What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

tup

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

How long does it take to heat and eat the bastard?

We've been waiting three quarters of an hour for the report you promised on the pie you were "away to sample".

Cunt. 

Apologies, was sitting here in a daze brought on from the culinary masterpiece I just sampled.

Outstanding Pie, cramed full of steak and black pudding with the peppercorn sauce finishing it off - well deserved of the hype.

20 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

My folks call Cherrys geans or geens. You're the man on here to confirm if its made up nonsense or an old NE word. 

Ive never heard anyone else refer to them as that. 

I do like a cherry, some fucking monster trees yielding freebies all over Bucksburn. 

Wild Cherry (prunus avium), or Gean is a Scottish native tree with white flowers April - May. Its leaves turn red and yellow in autumn.  Wild cherry will produce deep, red cherries which attract the wildlife. Wild Cherry or Gean Tree can be used as a stand-alone specimen tree or is perfect for hedging schemes, group planting for windbreak as far away as the Scottish Islands.

6 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Well there you have it. Im sure i could have found that out quicker than it took to type this out. 

But thats what keeps us here, the helpful chit chat. 

Aye, you got me looking up the etymology of gean ( which appears to be a Scots word derived from French) and Cherry which is also obviously French ( cherise) but goes back to Latin.   

I'm a geek that way.