Fish And Chips - Where's The Best?

Fishnchips

I remember a good one next to Hampden, can't remember its name though.

The chipper in Brae, Shetland is the best I've ever had, its ruined chippers on the mainland for me now.

Was up there about 5 times last year and you're right it's on a different level to any other chipper I've had.

Great opening song.

Die hard > die hard hard two >. Die hard three

Nonsense.

Die Hard > Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 4 > Die Hard 2 > Die Hard 5

Oh boy what a fucking thread!!!

The rex at Motherwell is the best in Scotland, folllowed closely by the green chipper across from Middletons at Easter Road, there's a decent one at Killie aswell which is backed up by an ace ice cream/sweetie shop, at Hearts there's one on Gorgie road just as you turn the corner away from the ground which is ok but nothing special.

I know the Hearts one you are on about. Its no bad.

The Bay in Stoney is unreal. Not applicable to this thread I would guess.

Mike's Chipper on Menzies Road or the Torry Chipper are the best by far.

I used to live right across from Mikes on Menzies Road, used to be able to see when the queue died down. Not sure if it was away fans or Dons supporters busses, but there used to be a few coaches would stop there after matches

Well, this thread gave me the urge for a chippers, so went to the local, wonderfully named The Codfather, chips to die for.

Anyway, our esteemed ex manager Pele Paterson stotted in behind me, he fancied a fish and chips, and smoked sausage supper.

If you're passing through EH51 give yersel a treat and get a supper oot o Corvi's. Nae re-heats, everything is fresh and the Broon Fish Supper's will gie ye a hard on.

Shut on Wed and Sundays mind and he shuts at 7pm as he opens at 11am.

• Upvote 1

Well, this thread gave me the urge for a chippers, so went to the local, wonderfully named The Codfather, chips to die for.

Anyway, our esteemed ex manager Pele Paterson stotted in behind me, he fancied a fish and chips, and smoked sausage supper.

Must have been pished crazy food orders when hammered

• 2 years later...

Forget gourmet restaurants and gastrofied pubs, the best food experience in the UK costs £7.30 and is served with harbour views. Choosing tradition over trends, Lonely Planet ranked eating fish and chips at number 31 in its Ultimate Eatlist, a new guide to 500 of the most memorable food experiences around the world, and recommended The Bay Fish and Chip Shop in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, as selling the finest in the country.

“Considering the setting, the sustainability and the beautifully cooked fish, is [the Bay] the best fish and chip shop in the world? The constant queue suggests so,” says the guide.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/aug/15/uk-best-fish-and-chips-foodie-bucket-list-lonely-planet-bay-stonehaven