New Car Chat

fine-n-dandy

I'm considering a (nearly) new car at some point next year as I'll have had the current car for 4 years. Currently have an R32 and looking for something a bit bigger as it is only a 3dr and pretty fed up sitting in traffic with what seems like a hole in the petrol tank.

I'm pretty sure I could get a car with better fuel efficiency without compromising on performance too much. I would quite like a Quattro or equivalent as I've become used to it in the Golf.

Anyone got an Audi Q5 who would recommend?

What does that list of cars say about me then?

I never realised Bully Bashing it was so deep.

I said I would pay no heed to the rest of your posts in this thread but I will reply to this one out of politeness (but pointless to keep going after that cos your intention of derailing the thread will then be achieved) & my reply is that it says nothing really. I was asking to check if there were any contradictions to your statement about cars simply being for travel (& no more) from A to B.

Like if there had been any wee sporty carts in your younger days for example.

I would guess that your 4WD's were either work related, or you live in the sticks somewhere, or somewhere that gets a lot of snow but I don't care really.

My opinion on cars differs from yours slightly now cos even though I agree in terms that they are simple & easy ways of traveling from A to B. It is also important (to me) that that travel is reasonably comfortable & if I can afford it, then I will spend the money I deem acceptable for my preference :dontknow:

Where as I used to like cars a lot more & especially enjoyed driving like a tube/maniac cos the roads where I used to live then were fantastic for that but I have since matured (in that sense anyway) & see them as only a means of travel but still a means of travel that I like to enjoy & be comfortable with.

& yes I was good at football also & I do not really like any wheeled sports but have enjoyed the odd Gran prix over the years & also am a keen cyclist but not (admittedly) as much as I used to be. :dontknow:

I shall now refrain from replying to your posts on the matter as they are not part of my reasoning for starting this thread.

:wave:

• Upvote 1

Betty Swallicks might have got something right, but not quite articulated it properly. In my experience people who are heavily interested in motor-sports (and of course I don't mean them all) are not usually also into sports that require coordination. This of course does not include those that compete in these sports, which require hand-eye coordination by the bucketload.

In fact, three of my friends that I can think of that are Formula One fans (i.e. stay up to watch it through the night, attend occasional Grand Prix) - none are interested in football, all have wives that are munters. Not saying it's a rule, but there is a demographic there.

As for being interested in the car you drive - I used to love having a nice car - I only show disinterest now because of the type of car I now own. Once the wee one is grown up and the wife and I have seperate cars again, I'll have a decent one and probably show more interest in it (that is, know what it is called and wash it at least twice a year).

Land Rover Discovery.

It's fucking ace, has 7 seats (proper seats) and is like Dr who's Tardis when it comes to luggage space.

The best 4x4 by a country mile although it's big Range Rover brother runs a close second.

Ditto, great car, althought thinking of selling it soon for a porsche C4S circa 03/04 plate, not sure if I will cope with the lack of space for the golf clubs though....

I'm considering a (nearly) new car at some point next year as I'll have had the current car for 4 years. Currently have an R32 and looking for something a bit bigger as it is only a 3dr and pretty fed up sitting in traffic with what seems like a hole in the petrol tank.

I'm pretty sure I could get a car with better fuel efficiency without compromising on performance too much. I would quite like a Quattro or equivalent as I've become used to it in the Golf.

Anyone got an Audi Q5 who would recommend?

I actually think for a 3.2 V6 my R32 is f**king ace, from Alford to the sports village one Sunday I got 40.4 miles to the gallon. Just cruising with no traffic at around 50mph. :thumbup1:

Get between 30-35 mpg in general driving from Alford to work in Westhill.

I actually think for a 3.2 V6 my R32 is f**king ace, from Alford to the sports village one Sunday I got 40.4 miles to the gallon. Just cruising with no traffic at just under 60mph. :thumbup1:

Get between 30-35 mpg in general driving from Alford to work in Westhill.

a lot of gays in alford.

In fact, three of my friends that I can think of that are Formula One fans (i.e. stay up to watch it through the night, attend occasional Grand Prix) - none are interested in football, all have wives that are munters. Not saying it's a rule, but there is a demographic there.

This is true.

How anyone can be a 'fan' of Formula One is beyond me.

It's complete pish.

thats a good all rounder redstar.

sporty and paractical.

the subelty is a good thing imo. classy.

german thunder saloons are definitely the way forward. dont see the attraction with suburban jeeps.

they all make good looking estates too.

Thanks Bloots...Subtle and classy...fu*k all like me then... ;)

Don't answer that Redhand.

There's a good chance Bluto will accost you outside your home one night, with the offer to go down the pub with him, in yet another hilariously misguided attempt at making a solitary friend for himself.

at least my mate isnt also my mum. who is also my brother.

island boy.

Betty Swallicks might have got something right, but not quite articulated it properly. In my experience people who are heavily interested in motor-sports (and of course I don't mean them all) are not usually also into sports that require coordination. This of course does not include those that compete in these sports, which require hand-eye coordination by the bucketload.

The the gype is right, excluding all those that compete at wheeled sports, and most of the rest of us who don't fall into his narrow categorisation?

So basically, he's wrang then? :laughing:

About to start looking at cars to buy next year. Like the Ford Kuga - looking for something with lots of space in the boot, family friendly and economical. Got a Focus ST just now, 19mpg....just not doing it for me.

Waiting for a Mazda CX-5 - same market share as a Kuga but 61 mpg better performance and overall better imo

problem is its been on order since June and don't expect delivery until Early Dec - two main reasons very popular car and some little wave has meant that geeting wheels for it are a bitch apparently which is slowing down delivery

Think one o the Astras was a sxi. Thats aboot as sporty as it gets. Most were diesels.

No niver wanted a better ene. Waste o money.

No niver just went for a drive with no destination in mind. Waste o money.

No niver wanted a nice car. Waste o money.

No niver was a bot racer. Waste o money and time.

So essentially you're jist a grippy hoor who's happier coontin his pennies than doing anything enjoyable with his money?

• Upvote 2

Ta very much!

I'll probably end up regretting it, but sod it. I've always wanted one and can't think of a good reason not to buy one.

As I say I was going to go for a Jeep Wrangler or maybe a VW Scirocco, but you only live once and all that nonsense.

Sat down with the guy at the dealership and went through the spec I would like. Came to AED 140,000 which is just shy of

• Upvote 1