Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

What Is The Roughest Part Of Aberdeen?

Biding oot in the sticks I've none to often ventured into rough parts in toon, once fitted a kitchen in a flat Victoria road in Torry and the junkies were queuing up outside the chemist 10 to the dozen in the morning, however there did seem to be a community spirit about Torry despite this, there must be rougher places as I never thought it was to bad there being honest? Some folk must hae some good stories?

I don't think you can pick any area and say iis the worst in the city. For oil capital of Europe, there is a lot of deprived parts in the city.

That's the thing though, that title means fuck all nowadays. Supposedly Aberdeen is only behind London for highest average wage. I mean WTF? Are we all earning shitloads like?

oddjob its rubbish min.

ive seen these surveys turn out edinburgh and cambridge also in rhe money stakes.

plainly more money "in" places like edinburgh and the like where house prices are greater for period properties.

same with all big uk cities.

if abdn was a wealthy city; the shops cafes restaurants and bars would reflect that.

Bluto your thinking of Huntly "the family town" aye one big family Huntly is the capital of what I call Dump District, an area that includes Rhynie, Lumsden, Gartly, Kennethmont, Clatt, Cairnie, Foggie Rothiemay, Forgue and the list goes on.

You forgot Banff & a o Buchan absolute shitholes.

I used to think that there were certain areas that were rough but you can now narrow that down to streets. In fact statistics probably show very few areas in Aberdeen show a majority living below the assumed poverty line

Torry as a whole is not really that bad. Balnagask I would say is rough but probably a few streets and blocks of flats are rough. Same goes for Tillydrone & Seaton.

Up Logie / Manor way although it has its fair share of minks wi devil dogs generally is not really a no go zone.

Other cities in the UK have areas that are no go zones, Aberdeen has not. I would say the area up the top end of George Street is heading that way as some of the flats look right dodgy but maybe thats how the locals who live there like it back home in Port Harcourt and Gdansk.

Generally you just need to check 2 things when looking for rough areas

1. The address of the dodger who has just been up in court (the same streets seem to appear on a regular basis)

2. The amount of cars parked on the street, you pass Sandilands Drive and plenty of parking spaces, you pass St Swithen Street and you canny move for SUV's

In short though - Froghall