Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Shay Logan

7 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

He's always been in the comfort zone with mcinnes, the first sign of a challenge to his position and he has crumbled. If he wants to earn his position back in the team, it's going to be tough because we have a strong squad and his guaranteed start is no longer is a given.

If we are playing a back 4 surely he is playing? Hernandez is not even making the squad but no doubt we would just waste mccrorie there. 

One of the reasons we aren't playing a back 4 is because we have four full backs who, for various reasons, aren't really good enough. Playing a back 4 would really highlight that issue, whereas 3 at the back helps to hide it (Taylor issues withstanding). 

Another reason is that the back 3 allows us to play an extra attacking player of which we have plenty. 

I'm, sort of, a McInnes fan but I don't give him all the credit for the 3421.

He played 3 at the back v St Johnstone to match up against them. He then reverted to 4231 v Livvie.

Then against the Faroes he played 352 as he wanted two strikers on but then Hedges scored the hatrick from false 9 position in the second half. Subbed on at half time for Main who was only good for 45 mins.

The new formation was born.

11 hours ago, tightbreeks said:

Taylor is as slow as. Other teams will target him because of this. He turns like an oil tanker.

It's a bit disingenuous to only highlight Taylor here for his lack of pace. Considine is every bit as slow, especially on the turn. And even Hoban couldn't be described as anything other than pedestrian (although he and Consi to a lesser extent do have "football brains" which allows them to mitigate some of their deficiencies)

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a bit disingenuous to only highlight Taylor here for his lack of pace. Considine is every bit as slow, especially on the turn. And even Hoban couldn't be described as anything other than pedestrian (although he and Consi to a lesser extent do have “football brains”  which allows them to mitigate some of their deficiencies)

Which is more than can be said for tightbreeks if he thinks Willie Miller couldn’t play and  wasn’t a good passer of the ball. 

Willie miller was never the quickest, but he read the game superbly coz he played up front at the start of his career.he knows how to follow striker side on instead of squaring up to him. I'm sure ash taylor knows this, he just needs to bring it on match day.

I saw a team from michael Palins ripping yarns, golden Gordon, it was brighouse! The centre forward wears glasses...during the match. 8 bloody 1. Best football film ever.

36 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

Willie miller was never the quickest, but he read the game superbly coz he played up front at the start of his career.he knows how to follow striker side on instead of squaring up to him. I'm sure ash taylor knows this, he just needs to bring it on match day.

Good luck wi that ash. Fuckin mince.

1 hour ago, tightbreeks said:

No doubt it helped WM a bit in his early development but he was a rolls royce fitba player, thats why he read the game so well. Game intelligence they call it now. Players learn it as they get older, the greats are born with it. Willie Miller was born with it. 

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Cunt is good at making an arse of himself on Twitter, see he posted a pic on the golf course at 3:15pm when the game was on. Sooner we get him off the wage bill the better.

The atmosphere must be completely toxic in the club at the moment. 

Most of the players are either loyal to McInnes and/or leaving in a couple of months. 

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Most of the players are either loyal to McInnes and/or leaving in a couple of months. 

Its nae makkin much difference, they were leaving anyway. So next manager will take in a complete new team and will gel and grow in friendship and score goals. COYRs.

37 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Sheerin pretty much said the young lad Ramsay is ahead of him in the queue for right back as well.

Logan is 3rd choice right back & wouldn’t be on the bench.

There’s no issue with him playing golf as he wasn’t asked to travel. 
It does seem a bit like him saying “fuck AFC, look what I’m doing instead” though. All a bit unnecessary 

44 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Must be a contender for one of the thickest cunts ever to play for the Dons.

Can only think of Mackie and Langfield coming close.

Leighton? Jack? Davie Roberston?

Nae doot missed a few obvious eens.

John Inglis wasn’t the brightest. He made Darren Mackie sound like a Nobel prize winner....

probably did a lot more shagging than Darren though..

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Don’t get the hate.

I’d far rather he was playing golf than playing for the dons these days.

A good servant, but his time here is up.

Aye. 

He's done but has been a good player for us over the years 

Clearly bee telt he's away,  let him have a round at the Hazelhead 9 holer