The Mckenna Dilemma

The McKenna strategy is about the only one that is working out. I don't see Aberdeen contending, so they should do whatever maximizes his value in regards to when to sell. If the crazy money is there do it now. If not, wait til summer. Easy decision as what's going on on the pitch doesn't even need to factor in. 

If we can get someone to pay over the odds for him, during the desperation of the English January transfer window, I'd be happy to see him go at this point.

I'll use a @@PondHopper analogy here... in baseball when you get to the mid season trade period and your team is out of contention, your major 'pieces' go 'on the block'.

Same for after the all star break in the NBA. And that's what I'm wondering, is Aberdeen going to be buyers or sellers? 

Currently the team is lacking creative types in midfield and our forwards are truly underperforming as a result.

We have no chance as things stand of winning the Scottish cup - unless we recruit well in January (the toughest transfer window to work in).

In order to do so we'd have to sell Mckenna and reinvest that money back into the squad. Do you sell McKenna and attempt to strengthen the overall squad or do you wait until the Summer and hope the current bunch can improve on performances for the remainder of the season? 

I can't see much activity happening in January for us unless we sell McKenna.

Whats most frustrating is that if we win our games in hand - we are within a few points of second and we have an excellent set of fixtures coming up (mostly played at home). We really need to take advantage of this opportunity.

I see the MT tactics here.

He's arguing with the jokingly higher bids now to make them seem like serious valuations, so he can come back & say 'I told you so' when the £15m, or £10m, or even the £9m isn't met.

All to distract from his original argument of him saying we wouldn't get more than £2m for him which then increased to we won't get more than £5m for him.

He's working his lower valuation up the sneaky twat.