Aberdeen 2 - 1 Livingston

I've never been convinced Anderson can play up front on his own and lead the line for a team at this level (and I'm still not). But he won more headers than Curtis fucking Main did today and that goal was one of the few pieces of top quality we've seen from anyone this season.

If Anderson doesn't start the next game then McInnes has his head up his arse.

• Upvote 3

Didn't think Main was too bad, apart from failing to connect with a header that would have wrapped up the points for us prior to Anderson doing so a few minutes later.

Hedges has gone right off the boil. He's on the fringes of the Welsh international squad but if he wants to stay there he seriously needs to buck his ideas up. McGinn's pace has gone and at his age it ain't coming back. Expect him to be a bit part player only next season.....wouldn't be averse to offloading him in the summer if he can get himself hooked up with a new club. Logan did ok at left back but it's a bad day when you are hoping against hope that Consi will be fit to play there against Hearts on Sunday.

Just about deserved the points in the end but there is no way that we should only have 46% of the possession in a home game against bottom half of the table dross.

Didn't think Main was too bad, apart from failing to connect with a header that would have wrapped up the points for us prior to Anderson doing so a few minutes later.

Hedges has gone right off the boil. He's on the fringes of the Welsh international squad but if he wants to stay there he seriously needs to buck his ideas up. McGinn's pace has gone and at his age it ain't coming back. Expect him to be a bit part player only next season.....wouldn't be averse to offloading him in the summer if he can get himself hooked up with a new club. Logan did ok at left back but it's a bad day when you are hoping against hope that Consi will be fit to play there against Hearts on Sunday.

Just about deserved the points in the end but there is no way that we should only have 46% of the possession in a home game against bottom half of the table dross.

McInnes’s body language towards Hedges is hugely negative. The arms get thrown about the place and he seems to single him out. Ore than any other player. 

It seems to me he doesn’t rate/trust him and I’d doubt very much if he starts much away from home or at home against the top 6 teams. 

He will go for Gallagher ahead of him in these games and that sums up his philosophy - play the percentages.  I’m nae saying Hedges is a world beater but he’s ten times the fitba player Gallagher ever will be. 

I’ll predict we will try and match Hearts physically, which is exactly what they will want. 

No wonder though

There are similarities with Wilson, hedges blatantly has ability but doesnt do much

McInnes is obsessed with shape, tracking back, matching runs. 

I get this and it is the basics. However, there are more creative players that need the chance to express themselves and he has a track record of not knowing how to use these players or how to get the best out of them. 

You shouldn’t need your more creative players to be first and foremost defensive at home to St Mirren, Hamilton and Livingston. 

As I said, Hedges is no world beater but he is one of the few players in our team that can beat a man and create. 

As he was coming off the park yesterday you couldn’t blame him for thinking the game is a bogey. 

Was a pretty turgid affair. Well worth the win in the end, they offered absolutely nothing and their only shot on target was the goal that I can remember. Bruce took his goal well.

Think in first half McKenna cleared one off the line but yes for all their possession we created the better chances.

Just watched the highlights, two good goals. Livi have dumped that strip for nike, i bet when you washed the old one it would pill straight away, just like my wee cheels 83 cwc pinstripe effort. I did wear it all Christmas though, shorts and socks. Turning up at Pittodrie with my full kit on, adidas l2000 tied round my neck trying to catch the eye of the suits, im ready to go gaffer!

Shit game, but a win is a win.

We're awful to watch though and the highlight for me was watching us, the home team time wasting by running the ball to the corner flag to ensure we won at home to Livingston. I love that we are in the position to do that.

Fucked this game off and had my pals round (proper sultans) for a day in front of amazon prime and wads of booze.

Don't feel bad, the club has my money already. By the sounds of it I made the right call

Good result against an in form Livingston side. I felt overall we were the better side and deserved the win.

McLennan was a real positive. He's produced a few goals and assists against Livingston in the past year.

Fantastic goal by Bruce Anderson. He did very well when he came on however I'm not getting carried away just yet. I feel deserves more game time to showcase his talents.

McKenna was very good again. Thought Main played well although he really should have scored from that cross. He's certainly an improvement on Stevie May.

The Livingston player Dykes is very good. His goal was well taken. Tony Docherty seems to think so too.

Caught him (Dykes not Docherty) having a crafty fag in the lifts in the DoubleTree Hilton pre match whilst the rest of his team mates and manager were sat in the bar waiting to get on the team bus. Was tempted to grass him up to Gary Holt but with it being Xmas and all that decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.