#361 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,418 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:11 AM

Merkland was fun. I'm not convinced there is the appetite to do that 25 matches a season though.

A home draw in the next round would be fine to keep it going.

I'm confused as to why we have Directors saying this could be a thing. Surely the problem with season ticket holders is not going to be resolved

What makes you think there isnt the appetite to do it 25 matches a season?

(Apart from the fact it's unlikely we would have 25 matches at pittodrie anyway in a season)

#362 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

Game was shite to be honest. We seriously lack any creativity whatsoever so hopefully Kennedy can help resolve that.

Only four with passmarks for me were mcgeough, mcginn, ojo and Taylor. Lewis untested so unfair to criticise him i suppose.

We're in the hat for the next round which is the main thing but it was a hard watch. Merkland looked good from the South - hopefully something they look at next season more permanently. However, we need the product on the pitch to keep that enthusiasm from the fans going. Something we aren't currently getting.

Edited by dazzy_deff, 19 January 2020 - 10:13 AM.

Acca 6 Original *****

#363 OFFLINE   dj_bollocks

dj_bollocks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:34 AM

Cosgrove's movement yesterday ( and probably Anderson's but my curiosity was piqued by Ballon D'or) was rank rotten. You're playing a team 2 leagues below you and finally with 2 strikers, you've got to be in and about the 6 yard box. That's the difference between Cosgrove and Rooney - Rooney would have had a field day yesterday with the amount of crosses (and there was plenty of delivery yesterday) that went into that 10-12 yard poachers area. Cosgrove was fannying around nowhere near it. The whole point of having 2 strikers is that your harrying the defence...

McKenna looked like he couldn't be arsed much yesterday either...

#364 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 18,566 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:50 AM

(Apart from the fact it's unlikely we would have 25 matches at pittodrie anyway in a season)

I just feel like I know a lot of fans happy to do it as a one off.

Keeping in mind that we have very little fans who do go to 20-25 home games per year anyway. That pool is probably 6000-8000?

Craig Bryson & Paul Coutts = the dream team

#365 OFFLINE   redone

redone

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 18-November 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:05 AM

Merkland was fun. I'm not convinced there is the appetite to do that 25 matches a season though.
A home draw in the next round would be fine to keep it going.
I'm confused as to why we have Directors saying this could be a thing. Surely the problem with season ticket holders is not going to be resolved

Yesterday’s experiment with the Merkland was clearly a resounding success, so it’d be a massive own goal by the club if they didn’t at least try to make it more permanent.

I’d bet that the vast majority of young kids who usually go to the Family Section but went to a different stand yesterday were wishing they could’ve been in the Merkland , and would want want to go back there to be part of it. I’d guess that number of seats at each side and the front five or so rows of the Merkland that were empty yesterday would be enough to accommodate the Family season ticket holder. The club should investigate the possibility of setting aside enough seats at one one side end of the Merkland for Family season tickets , with the rest being unallocated seating like it was yesterday

#366 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 29,544 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

You use a lot of words to say something really, really obvious that doesnt really need said

I think you think it makes you look learned

It doesnt

It makes you sound simple

Hahaha.

Very true.

#367 OFFLINE   JedTheRed

JedTheRed

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:11 AM

It's not obvious where the family section could go? perfect place is rds lower but there is also too many season ticket holders there (spending 450 on seasons....)

I'm in the RDS Lower and I wouldnt give up my seat

I don't think a dedicated family section is required anymore in modern football.  The majority of the ground would be acceptable and enjoyable for families to sit in.  If the club make sure kids tickets are reasonably priced throughout the ground, then families can sit wherever they want/there are seats.  Any pregame entertainment can be done out the back of the RDS so everyone can get involved if they wish, regardless of which stand they are sitting in.

The only large groups from the merkland they would have to accommodate elsewhere are schools/dons day out/community trust tickets which could go in the main stand at the side?

#368 OFFLINE   JedTheRed

JedTheRed

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

Yesterday’s experiment with the Merkland was clearly a resounding success, so it’d be a massive own goal by the club if they didn’t at least try to make it more permanent.

I’d bet that the vast majority of young kids who usually go to the Family Section but went to a different stand yesterday were wishing they could’ve been in the Merkland , and would want want to go back there to be part of it. I’d guess that number of seats at each side and the front five or so rows of the Merkland that were empty yesterday would be enough to accommodate the Family season ticket holder. The club should investigate the possibility of setting aside enough seats at one one side end of the Merkland for Family season tickets , with the rest being unallocated seating like it was yesterday

Family section and vocal support areas don't exactly seem a good match.  Parents will get upset at the language and not seeing past people  standing etc.

Celtic have the green brigade in the corner and the family stand right next to them between the green brigade and the away support, but that always seems not ideal

#369 OFFLINE   redone

redone

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 18-November 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

I’d bet that the vast majority of young kids who usually go to the Family Section but went to a different stand yesterday were wishing they could’ve been in the Merkland , and would want want to go back there to be part of it. I’d guess that the number of seats at each side and the front five or so rows of the Merkland that were empty yesterday would be enough to accommodate the Family season ticket holders. The club should investigate the possibility of setting aside enough seats at one one side end of the Merkland for Family season tickets , with the rest being unallocated seating like it was yesterday

#370 OFFLINE   redone

redone

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 18-November 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

I’d bet that the vast majority of young kids who usually go to the Family Section but went to a different stand yesterday were wishing they could’ve been in the Merkland , and would want want to go back there to be part of it. I’d guess that the number of seats at each side and the front five or so rows of the Merkland that were empty yesterday would be enough to accommodate the Family season ticket holders. The club should investigate the possibility of setting aside enough seats at one one side end of the Merkland for Family season tickets , with the rest being unallocated seating like it was yesterday

#371 OFFLINE   Dons79

Dons79

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Joined 13-July 17

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:27 AM

Aye yesterday’s experiment? Learn the quote function

#372 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 18,566 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

I like the option of no family section and family pricing available in each stand

#373 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

He probably gets it from attending games. An alien concept to you obviously

Edited by NEM, 19 January 2020 - 01:34 PM.

#374 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 29,667 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

Ferguson was out of order that day. Playing to the galleries. Lost a lot of respect from a few players for that. 

& he publicly apologised for it

You use a lot of words to say something really, really obvious that doesnt really need said

I think you think it makes you look learned

It doesnt

It makes you sound simple

you seem to think you are some kind of guru but in actual fact you are just a complete pleb.

go & wipe yer chin with your ‘word of the day’ shite paper you fkn mong.

you clearly have a lot of issues & something missing in your life. Have you gone to see if you are manic depressive by any chance? You really should because at very least you are moronically depressing 

Ding Dong

#375 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 18,566 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

who was the sub warming up when we scored?

#376 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • 21,246 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:41 PM

Family section and vocal support areas don't exactly seem a good match.  Parents will get upset at the language and not seeing past people  standing etc.

Probably a few 5 year olds got home after the game, sitting down for their tea happily singing about
the referee being such a fuckin penis.

#377 ONLINE   afc1903mad

afc1903mad

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 09-July 19

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:48 PM

A little pedantic perhaps.

This season we'll have 19 league games, 3 European games and 2 Scottish Cup games (so far) with both our league cup games being away.

#378 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 20,223 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

who was the sub warming up when we scored?

Devlin

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#379 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 29,667 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Out of interest. How many competitive matches at Pittodrie each season on average over the past say,,, five seasons?

Would assume it’s around 23, so fair chance there has been a couple of 25 home game seasons in there.
Especially in the season(s) we played three rounds in Europa

Edit since 07/08 season we have played (total matches) competitive a season

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 20 January 2020 - 08:15 PM.

Ding Dong

#380 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 18,566 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Devlin

I thought it was him. Nae sure about the rumours he is sulking - he went big for the pen appeal and big for the celebration

#381 OFFLINE   perthshirered

perthshirered

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

Out of interest. How many competitive matches at Pittodrie each season on average over the past say,,, five seasons?

Would assume it’s around 23, so fair chance there has been a couple of 25 home game seasons in there.

Interested? Im not and I'd hazard a guess that no other fucker is either. Boring cunt.

#382 OFFLINE   perthshirered

perthshirered

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:41 PM

But you are so I've posted it twice more.

Edited by perthshirered, 20 January 2020 - 10:42 PM.

#383 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 29,667 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

Interested? Im not and I'd hazard a guess that no other fucker is either. Boring cunt.

Couldn’t give a shite about your thoughts & feelings on the matter though.

Only posted once because you are irrelevant to me & many

Ding Dong

#384 OFFLINE   brownie

brownie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Joined 01-November 06

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

Email survey from the club.
If you weren't happy with the response from the stewards and the heavy handed approach to something that was in no way offensive then use the survey to let them know.
Same goes for the man in charge of them, Paul Hendry. Use it to let the club know he's a blocker in getting any decent engagement/atmosphere.

Edited by brownie, 21 January 2020 - 05:19 PM.

#385 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 20,776 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Great at doing snooker 

limericks etc..,

#386 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:17 AM

Email survey from the club.
If you weren't happy with the response from the stewards and the heavy handed approach to something that was in no way offensive then use the survey to let them know.
Same goes for the man in charge of them, Paul Hendry. Use it to let the club know he's a blocker in getting any decent engagement/atmosphere.

Wasn't stewards that tried to snatch the banner it was club employees, no doubt on the instruction of the club security.

#387 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Chairman

• Members
  • 20,302 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:20 AM

walk a coffin to his office door 😂

That was my fave Aberdeen related moment this century

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread (Scottish Cup)

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users