anything to sell extra tickets, even though they were obviously aware the game wouldn't sell that well.

Cosgrove - Brilliant movement and header for his goal. Should have had a hat trick. Seems to be going from strength to strength

May - Anonymous.

Stewart - Tries things. Most of them never came off. Wasn't very good, bar his wee flick at McGinns goal.

Lewis - Didn't have much to do.

Shinnie - Nowhere near the level he was at for the Rangers game. 

Ferguson - made some good runs and always willing to have a go at goal

Logan - meh.

Lowe - Great going forward, a bit suspect at the back, particularly when he got skinned in the box.

Considine - Great header. Did his job effectively, without having a huge amount to do.

Hoban - as above, but without the header.

GMS - Wasn't great. See Shinnie. 

McGinn - Brilliant. I said midway through the first half that this game was crying out for McGinn as he's good at retaining the ball and making intelligent passes to break teams down. Seems that McInnes had the same thought process.

Wilson - Made some good runs. Wasn't on long enough to make much of an impact.

Devlin - See Hoban. 

Other points - First half was a load of bluster with no end product. The defense should have done better at their goal. Yes, it was a great hit, but we REALLY need to stop allowing the opposition so much space in that area. It's something we've been bad at for years now.

Got approached by some kids outside the Dick Donald and asked if I wanted to give my opinion on the game for "Aberdeen Fan TV".  Assumed it was some sort of reverse-paedophile trap and politely declined.

Is this a new thing?

I saw heaps of video from 'Aberdeen Fan TV' on youtube when I was searching the other day...

Cosgrove - Brilliant movement and header for his goal. Should have had a hat trick. Seems to be going from strength to strength

May - Anonymous.

Stewart - Tries things. Most of them never came off. Wasn't very good, bar his wee flick at McGinns goal.

Logan - meh.

Lowe - Great going forward, a bit suspect at the back, particularly when he got skinned in the box.

Considine - Great header. Did his job effectively, without having a huge amount to do.

McGinn - Brilliant. I said midway through the first half that this game was crying out for McGinn as he's good at retaining the ball and making intelligent passes to break teams down. Seems that McInnes had the same thought process.

Devlin - See Hoban. 

Other points - First half was a load of bluster with no end product. The defense should have done better at their goal. Yes, it was a great hit, but we REALLY need to stop allowing the opposition so much space in that area. It's something we've been bad at for years now.

No chance with the goal but produced a great save top right just before half time. 

May - Anonymous.

Logan - meh.

Devlin - See Hoban.

GMS See Build up to Dobbies goal for details. He should be destroying teams like these.

Stewart Cul de sac after cul de sac. Doesn’t seem to trust his team mates to make the runs so goes himself instead. Mcginns first goal, the return to Cosgrove being the honourable exception.

May. Too good a side in too high stakes to carry passengers just now. Have said and will continue to say the same about McGinn. Difference being a clearly rankled McGinn comes on with a point to prove and does so. Joe Lewis is a bigger goal threat than May. In games like these Stewart suits the #10 role better surely. And in “chase and Harrie” games Celtic proved he doesn’t have the legs to do it anyway.

GMS See Build up to Dobbies goal for details. He should be destroying teams like these.

Stewart Cul de sac after cul de sac. Doesn’t seem to trust his team mates to make the runs so goes himself instead. Mcginns first goal, the return to Cosgrove being the honourable exception.

May. Too good a side in too high stakes to carry passengers just now. Have said and will continue to say the same about McGinn. Difference being a clearly rankled McGinn comes on with a point to prove and does so. Joe Lewis is a bigger goal threat than May. In games like these Stewart suits the #10 role better surely. And in “chase and Harrie” games Celtic proved he doesn’t have the legs to do it anyway.

Mikey Stewart (I think) made the point after the game that if we are going to play the 4-2-3-1 system then our best starting team would appear to be the one which finished the game yesterday i.e. McGinn and GMS wide, with Stewart in the hole behind Ballon d'Or. Have to say that I agree, though with the caveat that McGinn needs a rocket up his arse to motivate him sometimes. Perhaps not being an automatic starter in recent weeks has given him this... good news for us if so. 

If you did not know the actual score, some would think we lost on based on some of the comments in this thread; instead we won 4-1 and booked our place in the quarter finals again. 

In terms of the first half:  It was probably a mental let down after a tough and disappointing Rangers result (Thought we deserved a draw at worst, if we had a little more favourable officiating).  Attendance was only 8000+ against a non premiere club and the physical match from earlier this week probably took its toll too. Also give some credit that the non premier league team looked very motivated.  Forum whipping boy McGinn was the difference maker as a largely unmotivated side needed a spark.

Way to much obsession on Cosgrove missed sitter, if Rangers did the same about their lead striker it would need its own thread for those occurrences. Especially for a match that was already decided by that point and someone who already had a brace. 

If you did not know the actual score, some would think we lost on based on some of the comments in this thread; instead we won 4-1 and booked our place in the quarter finals again. 

In terms of the first half:  It was probably a mental let down after a tough and disappointing Rangers result (Thought we deserved a draw at worst, if we had a little more favourable officiating).  Attendance was only 8000+ against a non premiere club and the physical match from earlier this week probably took its toll too. Also give some credit that the non premier league team looked very motivated.  Forum whipping boy McGinn was the difference maker as a largely unmotivated side needed a spark.

Way to much obsession on Cosgrove missed sitter, if Rangers did the same about their lead striker it would need its own thread for those occurrences. Especially for a match that was already decided by that point and someone who already had a brace. 

It was just the one goal.  Penalties don't count as per the hat convention 2016.

Hopefully an away trip to the highlands or dundee to follow in the quarters. Hand Celtic the trophy now and give us a good piss up.

+1

Tims at Pittodrie. 

Only way they're getting stopped is an unfavourable away tie in the quarters (us / Sevco / Killie / Hearts) as they are simply too strong at Hampden and by the time it gets to that stage they will presumably have the league stitched up and be gunning for the treble-treble, and right up for it. 

Tims at Pittodrie. 

Only way they're getting stopped is an unfavourable away tie in the quarters (us / Sevco / Killie / Hearts) as they are simply too strong at Hampden and by the time it gets to that stage they will presumably have the league stitched up and be gunning for the treble-treble, and right up for it. 

Yeah, as tough as the tie would be, I'd quite like it to be us that ends their cup dominance. Its a bit ridiculous that they could potentially win every domestic trophy for a third year running. Catch them early then march on to a final showdown with Killie or Hearts.