On Loan

Was yesterday against Hamilton a new record for Aberdeen fielding players not fully attached to the club.Freddie Woodman on loan,Ryan Christie on loan,Chidebere Nawaki on loan,Dominic Ball on loan,Greg Stewart on the bench,on loan.Kenny McLean signed to Norwich City and back to Aberdeen on loan ! It is becoming completely and utterly ridiculous. We are like a neighbour that constantly comes round your house for a bowl of sugar. Or a beggar asking for any spare change.Loans are a virus all over Scottish football like a plague.Loan players come in two categories,promising young players that are basically using us and dross that their initial club don't need.

Was yesterday against Hamilton a new record for Aberdeen fielding players not fully attached to the club.Freddie Woodman on loan,Ryan Christie on loan,Chidebere Nawaki on loan,Dominic Ball on loan,Greg Stewart on the bench,on loan.Kenny McLean signed to Norwich City and back to Aberdeen on loan ! It is becoming completely and utterly ridiculous. We are like a neighbour that constantly comes round your house for a bowl of sugar. Or a beggar asking for any spare change.Loans are a virus all over Scottish football like a plague.Loan players come in two categories,promising young players that are basically using us and dross that their initial club don't need.

Interesting. What bracket would you put Christie in?

I think the loan system needs to be changed too. If you can pick a team which has more loan players in it than not then I think the balance has shifted too far.

Can't blame clubs for taking advantage of the rules though.

In our defence, McLean is a funny one in that he doesn't really count as a loan in the normal sense. If Lewis hadn't got injured then we wouldn't have loaned Woodman and we probably shouldn't have loaned Ball in the first place.

Frank Ross.Yet another player on loan and doing well at Morton.We managed to eventually discover that Scott McKenna could play .And maybe show a little bit of faith in Danny Rogers.Seb Ross will be a player.If you like a player,sign him or buy him.Otherwise bring your own players through.Loan players are for emergencies and special circumstances.

It’s obvious the manger doesn’t trust Rogers. Move on

He didn’t exactly look great on Wednesday night for both goals

Are any of the youth better than Christie?

Thank you Zeus,I did some extensive post-match video analysis on the Ross County match (watched the highlights on Red TV as I enjoyed my Saturday morning roll and sausage).Danny Rogers was indeed indecisive for both goals.Hamilton Accies with their 80 travelling fans was exactly the burning cauldron of a huge game for Danny Rogers to maybe restore his confidence and keep a clean sheet. Ryan Christie is a Celtic player,perfectly pointed out earlier cannot play against Celtic.Excellent player,his unavailabilty against Celtic disrupts the team and match preparations.As regards the youth team,I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

It's unfortunately the market we are in. We don't have the resources to splash out money on good players.

Unless we blood a sprinkling of youngsters with the calibre of player like Grassi, Ifil and Stephen Hughes.

We would be shite but at least they'd be our players!

Blame English fitba....

To Ifil,Grassi and Stephen Hughes add a touch of Greg Tansey too.I had completely forgotten about him which says it all.Signed,found wanting,on loan. Spent two years trying to sign him,only to discover he is one of those players who thrives on being the star man at a small club but is mediocre in the Aberdeen midfield. Craig Brown is an old patsy who turns up at Piittodrie in his club blazer 1pm every home game to get fed and say nice things about everyone and everybody.Lot of tosh wriitten about him and how his spell stabilized the club and paved the way for Derek McInnes.Aberdeen were awful under Craig Brown and full of rubbish like Ifil,Grassi and Stephen Hughes.Contacts !!! Craig Brown was the days when Robert Milsom was considered a star.Sunday lunchtime crowds of under 7,000.

To Ifil,Grassi and Stephen Hughes add a touch of Greg Tansey too.I had completely forgotten about him which says it all.Signed,found wanting,on loan. Spent two years trying to sign him,only to discover he is one of those players who thrives on being the star man at a small club but is mediocre in the Aberdeen midfield. Craig Brown is an old patsy who turns up at Piittodrie in his club blazer 1pm every home game to get fed and say nice things about everyone and everybody.Lot of tosh wriitten about him and how his spell stabilized the club and paved the way for Derek McInnes.Aberdeen were awful under Craig Brown and full of rubbish like Ifil,Grassi and Stephen Hughes.Contacts !!! Craig Brown was the days when Robert Milsom was considered a star.Sunday lunchtime crowds of under 7,000.

McGhee signed Ifil and Grassi. Seems a tad harsh slating Broon for them when he inherited them.

Well Ball, Stewart and Nwakali didn't start so its not gonna leave a massive hole to replace.

Somebody mentioned that Lewis will obviously come in for Woodman.

Christie and McLean will be the big holes we need to replace and to be fair to the club McLean was a signed player but he chose to leave, but loaning him back gives us 6 months to source a replacement as opposed to a week.

But I do get your point and it does grate that Christie is only here on loan, the fact that Celtic could take our best player but still refused to sell us a player that they don't want and has hardly played for them still pisses me off.