Lewis Ferguson

I believe that too.

Out of all the midfielders we've utilised already this season (10?), he's definitely been the worst up til now.

Utterly honking on a couple of occasions, looking as if he'd never seen a football before

And no, I'm not being uglyist.

The fact he has a face like a sack of chisels has no bearing on my judgement.

You've not turned into MT have you? And only like players with lovely hair and broad shoulders? Forrester looks a bit like Peter Weir......if he can be about a tenth as good as him, we'll be sorted ;)

Haha what credibility?

We will see when it eventually comes out. Hamilton board are actually satisfied with the outcome and got roughly what they were expecting. That doesn't mean they can't be unhappy with the system. All I can say is I knew the case Hamilton were presenting and I know what they were realistically expecting the outcome to be. That's the last on this from me.

We will see when it eventually comes out. Hamilton board are actually satisfied with the outcome and got roughly what they were expecting. That doesn't mean they can't be unhappy with the system. All I can say is I knew the case Hamilton were presenting and I know what they were realistically expecting the outcome to be. That's the last on this from me.

Until Agent Scotland posts another update.

• Upvote 2

there case was shit though and not within the rules - it's all about Freedom of movement & SFA/UEFA do not have carte blanch authority to be restricting freedom of labour for employees who are out of contract - what you are suggesting is effectively pre Bosman when out of contract players still commanded a fee

It's called Training Compensation for a reason

"Article 39 of the EC Treaty outlines the law requiring freedom of movement. It states that workers should be allowed to move freely amongst member states. This can only be restricted where it is judged to be a proportionate way of achieving a legitimate aim.

Some UK fans may remember Oliver Bernard from his days as a left back for Newcastle Utd. It was his dispute with Olympic Lyon that established that 'encouraging the training and development of young footballers' was a legitimate aim which justified a restriction on the freedom of movement of workers under EU law. His dispute eventually ended up at the European Court of Justice after going through various French courts. The ECJ decided that the French National rules he was disputing with Lyon were too restrictive and went beyond achieving a legitimate aim but held that restrictions could be justified under certain circumstances, such as the need to encourage recruitment and training of young professional players. It took into consideration the considerable social importance of sporting activities, and in particular football in the EU, the objective of encouraging the recruitment and training of young players must be accepted as legitimate. The court's view was that the prospect of receiving training fees is likely to encourage football clubs to seek new talent and train young players. The court stated that a scheme providing for the payment of compensation for training where a young player, at the end of his training, signs a professional contract with a club other than the one which trained him can, in principle, be justified by the objective of encouraging the club to spend money in developing young players."

"the Bernard case established that provisions of national law must not require payment of sums that are in excess of the actual training costs incurred upon termination or expiry of a contract. Training compensation is calculated based on the training costs of the new club multiplied by the number of years of training with the former club. Costs that can be considered training costs are vast: salaries, allowances, benefits paid to players (such as pensions and health insurance), taxes paid on salaries, accommodation expenses, tuition fees and costs incurred in providing internal or external academic education programmes, travel costs incurred in connection with the players education, travel costs for training, matches, competitions and tournaments. It can include expenses incurred for use of facilities for training including pitch hire, gym equipment, maintenance changing rooms etc. Expenses incurred in playing competitive matches including referees expenses, and competition registration fees Salaries of coaches, medical staff, nutritionists and other professionals, medical equipment and supplies, Expenses incurred by volunteers."

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News/training-compensation-why-dundee-united-are-paying-rangers-for-charlie-telfer.html

Why are Hamilton so good at producing good youth footballers?

think Glaswegians know that the Tims & Rangers wont give them a game - so go to smaller club who have established youth policy who have pathways to 1st team debuts and opportunity to progress

you could argue a lot of the younger aberdeen players would be getting game time @ Hamilton which they don't at Aberdeen

What does the G in your username stand for? Gobshite?

Why are Hamilton so good at producing talented youth footballers, who can go further in the game? Assume their budget is limited compared to others (e.g. ours)?

James McCarthy was turned down by Celtic and picked up by Hamilton. James McArthur was actually at numerous pro youth clubs and rangers boys club before finally going to Hamilton when he was 16. Lewis Ferguson was at rangers u11's before he was released and picked up by Hamilton. I guess Hamilton have probably scouted the players and are more patient than the others? I think celtic and rangers operate a scatter gun approach where they take in hundreds of boys so I suppose it's easier to make mistakes and miss out. Plus Hamilton deserve credit for actually giving the boys playing time. That must be a huge factor in anyones development.

James McCarthy was turned down by Celtic and picked up by Hamilton. James McArthur was actually at numerous pro youth clubs and rangers boys club before finally going to Hamilton when he was 16. Lewis Ferguson was at rangers u11's before he was released and picked up by Hamilton. I guess Hamilton have probably scouted the players and are more patient than the others? I think celtic and rangers operate a scatter gun approach where they take in hundreds of boys so I suppose it's easier to make mistakes and miss out. Plus Hamilton deserve credit for actually giving the boys playing time. That must be a huge factor in anyones development.

Celtic operating the 3 F rule during the scatter gun approach.

Find them, fuck them and forget about them

• Upvote 1

feck - it's possible Rangers get some money out of this for his training years 12-14 - nae a lot like but something (Tier 4 Level )

Sounds plausible. Thanks.

One thing that seems to be overlooked here is the formula is based how much it would have cost Aberdeen to develop him, not how much it would actually cost Hamilton

This will be a higher number than the calculations earlier in this thread

Not necessarily, if Hamilton place more emphasis on their youth academy and spend more? Do figures show up in that Project Brave thingy, where there’s different levels of youth development? Can’t remember what they were called

Not necessarily, if Hamilton place more emphasis on their youth academy and spend more? Do figures show up in that Project Brave thingy, where theres different levels of youth development? Cant remember what they were called

True. They may spend more, but given comparative turnover, it seems very unlikely

• Upvote 1